15:59:43 <ggus> #startmeeting Community Team meeting - 2019/12/02
15:59:43 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Dec  2 15:59:43 2019 UTC.  The chair is ggus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:59:43 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:59:59 <ggus> Hello everyone!
16:00:12 <c1e0> Greetings all o/
16:00:15 <ggus> We are already in December!
16:00:46 <ggus> Please update our meeting pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-community-team-2019-keep
16:00:51 <pili> (I'm only half here for now... :) )
16:06:12 <ggus> if everyone is done updating the pad, we can start
16:07:21 <ggus> - Community Portal translation: it's ready?
16:07:32 <ggus> emmapeel brought this last week
16:07:48 <emmapeel> yes, i would like to send the strings to translation
16:08:00 <ggus> i feel that some parts the content is ready
16:08:10 * antonela o/
16:08:30 <ggus> Or the things i need to push would not change the translation, for example, new slides
16:08:45 <ggus> hey antonela
16:09:23 <emmapeel> also, it is ok if there is MISSING content, I only want to prevent translators to have to translate a series of small variations of the same string...
16:09:24 <ggus> emmapeel: to translate community.tpo you will submit the whole portal? or you will split by sections?
16:09:39 <emmapeel> so as long as all the content that is there is ready for production, it is ok
16:10:33 <emmapeel> no, the software does all together. i said a couple of months ago that if you give me a list of what still needs work, i can delete those files on my local install and generate the translation file without them
16:11:29 <pili> I need to jump in and review where we are at with reviews here
16:11:32 <pili> not sure if someone has been checking and has a better idea
16:11:48 <emmapeel> although of course it will be better and easier and les work to finish the content.. not sure if that is still relevant as it was some months ago
16:12:24 <emmapeel> i have been merging reviews from stephw and others, but i am not really sure about the whole picture
16:14:41 <pili> no worries emmapeel that's on me :)
16:14:52 <pili> I just haven't had time to keep up with it in november
16:14:57 <pili> I'll do a review sometime this week
16:15:04 <pili> probably before the websites meeting
16:15:07 <ggus> i'd like to flag this content, so we don't translate it: https://community.torproject.org/relay/community-resources/good-bad-isps/
16:15:29 <pili> so we can review then
16:15:30 <pili> ggus: +1 yes, good idea
16:15:31 <pili> emmapeel: is there a good way to do this?
16:15:34 <emmapeel> no
16:15:35 <ggus> emmapeel: where we can have a list of pages that we don't translate?
16:15:38 <pili> there's probably other content like that that would be good
16:16:02 <pili> e.g I didn't want people to translate the cy-pres  awards page as it's not relevant outside the US :P
16:16:12 <pili> also we've had this conversation before about jobs
16:16:13 <emmapeel> not sure how to do that in lektor, there is a way to do it for a whole model filed, but i dont know about individual pages
16:16:26 <pili> maybe this is more of a website conversation than community team though
16:16:41 <ggus> yes
16:17:41 <pili> emmapeel: are you ok to move this discussion to wednesday?
16:18:02 <emmapeel> which discussion? the community portal translations?
16:18:16 <ggus> no, the webpages that we don't want to translate
16:18:50 <emmapeel> i think i have nothing to do with that. i mean, is a software development thing more
16:19:03 <emmapeel> also maybe antonela, etc
16:21:29 <pili> well, also whether we are happy to send the community portal for translation
16:23:17 <ggus> the sections training and relay operations are ready
16:23:40 <pili> \o/
16:23:43 <ggus> onion services looks good too
16:23:50 <pili> emmapeel: I'm guessing localization is also ready?
16:23:54 <emmapeel> yes
16:23:55 <pili> I think that was one of the first
16:24:13 <pili> ok, so it's just outreach and user research I need to double check
16:24:39 <ggus> i think user research nah and antonela uplodaded fresh new content last month
16:24:49 <antonela> yes we did
16:25:00 <antonela> and i also don't think we should translate it, yet
16:25:39 <ggus> i'll open a ticket in dip, so we don't miss which pages we don't want to translate
16:25:48 <pili> thanks ggus
16:26:22 <pili> so maybe we can send those 4 sections for now: training, relays, onion services and localization
16:26:25 <pili> what do you all think?
16:26:48 <emmapeel> ok
16:26:57 <ggus> +1
16:29:01 <antonela> but good-bad-isp is under relays
16:29:20 <emmapeel> ha!
16:29:20 <antonela> how we can flag it for no l10n?
16:29:26 <ggus> https://dip.torproject.org/torproject/web/community/issues/109
16:29:27 <emmapeel> i dont know
16:29:30 <emmapeel> there is not way that i know
16:29:37 <emmapeel> maybe hiro knows
16:30:11 <antonela> can we open that ticket? we need a way to flag pages for no-l10n
16:30:24 <antonela> maybe we can do it with a custom header
16:30:47 <ggus> i opened that ticket
16:33:18 <ggus> let's discuss that ticket on thursday
16:33:35 <pili> sounds good
16:34:08 <ggus> but if people translate that is ok, it shouldn't stop the portal translation
16:35:20 <ggus> next topic: - Translators opening issues in Transifex: https://dip.torproject.org/torproject/web/manual/issues/24
16:36:08 <ggus> i added my opinion on the ticket
16:36:35 <emmapeel> yes, i have documented for translators to do it otherwise, but they dont care much. they say they cannot go through all the steps of opening a ticket etc and that they do like that with other applications
16:36:48 <emmapeel> the developers also dont look at the tickets
16:37:01 <emmapeel> i have been through this input more than once but it would be nice if more people does it
16:37:40 <emmapeel> for example phw went through the comments on snowflake
16:38:01 <hiro> I think it's the translate flag
16:38:07 <emmapeel> i have added https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/translation/rules#Howtoeditasourcestringorsubmitfeedbackaboutasourcestring
16:39:50 <emmapeel> anyway if the ticket is closed not sure why we are talking about it
16:40:09 <pili> emmapeel: is there some way to get notified about these issues?
16:40:19 <pili> I don't mind being the interface with translators on transifex
16:40:36 <pili> as in, checking issues reported in transifex and triaging them
16:41:13 <emmapeel> on the ticket at https://dip.torproject.org/torproject/web/manual/issues/24 there is an explanation about the process
16:41:31 <pili> it would make it easier for me if I got an email in my inbox though
16:41:32 <pili> rather than having to check every x days
16:41:33 <pili> ok, I'll take a look
16:42:48 <emmapeel> pili: also https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/translation/developers#Translatorsinput
16:44:07 <ggus> emmapeel: did you tell translators about this wiki page recently in the l10n mailing list and other communication channels?
16:44:48 <emmapeel> ggus: yes
16:45:01 <emmapeel> i am linking that page with my calls for translation this last days
16:45:14 <emmapeel> and refining it with the feedback and errors i see most common
16:47:40 <ggus> alright
16:48:48 <ggus> anything else or can i stop the bot?
16:50:38 <ggus> #endmeeting