14:01:38 <pili> #startmeeting ux team
14:01:38 <MeetBot> Meeting started Tue Sep  3 14:01:38 2019 UTC.  The chair is pili. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:01:38 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
14:01:47 <pili> Who is around? :)
14:01:52 <thurayya> o/
14:01:55 <pili> Here is the pad for updates: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-ux-team-2019-keep
14:01:58 <alarith> hi :)
14:02:05 <pili> hi thurayya and alarith !
14:02:09 <pili> nice to see you both
14:02:47 <pili> please add your updates if you have any
14:04:02 <pili> ok, seems no udpates :)
14:04:13 <pili> looks like it's going to be a quiet one without antonela today... ;)
14:04:18 <alarith> not from me :)
14:04:25 <cy63113> me/ I'm here snooping
14:04:45 <pili> hey cy63113 !
14:04:53 <pili> Ok, I'll move on to the discussion item then
14:04:54 <cy63113> hi!
14:05:10 <alarith> hi!
14:05:11 <pili> we may have the opportunity to participate in google code in this year
14:05:32 <pili> https://codein.withgoogle.com/archive/
14:06:16 <pili> we would need a bunch of short tasks that we could get students to work on
14:06:38 <alarith> this is directed at computer science students mostly, right?
14:06:52 <pili> well, it's pre-university students
14:06:59 <pili> so not necessarily
14:07:10 <pili> but they should be small, self-contained tasks
14:07:25 <pili> I'm thinking it could be a good opportunity to get some of the website frontend issues fixed
14:07:47 <alarith> sounds  good
14:07:49 <pili> but it may require quite a bit of work to mentor
14:07:54 <pili> and curate the list of tasks
14:08:20 <pili> so I don't want to commit to participate unless we decide we have the bandwidth to do so :)
14:08:45 <thurayya> is there a deadline to apply?
14:08:49 <thurayya> to be a host org?
14:09:31 <alarith> https://developers.google.com/open-source/gci/timeline
14:09:56 <alarith> september 17 if I see it correctly
14:10:03 <thurayya> yes :) thanks alarith
14:10:07 <pili> it hasn't been announced yet :)
14:10:12 <pili> for 2019
14:10:25 <pili> but we may apply under an umbrella organisation
14:10:46 <pili> and they've asked us if we're interested in participating when it opens
14:10:58 <alarith> oh, true, it says 2018 there :)
14:12:46 <pili> I think I'll bring this to the websites meeting tomorrow also, might get some concrete ideas there :)
14:12:47 <pili> does anyone want to share any updates today?
14:12:54 <pili> or any blockers I can help out with?
14:13:28 <alarith> I briefly talked with antonela after last week's meeting
14:13:39 <alarith> about what I can do to help
14:14:30 <alarith> I'm mostly working in user research and if someone needs help or so with user surveys or sth I would like to help
14:14:45 <alarith> for example review surveys before they are published or something like that
14:15:06 <alarith> that would be my only update :)
14:15:57 <pili> thanks alarith I'll have a think :)
14:16:04 <pili> we definitely welcome the help
14:16:09 <pili> we just need to get ourselves organised :D
14:16:18 <thurayya> nice :) i'm probably going to start to work with new surveys next week, maybe we can talk sometime
14:16:37 <alarith> great! :)
14:16:46 <pili> yest thurayya, that'd be great
14:17:35 <alarith> what do you think about localization for the google event?
14:17:45 <alarith> btw, is this all online/remote?
14:17:56 <pili> yup, I think so
14:18:11 <pili> we're all mostly remote at Tor, so I hope so! :)
14:18:21 <thurayya> pili: about the code in, if we don't have a mentor for code, we could also apply for documentation/uxr
14:18:24 <thurayya> heheh
14:18:25 <pili> localization could be a good one, emmapeel might have some more ideas about this
14:19:03 <pili> thurayya: yeah, I wonder if docs are in scope... we already have season of docs and the hackathon running this week, so I don't want to go overboard with it! :D
14:19:29 <thurayya> ha! right :)
14:19:54 <pili> you can never have too many docs though...
14:19:55 <pili> ok
14:20:46 <pili> anything else to discuss? otherwise I think we're done here
14:21:06 <thurayya> i'm good
14:21:43 <alarith> me too! @thurayya, you can contact me if you have something where I can help!
14:21:49 <pili> thanks everyone! :)
14:21:53 <pili> #endmeeting