15:59:56 <ggus> #startmeeting Community Team 06 Jan 2020
15:59:56 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Jan  6 15:59:56 2020 UTC.  The chair is ggus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:59:56 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
16:00:00 <ggus> hello!
16:00:03 <ggus> o/
16:00:06 <c1e0> o/
16:00:23 <ggus> happy new year folks!
16:00:38 <cy63113> hi everyone!
16:00:46 <cy63113> happy 2020! :)
16:00:47 <ggus> and we have a new pad! https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-community-team-2020-keep
16:01:26 <kushal> Hello
16:01:47 <ggus> add your updates, or topics to discuss
16:01:50 <kushal> Happy new year everyone :)
16:04:05 <antonela> happy new year folks!
16:06:56 <ggus> how are things in india, kushal?
16:07:38 <ggus> yesterday i read about an attack in a university
16:08:47 <kushal> bab, very very bad
16:09:05 <cy63113> Hey folks, I have an appointment and I need to leave the meeting. I'll catch up later
16:09:21 <kushal> https://scroll.in/latest/948952/jnu-violence-echoes-of-germany-moving-towards-nazi-rule-says-nobel-laureate-abhijit-banerjee
16:09:38 <kushal> ggus, ^^ govt is following all Nazi Germany steps one by one.
16:10:24 <ggus> kushal: i read about an internet shutdown, one week ago. do you know if it was possible to circumvent it with tor?
16:10:59 <ggus> ok cy63113
16:11:10 <kushal> ggus, Nope :( we need internet to reach Tor network.
16:11:55 <ggus> right, so it was a real internet shutdown, not just social media censorship
16:12:32 <kushal> ggus, I am going to push a blog post in another few minutes about Internet shutdown part.
16:12:32 <kushal> Yes
16:12:58 <kushal> ggus, Though I found real interest about Tor in the workshop I did on 22nd
16:14:06 <ggus> nice, we have some outreach flyers that you could print and share
16:14:52 <kushal> will do that before next workshop
16:15:22 <kushal> Thank you.
16:20:30 <ggus> sorry, got distracted
16:21:01 <ggus> during ccc, some torservers partners did a meetup, you can find the notes here: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2020-January/018022.html
16:21:54 <ggus> #info https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2020-January/018022.html
16:23:02 <ggus> and there was a talk about fake likes that the reseachers used tor: https://media.ccc.de/v/36c3-10936-inside_the_fake_like_factories
16:23:14 <ggus> #info https://media.ccc.de/v/36c3-10936-inside_the_fake_like_factories
16:24:27 <ggus> francisco and i submitted a proposal for this event: https://www.journalismfestival.com/
16:25:59 <ggus> oh, yeah, i'll go to fosdem!
16:26:22 <ggus> so, yes, i can facilitate the tor meetup
16:27:48 <ggus> if we don't have more updates, i'll stop the bot and return to my reports :)
16:29:47 <ggus> #endmeeting