16:00:08 <ggus> #startmeeting community team meeting 2019-08-05
16:00:08 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Aug  5 16:00:08 2019 UTC.  The chair is ggus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:00:08 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
16:00:17 <pili> hi
16:00:30 <ggus> Hi! in this meeting we are going to start using our new pad! https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-community-team-2019-keep
16:00:37 <ggus> please add your updates
16:00:45 <antonela> hello!
16:00:45 <ggus> and add topics that you want to discuss
16:00:52 <cy63113> hi everybody
16:01:03 <marco19_> Shalom
16:04:05 <ggus> hey marco19_
16:09:17 <ggus> let's give some more minutes to people update the pad and then we start to discuss
16:09:50 <marco19_> Hey ggus :D Ready to help.
16:09:57 <ggus> yay!
16:11:33 <ggus> ok, so let's start with topic #1
16:11:42 <ggus> 1. Documentation hackathon in September
16:12:17 <ggus> Some weeks ago this idea pop up during our meeting and we need to start to organize the tasks
16:13:20 <ggus> so we need to guide folks that want to help us: we are going to use #tor-www channel to coordinate this?
16:13:39 <pili> sounds good
16:13:46 <emmapeel> i guess... if we want to improve the websites docs
16:14:08 <pili> I think first we need to come up with a list of tickets and tasks
16:14:09 <pili> and tag them for the hackathon
16:14:14 <antonela> what is the objective of the hackathon ggus?
16:14:30 <ggus> antonela: the goal is to update tb-manual and support.tpo
16:14:53 <antonela> perfect, that is the first thing you should have in a shared pad with instructions :)
16:14:56 <emmapeel> we should make a call and have some instructions or something. also maybe weed the list of tickets
16:15:19 <antonela> +1
16:15:22 <emmapeel> oh, pili said it too
16:16:26 <ggus> i was thinking we could make a blog post with instructions (if we want very public) or we can create a trac wiki page for this
16:16:33 <emmapeel> the idea is that people will take tickets, make changes, test in local, make merge request and we should merge them
16:16:34 <pili> I think a blog post is good
16:17:10 <pili> create some buzz ;)
16:17:13 <pili> then we can share on twitter
16:17:18 <clash> will there be some sort of prize or reward associated? Like some swag or something?
16:17:51 <ggus> i don't think so
16:19:07 <pili> clash: bragging rights? :D
16:19:21 <pili> we do need to find some way to hopefully incentivise people though
16:19:31 <clash> yeah this
16:19:50 <ggus> a special gif made by antonela? :)
16:19:53 <ggus> hehe
16:20:10 <pili> ggus: maybe we can discuss what would be appropriate, we probably can't give everyone that participates something
16:20:11 <clash> If like the top 3 most valuable contributors could get a tshirt or similar, that might garner more interest I think.
16:20:19 <antonela> ggus - YES
16:20:30 <ggus> clash: that's a good idea
16:21:18 <ggus> what do you think top 3 contributors win a tshirt?
16:21:33 <ggus> i'll be happy with a new tor tshirt
16:22:24 <clash> that would be good because students etc generally like that sort of thing and there's places like devswag.io who track such opportunities and have a decent user base.
16:22:42 <antonela> tshirts and stickers, we can do it -- we just need to check with jon, he will say us what is feasible
16:22:55 <pili> yeah
16:23:14 <ggus> i remember sarah saying that we have a good stock of (old) tshirts
16:23:17 <pili> ok, so action items and owners:
16:23:24 <pili> 1. triage and tag tickets
16:24:08 <pili> 2. check with jon what is feasible to offer
16:24:10 <pili> 3. decide who gets what depending on contribution
16:24:24 <pili> 4. decide how contribution will be measured (this will be tricky...)
16:24:45 <kushal> 4. very tricky
16:24:48 <antonela> some kind of instructions? repo, objectives, merge admins
16:25:13 <pili> maybe by tickets closed
16:25:18 <pili> but we should give tickets points
16:25:26 <pili> and add up the points for tickets closed
16:25:33 <pili> dunno
16:25:34 <ggus> +1
16:26:20 <ggus> pili we could do this ticket triage this week? because next week you travel and next next week i travel
16:26:25 <clash> there might be people who find improvements that don't have a ticket associated with it
16:26:40 <emmapeel> clash: we can open a ticket then
16:26:48 <ggus> yes
16:27:02 <clash> fair enough
16:28:13 <pili> so, someone needs to coordinate adding points to those new tickets on the day also :)
16:28:20 <pili> ggus: yup we should
16:28:25 <pili> do you want to do it together then?
16:28:43 <ggus> yes, we can start this week
16:29:26 <emmapeel> yeah there are many tickets at https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=merge_ready&status=needs_information&status=needs_review&status=needs_revision&status=new&status=reopened&component=%5ECommunity%2FTor+Support&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&order=priority that could be used, but then there are others in bet
16:29:33 <emmapeel> ween that are users with actual requests
16:30:28 <emmapeel> also https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=merge_ready&status=needs_information&status=needs_review&status=needs_revision&status=new&status=reopened&component=%5ECommunity%2FTor+Browser+Manual&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&order=priority
16:31:03 <pili> do you need to do anything special to add a new keyword in trac?
16:31:04 <ggus> yep
16:31:20 <ggus> pili: i don't tink so
16:31:21 <pili> thanks emmapeel that will help with triage
16:31:22 <ggus> think
16:32:34 <ggus> oh, and about the dates: september 2 - 6?
16:33:16 <emmapeel> yeah, first week of september
16:34:06 <ggus> ok
16:34:19 <ggus> and about writing the blog post?
16:35:38 <emmapeel> cri cri
16:35:40 <pili> we'll need to coordinate with stephw about this
16:35:43 <pili> hehe
16:35:54 <ggus> ok!
16:36:08 <pili> emmapeel: are you volunteering? ;)
16:36:25 <pili> if no one wants to write it I can do it I guess... ;)
16:36:41 <emmapeel> no! i don' t dare sorry
16:37:03 <emmapeel> yeah we have a volunteer then
16:37:23 <ggus> ok, should we move to the next topic?
16:37:58 <emmapeel> * Tor community activities in CCCamp
16:38:41 <thurayya> uauuu! :)
16:38:48 <ggus> so, at the last moment we're going to have a tor project village in CCCamp 2019 - https://events.ccc.de/camp/2019/wiki/Village:Tor_Project
16:38:48 * thurayya is here following the meeting
16:39:13 <ggus> and *today* we need to submit our proposals
16:39:16 <pili> hey thurayya :)
16:39:43 <ggus> i submitted two activities: 1. tor relay operators meetup ; 2. a talk about running tor trainings in the global south
16:40:51 <ggus> during the week we will have a booth with swag and helping people to donate to tor
16:42:00 <ggus> what else we should do in cccamp?
16:42:17 <ggus> or we should change #2 activity?
16:42:25 <ggus> and talk about community portal
16:42:36 <emmapeel> how to run a relay?
16:42:59 <ggus> i was thinking we could have UX+ community topics in #2
16:43:04 <ggus> emmapeel: #1
16:43:18 <emmapeel> how to edit the website? :D
16:45:30 <ggus> well, any other topics?
16:45:49 <clash> getting involved? all the different teams?
16:46:09 <ggus> clash: this is going to be talked in State of the onion session
16:46:37 <ggus> which you remind now that i forgot to submit
16:46:45 <ggus> but doing it now
16:46:53 * Samdney will be also on cccamp and offers help
16:48:56 <ggus> ok, anything else people? :)
16:49:35 <pili> I'm good :)
16:49:56 <emmapeel> nope
16:50:17 <ggus> i hope everyone enjoyed the new meeting format :)
16:50:36 <ggus> i'll submit this meeting notes to the community mailing list
16:51:44 <ggus> marco19_: to discuss the community portal, join #tor-www
16:51:49 <ggus> i'm killing the bot
16:51:52 <ggus> thanks all!
16:51:54 <ggus> #endmeeting