14:01:07 <pili> #startmeeting websites 10/03
14:01:07 <MeetBot> Meeting started Thu Oct  3 14:01:07 2019 UTC.  The chair is pili. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:01:07 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
14:01:21 <pili> Pad: https://storm.torproject.org/shared/HcGijmMMDRnA0CGYgiIW1hUCKOapplHex8QzmtAr4Z_
14:04:35 <pili> I'll give myself and everyone else a few more minutes :)
14:04:42 * antonela is writting
14:05:22 <emmapeel> me is about to finish login
14:06:41 <pili> no rush people :)
14:10:14 <pili> ok, maybe we can start now...
14:10:22 <pili> anyone else around?
14:10:28 <antonela> done
14:10:32 <stephw> hi
14:10:35 <emmapeel> done
14:11:06 <pili> thanks! :)
14:11:19 <pili> does anyone want to share or discuss anything related to their updates?
14:12:15 <emmapeel> cri cri
14:12:33 <antonela> not really, i have one needs-help but we can talk about it later pili
14:13:07 <pili> ok, let's jump into the triage then
14:13:48 <pili> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=merge_ready&status=needs_information&status=needs_review&status=needs_revision&status=new&status=reopened&component=Webpages%2FBlog&or&status=accepted&status=assigned&status=merge_ready&status=needs_information&status=needs_review&status=needs_revision&status=new&status=reopened&component=Webpages%2FStyleguide&or&status=accepted&status=assigned&status=merge_ready
14:13:49 <pili> &status=needs_information&status=needs_review&status=needs_revision&status=new&status=reopened&component=Webpages%2FSupport&or&status=accepted&status=assigned&status=merge_ready&status=needs_information&status=needs_review&status=needs_revision&status=new&status=reopened&component=Webpages%2FWebsite&or&status=accepted&status=assigned&status=merge_ready&status=needs_information&status=needs_review&status=needs_revision&status=new&status=reopened&co
14:13:49 <pili> mponent=Community%2FTor+Browser+Manual&col=id&col=summary&col=component&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=time&desc=1&order=id
14:13:50 <pili> wow
14:13:54 <pili> ok, ignore the query then
14:13:55 <antonela> wow
14:14:12 <antonela> this one? https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=needs_information&status=needs_revision&status=merge_ready&status=reopened&status=needs_review&status=assigned&status=new&status=accepted&group=status&milestone=website+redesign
14:14:21 <pili> well, I added a bunch of websites
14:14:44 <pili> there's only a few tickets since last month still open, so let's go through them one by one :)
14:15:06 <pili> #31949
14:15:12 <pili> this is one from one of our outreachy applicants
14:15:32 <antonela> pili's query > https://share.riseup.net/#XkAKHCPToQoBcHIM_8YWMw
14:16:02 <ggus> pili: you can close this one, since we are working on this issue on dip.tpo/support
14:16:09 <emmapeel> pili: tor#31949 is a consecuence of the cheap ln -s tricks we were using to prevent duplicated content. but it should not happen in the future
14:16:09 <pili> seems like some of the "Edit this page" links don't work > i.e they send you to a github 404 page
14:16:27 <pili> You can also find the query here: https://nc.riseup.net/s/3XqnSkC9rGmb9CN in the "Query" tab
14:16:29 <ggus> https://dip.torproject.org/torproject/web/support/issues/8
14:16:41 <emmapeel> the link to the file to edit was not built correctly, but with the new system it should work well.
14:17:33 <antonela> oki, should we close #31949 as a duplicate?
14:17:43 <ggus> yep
14:18:13 <emmapeel> well, it is still hapening. and until we dont depliy a solution and replace all the links it will still happen
14:18:18 <pili> done
14:18:32 <emmapeel> whatever :D
14:18:35 <antonela> but is a wip in #8
14:18:38 <emmapeel> yes
14:18:42 <emmapeel> exactlt
14:18:45 <pili> #31896
14:18:58 <ggus> i need some macOS user to help on this
14:19:08 <pili> moving on... :P
14:19:09 <pili> I should do this
14:19:24 <pili> I just had some trouble parsing the wall of text on that ticket
14:19:35 <ggus> yep, it's too verbose
14:20:07 <pili> I'll assign to myself
14:20:34 <ggus> pili: i was thinking that we could solve this one if we have an alternative way to download the keys
14:20:46 <ggus> curl website.asc | gpg --import
14:21:06 <pili> yeah, I was also thinking there's probably some better way to deal with this whole verifying keys issue
14:21:37 <pili> just for mac?
14:21:47 <ggus> no, it would work for mac and linux
14:21:50 <antonela> no, both
14:22:16 <pili> I can't remember if curl comes installed by default
14:22:17 <antonela> how we can do it ggus? do we need tsa to mantain tpo.asc?
14:22:29 <ggus> antonela: no, we can use wkd
14:22:36 <antonela> cool
14:22:37 <ggus> it's possible to download the key
14:22:51 <ggus> arma poitned it in another ticket about this
14:22:59 <ggus> i will work on this alternative key thing
14:23:03 <ggus> but not this week
14:23:17 <emmapeel> maybe it is something for outreachy?
14:23:19 <ggus> hopefully in the next week
14:23:43 <antonela> so maybe is smart to wait until this is ready before update the docs
14:23:48 <pili> ok, ggus ping me when you are working on it and need someone to test it
14:23:53 <pili> antonela: yup :)
14:24:08 <ggus> curl is not installed by default in linux
14:24:28 <pili> this is a usability problem :P
14:25:14 <emmapeel> now there is also a new curated-keys server i think
14:25:41 <antonela> but hey is a one line for linux users $ sudo apt install curl
14:25:42 <ggus> emmapeel: yep, but we can use our own
14:25:49 <antonela> we can have it as part of the instructions
14:25:58 <pili> antonela: true
14:25:58 <emmapeel> ok
14:26:03 <pili> do we want to brainstorm more ideas on this? or move on to #31722 ?
14:26:23 <pili> this last one we can possibly take care of with the developer portal, wdyt antonela ?
14:26:37 <antonela> yes, is a good list for the dev portal
14:26:59 <ggus> 8 y ago...
14:27:33 <pili> ok, I think the one after that #31342 we already l
14:27:34 <antonela> ye i know, but the dev portal is the place or leave that wiki page dead there
14:27:43 <pili> discussed last time
14:27:51 <ggus> last year traumschule did a good work with community dev projects in 2019.www website
14:28:25 <antonela> do you want to link it to that ticket ggus?
14:28:39 <antonela> https://2019.www.torproject.org/projects/projects
14:28:40 <antonela> this one ^^
14:28:41 <antonela> ?
14:28:49 <ggus> antonela: let's open a new ticket about new content to dev?
14:29:14 <antonela> i'd like stop opening tickets in trac
14:29:21 <antonela> bt yes, in dip
14:29:22 <ggus> me too, dip pls
14:29:24 <pili> maybe this is a good time to move to discussing the developer portal
14:29:33 <pili> I don't think we have a repo for it anywhere yet
14:29:42 <antonela> one more thing re triage
14:29:43 <ggus> pili: we should reach out grant team
14:29:52 <ggus> i don't know anything about legal things
14:29:57 <antonela> can we clean this query https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=needs_information&status=needs_revision&status=merge_ready&status=reopened&status=needs_review&status=assigned&status=new&status=accepted&group=status&milestone=website+redesign
14:29:58 <ggus> :)
14:30:05 <pili> ggus: yup sstevenson is assigned that ticket now
14:30:09 <pili> antonela: yup, let's take a look
14:30:21 <antonela> i think your query was better pili
14:30:26 <ggus> antonela: https://2019.www.torproject.org/projects/community.html.en < this page actually
14:30:45 <antonela> ggus: ooh
14:31:00 <antonela> i just want to clean trac at some point, so the dip migration is lighter
14:31:19 <antonela> im doing it slowly, specially in tickets which has my name
14:31:26 <antonela> but then there are a lot of ancient stuff there
14:31:31 <pili> yeah
14:31:56 <ggus> I bet you wanted to study archeology :)
14:32:27 <antonela> maybe? :)
14:32:50 <ggus> digital archeology, exploring trac!
14:32:50 <emmapeel> you can learn about usability a lot when you do archaeology
14:33:26 <antonela> i dont know, if you feel like closing/cleaning tickets in trac does not worth our time then lets move forward
14:33:41 <pili> sorry, got distracted looking at the ancient ruins, e.g #22888
14:34:08 <pili> I love closing tickets, but I think there's too many and we won't get through the rest of the meeting if we do :)
14:34:13 <emmapeel> what about this one: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/25475
14:34:17 <pili> I'll add it to my todo and ping people about it
14:34:35 <emmapeel> that sounds nice for documentation contributors
14:34:43 <antonela> that is a good one emmapeel, i have one for the website too https://dip.torproject.org/torproject/web/tpo/issues/27
14:35:06 <pili> it's a very nice idea
14:35:07 <antonela> maybe we can have a place in teh website where we credit tb pushers too
14:35:19 <ggus> pili: that one is nice, but who could do this?
14:35:42 <pili> yeah, not sure I think we need to move on for now :)
14:36:07 <pili> shall we move on to the developer portal?
14:36:23 <pili> hiro: I think we're ready to create the developer portal repo and lektor skeleton
14:36:26 <pili> are you ok to do that?
14:37:08 <pili> we have mocks here: https://marvelapp.com/4471ig9/screen/38283300
14:37:13 <pili> antonela: I'm hoping these are still valid?
14:37:26 <antonela> somehow yes
14:37:37 <pili> good :)
14:37:45 <antonela> the layout will be that, we still need to define the content
14:39:13 <pili> yup
14:39:42 <hiro> ok
14:39:55 <hiro> please add all the information to the git issue
14:40:00 <pili> ok!
14:40:15 <pili> once we have that and the dip repo we can start creating tickets for the developer portal work
14:41:01 <ggus> new repo will be tpo/web/dev?
14:41:17 <pili> I think so
14:42:12 <hiro> https://dip.torproject.org/torproject/web/dev
14:43:46 <emmapeel> hiro: will this repo be at gitweb too?
14:43:55 <pili> emmapeel: yes it should be
14:43:58 <pili> same as all the others
14:44:03 <pili> gitweb is the canonical repo
14:44:06 <emmapeel> ok
14:44:06 <pili> all others are mirrors
14:44:32 <emmapeel> there is only one repo!
14:44:45 <pili> :D
14:45:07 <pili> ok, any other questions or comments on the developer portal?
14:45:20 <pili> I've added some links to the top of the pad about it
14:47:05 <pili> shall we move on then? :)
14:47:46 <pili> ggus: I think you're next
14:48:14 <ggus> i think we need to announce this meeting on www-team mailing list + send meeting notes
14:48:39 <ggus> so the meeting notes are indexed in mailing list archive
14:49:03 <ggus> and maybe we get more volunteers helping us
14:49:06 <pili> oh yes, I think you asked me this already...
14:49:21 <pili> I should probably announce in #tor-www just before the meeting
14:49:53 <pili> ok, this is an action item for me, noted and I'll get into the habit :)
14:49:57 <pili> starting today ;)
14:50:05 <ggus> i can help :)
14:50:12 * antonela goes to subscribe to another list
14:51:12 <pili> who's next?
14:51:13 <pili> I don't recognize the colour... :D
14:51:42 <ggus> also me :)
14:52:05 <pili> go ahead :)
14:52:31 <ggus> we should add the nice notice saying "This webpage is archived" in 2019.www
14:52:51 <ggus> and also mention that here: https://github.com/torproject/webwml
14:52:56 <ggus> so people stop submiting PR
14:53:13 <antonela> i have https://dip.torproject.org/torproject/web/tpo/issues/26
14:53:16 <antonela> for it
14:53:21 <antonela> if is prior, i can work on it
14:53:56 <pili> well... there's other priorities :)
14:53:58 <antonela> (is the same issue?)
14:54:03 <ggus> it is
14:54:16 <pili> there was an outreachy candidate asking for frontend work
14:54:26 <pili> maybe we can point them to that? :/
14:54:35 <ggus> that would be nice
14:55:00 <antonela> cool, the problem for me is that i never touched webwml before
14:55:05 <antonela> but i'll figure it out
14:55:06 <pili> we should figure out if we want to make frontend work part of the outreachy project though
14:55:07 <pili> I can't remember what we said about it
14:55:32 <ggus> it's there
14:55:48 <ggus> "small adjustments" or something like that
14:55:52 <pili> ok
14:55:55 <pili> good :)
14:55:58 <pili> we have 4 minutes
14:56:05 <pili> and someone else in the room after us
14:56:10 <pili> anything else for today?
14:56:11 <ggus> i'll engange with the outreachy applicant about this #26
14:56:15 <pili> thanks ggus !
14:57:20 <antonela> iamgroot pili
14:57:25 <pili> ok
14:57:29 <pili> I think I'll call it
14:57:38 <pili> #endmeeting