15:59:35 <ggus> #startmeeting Community Team meeting - 08-26-2019
15:59:35 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Aug 26 15:59:35 2019 UTC.  The chair is ggus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:59:35 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:59:57 <ggus> hola! let's update our pad - https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-community-team-2019-keep
16:00:43 * ggus eating the desert while wait others to update the pad
16:00:44 <emmapeel> o/
16:00:46 <pili> hi
16:00:58 <pili> (running late :P _
16:01:19 <ggus> last week i was at cccamp. pretty *amazing*! <3
16:02:49 <ggus> kat5: about tshirts, we received an email at frontdesk asking about material, sizes and other things. i'll fwd to you tomorrow.
16:03:01 <kat5> Cool.
16:06:24 <ggus> antonela: we should publish media party activivty in torproject calendar
16:06:40 <antonela> yes, lets do it
16:06:47 <antonela> i just got the confirmation, adding the details in the pad
16:06:55 <ggus> nice!
16:07:44 <pili> media party activity? :D
16:07:57 <pili> ah
16:08:15 * emmapeel wonders still
16:08:30 <antonela> http://mediaparty.info/
16:08:40 <ggus> just click on anto link :)
16:08:47 <antonela> there is a media party event in ba later this week, we are talking about it ^^
16:09:34 <emmapeel> nice
16:09:52 <cy63113> awesome!
16:09:55 <ggus> is ailanthus around? i read an email about helping helpdesk
16:10:54 <ggus> okay, let's start.
16:11:10 <ggus> today we have on our agenda docs hackathon
16:11:22 <ggus> i was offline last week i didn't finish to read irc backlog
16:11:34 <ggus> how the hackathon prep is going?
16:12:52 <emmapeel> we' ve got a plan :D
16:13:38 <emmapeel> pili has it (i cant find the link)
16:13:51 <pili> the wiki? :)
16:13:54 <pili> one sec
16:14:07 <pili> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/CommunityTeam/DocsHackathon
16:14:19 <pili> it's not finished
16:14:31 <pili> I ran out of steam, would appreciate some help filling out the details
16:14:44 <pili> and we really need to publish the blog post this week
16:15:26 <ggus> what's the state of the blog post? do we have the survey ready?
16:15:45 <pili> I saw stephw made some great edits: https://nc.riseup.net/s/48LAECAtkLNjWbF
16:16:05 <stephw> i am still working on it, but i can definitely have done this week
16:16:08 <pili> we do have survey: https://survey.torproject.org/index.php/726752?lang=en - it's waiting for the right theme to be added
16:16:09 <clash> I'm working on the image, hopefully can send it by tonight
16:16:26 <pili> I think either antonela or hiro were going to look at updating the survey theme
16:16:36 * antonela doing it now
16:17:02 <pili> thanks antonela ! :)
16:18:04 <clash> I was thinking if the repositories could have a readme with instructions on how to set up locally, that would help the hackathon participants.
16:18:23 <ggus> clash: +1
16:18:46 <clash> https://github.com/torproject/manual has one but https://github.com/torproject/support doesn't
16:19:19 <ggus> clash: i even think that this readme should be part of the hackathon
16:19:38 <clash> ggus: that's an awesome idea!
16:20:19 <clash> since the whole point is making it easy for outside contributors to understand what's going on, it's smart to have their insights
16:21:13 <clash> an initial readme could be set up first
16:21:24 <ggus> when we want to publish the blog post?
16:21:28 <ggus> tomorrow? today?
16:22:05 <pili> asap :)
16:22:39 <pili> can someone take a look at any missing details? I think it's just links to wikis, etc...
16:22:52 <pili> I'm swamped with browser planning today
16:23:36 <stephw> i am finishing another post for tomorrow
16:23:45 <ggus> i'm traveling in 1 hour and getting home very late
16:23:52 <ggus> stephw: is about bridges?
16:23:55 <stephw> yes
16:24:10 <pili> maybe wednesday then? :)
16:24:11 <stephw> i think wednesday makes sense so we can review
16:24:12 <stephw> yes
16:24:18 <pili> sounds good, thanks stephw
16:24:19 <ggus> wednesday to start on friday?
16:24:24 <ggus> ops
16:24:25 <ggus> to start monday
16:27:09 <antonela> stephw: for your bridges blogpost tweet -> https://pad.riseup.net/p/b-lo-QcVCC9To_RwenM6
16:27:24 <ggus> let's review togerther the blog post
16:27:29 <pili> ok, so tomorrow I'll try to take a look at the blogpost then and fill in any missing details
16:27:48 <ggus> in wiki says  Monday 2nd September 00:00UTC to Sunday 8th September 23:59UTC
16:27:59 <stephw> antonela: <3
16:28:09 <ggus> in blogpost: " with a week-long documentation hackathon during the week of the 2nd - 6th September"
16:28:14 <antonela> stephw: :)
16:31:03 <pili> I think it will be until the 8th, no? but it depends if we're able to monitor over the weekend
16:33:35 <pili> everyone's gone quiet :D
16:33:46 <emmapeel> cri cri
16:33:54 <pili> I'm happy with either decision, but we need to commit to one or the other :)
16:33:57 <ggus> i think we should simplify the blog post and remove things that we don't have capacity to do.
16:34:05 <emmapeel> i want to connect but i think i will go to party to bcn
16:34:12 <ggus> for example, to have point on tickets
16:34:35 <pili> ggus: but we need to have some way to estimate effort... :/
16:35:00 <pili> and if we're not available at the weekend, let's just make it run until Friday midnight
16:35:17 <pili> and then have the merge period happen over the following week before deciding prizes?
16:35:26 <ggus> pili: we need someone with git r+w available on saturday
16:35:42 <pili> maybe instead of points we can look at the work done and award points based on that though
16:35:49 <pili> i.e evaluate the work people have actually done
16:36:38 <ggus> pili: yes, it would be easier for us
16:37:01 <ggus> i think we should have a simplified verison of this blog post to be published today
16:37:12 <ggus> so ppl have 1 week to know about it
16:37:33 <ggus> and we can update the blog post with more details later this week (like wednesedsay)
16:37:56 <stephw> where do you think it could be simplified?
16:38:17 <stephw> we also need to wait for the image
16:38:18 <ggus> for example: How will contributions be counted?
16:40:02 <pili> ok, maybe we can remove that or just say we will "grade" the contributions
16:40:29 <pili> I wanted to be transparent but I guess it's going to be more work...
16:42:34 <ggus> i agree
16:42:53 <ggus> who's going to be available on satruday and sunday?
16:42:56 <ggus> o/
16:43:56 <emmapeel> ill try to be a bit available for merges, but not the whole time
16:44:24 <pili> I can help out in the morning and evening
16:44:56 <pili> what will we need to help out with? reviews, merges, helping people get started?
16:46:01 <emmapeel> yes, lektor help :D
16:46:08 <ggus> i think that's all
16:47:01 <emmapeel> also we need people to review the content changes
16:47:10 <ggus> but if it's only we 3, i think it's just more and more work. and probably we should do till friday so
16:47:43 <pili> yeah, the other thing I just realised is that it will be my last weekend here and I'm flying on Monday
16:47:51 <pili> so I will probably need to be sorting things out
16:48:02 <pili> I think it will be a better experience for people if we just do it until Friday
16:48:08 <pili> it's our first one so let's see how it goes
16:48:09 <emmapeel> ok
16:48:11 <ggus> agree
16:48:16 <pili> and be more ambitions for the next one
16:48:21 <emmapeel> i hope people kkeps contributing after the hackathon
16:48:44 <emmapeel> *keeps
16:50:04 <ggus> let's say what else is missing
16:50:05 * clash is back from dinner
16:50:07 <ggus> in our todo
16:50:23 <clash> What is the scope of anything goes on Sunday?
16:50:35 <clash> All repos under torproject?
16:51:05 <ggus> no, the hackathon scope is just documentation from tpo, support, tb-manual
16:51:39 <clash> oh so any of those 3
16:52:23 <ggus> yes
16:53:00 <pili> but we're not going to do the weekend in the end clash
16:53:09 <pili> so I need to update the wiki to reflect that
16:53:30 <pili> maybe we just change thursday and friday for people to work on anything they like
16:53:35 <antonela> pili: i selected the right theme and since we have just 2 questions, i'm showing them in a one-page fashion https://survey.torproject.org/index.php/726752?lang=en
16:53:46 <pili> and just have monday - weds be focused on one website
16:54:04 <pili> antonela: perfect, thanks!
16:54:22 <antonela> pili: the title is quite confusing, maybe we can update it with the same wording we are using in the blogpost to make it easier for people to understand
16:54:28 <pili> yeah
16:54:37 <antonela> pili, cool thanks!
16:54:40 <pili> there's quite a bit of duplication in the bullets also
16:54:49 <pili> we can probably condense that quite a bit
16:54:57 <antonela> yep, feel free
16:56:21 <ggus> i think below "more details" this all should be in wiki page
16:56:30 <ggus> so we can have a blog post
16:57:47 <ggus> we have 3 minutes left
16:57:50 <emmapeel> agreed!
16:58:13 <ggus> so for the blog post: we only need to review and have a image?
16:59:03 <ggus> let's discuss at tor-www or mailing list
16:59:38 <ggus> #endmeeting