16:00:24 <ggus> #startmeeting Community Team - 2019-12-09
16:00:24 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Dec  9 16:00:24 2019 UTC.  The chair is ggus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:00:24 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
16:00:37 <ggus> Starting now community team meeting
16:01:09 <ggus> here is our meeting pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-community-team-2019-keep
16:02:06 <ggus> next week will be our last meeting of the year
16:05:13 <ggus> c1e0: ping
16:07:22 <cy63113> Hi peeps, I canĀ“t stay in the meeting today
16:07:24 <cy63113> I already included my updates on the pad
16:07:38 <c1e0> Hi all :)
16:08:43 <cy63113> Just a quick remember: next Global South meeting will be Dec 18, 16utc, #tor-south
16:09:04 <tgeek> Hi @c1e0
16:09:56 <RotationMatrix> Hello
16:13:53 <ggus> thanks, cy63113
16:14:36 <ggus> i don't think we have a specific topic for today meeting
16:14:51 <ggus> but i'd like to ask some help on this: https://dip.torproject.org/torproject/web/community/issues/72
16:15:25 <ggus> how to do this -> https://dip.torproject.org/torproject/web/community/issues/72#note_483
16:19:27 <ggus> well, unless someone has something to discuss, i'll stop the bot
16:19:54 <pili> :)
16:20:03 <pili> ggus: we already discussed it a while back
16:20:12 <pili> I didn't have any good ideas, it's tricky
16:20:20 <tgeek> I have a question
16:20:34 <ggus> tgeek: go ahead
16:21:30 <tgeek> Is there a website/wiki on trac where I can get a good handle on what needs to be learned to participate in the group? Isee links like dip that I've never seen before I can't help but feel like I'm missing a lot
16:22:08 <ggus> oh, it's because dip is going to be the new trac
16:22:23 <ggus> a few things are there (only web, ux and community)
16:22:47 <ggus> ahf hiro and others are planning this migration trac-> gitlab
16:23:02 <tgeek> I've never seen that talked about in the mailing list, so besides coming to this meeting, how would someone know?
16:23:07 <tgeek> I see
16:24:23 <pili> tgeek: we're also still updating the wiki on trac for some things
16:24:45 <tgeek> ok, I will keep my eyes open :)
16:24:51 <pili> so for example: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/CommunityTeam is still a good resource
16:25:00 <ggus> tgeek: we wrote a newcomer guide: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/Outreachy#Newcomerguide
16:25:59 <ggus> but it was for the Outreachy project
16:26:18 <ggus> we should write a better onboarding manual to the community
16:26:23 <tgeek> One last thing, I'm going to FOSDEM. Is there any word on needs for people to work at a booth?
16:26:34 <tgeek> Thanks @ggus!
16:27:20 <ggus> tgeek: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/meetings/2020Brussels
16:27:36 <ggus> add your name
16:28:00 <ggus> i think we are looking for a booth space, actually.
16:28:14 <pili> tgeek: yes, we didn't have an accepted stand in the end :(
16:28:23 <pili> let me update the page
16:29:37 <tgeek> cool. I just added
16:29:48 <ggus> but, yes, fosdem will be a good place to meet some of us
16:31:26 <tgeek> that would be awesome
16:35:03 <ggus> anything else folks? :)
16:37:20 <pili> I'm good
16:37:32 <pili> I updated the 2020Brussels page with some other events happening around the same time
16:37:39 <pili> feel free to add any others you may know of
16:37:51 <ggus> thanks, pili
16:38:55 <ggus> #endmeeting