16:00:12 <ggus> #startmeeting Community Team meeting 01-27-2020
16:00:12 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Jan 27 16:00:12 2020 UTC.  The chair is ggus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:00:12 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
16:00:16 <ggus> hello!
16:00:17 <pili> shortest meeting ever... ;)
16:00:22 <c1e0> o/
16:00:22 <cy63113> hi everyone
16:00:25 <ggus> hehe! :D
16:00:25 <anarcat> haha
16:00:33 <kushal> Hello everyone
16:00:56 <ggus> Starting community team meeting now, here's our pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-community-team-2020-keep
16:01:11 <ggus> please add your notes and then we jump in the discussion
16:01:28 <tgeek> Hi all
16:08:54 <emmapeel> hi tgeek
16:10:36 <ggus> i think everyone finish to update the pad
16:11:21 <ggus> * FOSDEM prep
16:11:47 <ggus> this weekend we will have some tor activities at fosdem
16:11:58 <pili> (and OFFDEM :) )
16:12:05 <ggus> AND offdem!!
16:12:10 <pili> :D
16:12:21 <tgeek> woohoo!
16:12:52 <ggus> but, unfortunately, we won't have a booth in fosdem
16:13:49 <ggus> i sent an invitation to tor-relays mailing list
16:14:20 <ggus> and we have a tweet about the meetup: https://twitter.com/torproject/status/1220321552564211713
16:15:11 <ggus> i don't know if we are missing something else. people who attended last year, what do yo uthink?
16:16:10 <ggus> hm, we should add ahf talk here https://blog.torproject.org/tor-fosdem-2020-brussels
16:16:20 <kushal> ggus, saptak will be there.
16:16:33 <ggus> from hasgeek?
16:16:44 <emmapeel> from FOSS asia i think
16:17:05 <emmapeel> saptak hosted us last year in the FOSS Asia table
16:17:46 <ggus> cool! i don't think i meet them before
16:18:36 <emmapeel> great booth buddy on my experince :D
16:18:59 <tgeek> I'm still fairly new to this group, but I will be there :)
16:19:12 <ggus> hehe, the booth is the best place to be in an event.
16:20:12 <ggus> tgeek: you can find us at offdem (saturday morning) or during the tor meetup (afternoon)
16:20:45 <tgeek> I don't know where offdem is, but I will try to find it.
16:22:11 <ggus> pili: do we still want to have tor tshirts?
16:22:32 <pili> If we think we'll be able to sell them then yes :)
16:23:18 <ggus> i think we can easily sell it, but the only person with TPI tshirts is Gaba
16:23:56 <pili> tgeek: https://www.openstreetmap.org/search?query=%20Rue%20Fritz%20Toussaint%2047%2C%20Brussels#map=19/50.82280/4.38448
16:23:58 <pili> all other details about OFFDEM are here: https://ps.zoethical.org/c/cooperation/offdem/129
16:25:42 <ggus> gaba: how many tshirts do you think you could bring to brussels?
16:26:27 <tgeek> pili: thanks! That's near my airbnb
16:29:21 <ggus> well, anything else on fosdem/offdem?
16:29:43 <gaba> ggus: I have a box of around 20 tshirts I think
16:30:04 <pili> ggus: I think I'm good :)
16:30:31 <ggus> gaba: if you bring, i can help sell it.
16:30:42 <emmapeel> 20? that is not much
16:31:26 <gaba> I can count them. Not sure how many but is a medium box. If we have a place to sell them I can ring them all
16:31:29 <gaba> bring*
16:32:55 <emmapeel> last year we ran out of tshirts very quickly
16:33:22 <ggus> gaba: i can find a spot :)
16:34:54 <ggus> ok, next topic: tor village in iff
16:35:50 <ggus> this year in IFF - internetfreedomfestival.org - we're going to have 2 days of self-organised activities
16:36:52 <ggus> we will open a call for activities next month (feb/march) so people from the community can send their proposals
16:36:53 <cy63113> that's really awesome!
16:38:25 <ggus> We also have this wiki page to add who's going: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/meetings/2020Valencia
16:39:24 <ggus> In Tor village we would like to have activities connected to the tor ecosystem: securedrop, tails, onionshare, localization hackathon
16:40:07 <emmapeel> nice
16:40:33 <ggus> and we could also have a booth there to sell tshirts
16:41:41 <gaba> if you need a ticket for IFF please contact any of us for the voucher. The tickets are going until feb 14th
16:41:47 <emmapeel> yeah
16:43:20 <ggus> if you have ideas about activities that you would like to do, you can send to me
16:43:30 <ggus> i'm organizing a pad with others ideas
16:45:22 <ggus> anything else on IFF? Tor Village?
16:47:23 <pili> I'm good
16:48:16 <emmapeel> about tshirts on valencia, couldnt we ask jon to ship some to las naves now, so we have them there when we arrive?
16:48:32 <pili> we should do a budget for this first
16:48:49 <pili> as in how much it's going to cost to ship vs how much we expect to make back on t-shirt sales
16:49:13 <emmapeel> yeah i said tshirts but i was thinking more on stickers i think
16:49:27 <pili> yeah, stickers definitely
16:50:00 <pili> ggus: you should probably get some sent to yourself also if you are low on supplies
16:50:01 <ggus> i can start a thread with jon about stickers.
16:50:05 <pili> yeah
16:51:14 <ggus> ok, anything else?
16:51:25 <emmapeel> im groot
16:51:28 <gaba> hey! I'm going to use pili's spreadsheet to mark down who is getting tickets with the Tor voucher for IFF
16:51:40 <emmapeel> i got mine
16:51:50 <ggus> i'll do this after the meeting
16:51:57 <pili> yup we should mark off once we have ours
16:51:58 <pili> so we know how many are left
16:52:04 <kushal> ggus, I did that workshop on the weekend.
16:52:06 <gaba> yes
16:52:16 <kushal> It was good, and onionshare was a hit there.
16:52:33 <kushal> The org did a tweet, which was share good number of times in Indian twitter world.
16:52:46 <ggus> kushal: nice!!
16:53:22 <cy63113> I have 2 quick reminders:
16:53:29 <cy63113> Global South Meeting tomorrow, 16utc
16:53:59 <cy63113> and Cryptorave <3 just opened call for activities
16:54:01 <cy63113> https://hola.cryptorave.org/2020/cfp
16:56:05 <ggus> ok folks, i think that's it for today :)
16:56:10 <ggus> #endmeeting