18:59:30 <pili> #startmeeting tor-browser-release 02/19
18:59:30 <MeetBot> Meeting started Wed Feb 19 18:59:30 2020 UTC.  The chair is pili. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
18:59:30 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
19:00:00 <pili> Here is the pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-browser-release-meeting-keep
19:00:01 <pili> please add any discussion items and requests :)
19:01:25 <antonela> hi, i'll be here the first 20ish minutes
19:01:33 * antonela reads the pad
19:02:00 <pili> hi everyone btw... (where are my manners today?!) :)
19:02:16 <antonela> :)
19:02:39 <boklm> hi
19:03:44 <antonela> so, i think the discussion item is mostly for tbb
19:03:59 <antonela> what do we have for 9.5a6?
19:04:12 <pili> yup, I'm just checking now
19:05:18 <pili> anyone have any candidate tickets they would like to nominate while I come up with my own?
19:06:08 <antonela> i feel we may want to prioritize s27, but maybe someone is working on anything else too
19:07:01 <pili> yeah, I'm also checking for any tickets that have been closed recently or are close
19:08:01 <pili> last time we had this meeting we had spoken about maybe trying to get #19251 and #32645 in this next alpha
19:08:02 <pili> but if we're not ready with those maybe it makes sense to postpone one more week
19:08:04 <pili> and save us the build overhead
19:09:16 <GeKo> #32658 should make it in and we should start signing the alpha mar files with the key i recently put on the signing machine
19:09:31 <pili> thanks GeKo, that's useful! :)
19:10:39 <pili> sysrqb: any thoughts?
19:14:02 <pili> I'm thinking that unless #19251 and #32645 are closed and merged soon it's probably not worth doing a build
19:14:55 <sysrqb> I'm testing #31130 as well
19:15:18 <pili> ah great
19:15:22 <sysrqb> but i want review from emmapeel for #19251
19:15:27 <sysrqb> for the new strings
19:15:33 <sysrqb> and i don't know how soon that will happen
19:16:01 <pili> rigt, so, how are you feeling about a build next week?
19:16:03 <pili> or when would you want to make a decision about it?
19:16:31 <sysrqb> i think we could decide tomorrow, and plan a release at the end of next week
19:17:39 <antonela> sounds like a plan
19:18:19 * antonela vanishes
19:19:23 <pili> ok :)
19:19:32 <sysrqb> also, we should get #28145 into a release
19:19:59 <sysrqb> on the one hand, i don't want to put much time into improving Tor Browser on Android
19:20:02 <pili> oh yes, let me add all of these to the pad
19:20:17 <sysrqb> but, on the other hand, we should can still make small improvements
19:20:48 <pili> I guess as long as we can reuse them later it's probably a good idea
19:21:02 <pili> at least it gives us a baseline of what we want in the fenix based one
19:21:34 <sysrqb> yeah
19:21:56 <sysrqb> i don't know what our about:tor will look like after we move to fenix
19:22:12 <sysrqb> but this is a useful information we should show
19:22:20 <pili> so I have those 5 tickets listed above as candidates for the alpha
19:22:23 <pili> any more?
19:22:25 <sysrqb> *is useful
19:23:29 <sysrqb> those are the main features i'd want in the next one
19:24:39 <pili> ok
19:24:55 <pili> so I guess we'll see where we are tomorrow, lots of reviews to close off :)
19:25:23 <sysrqb> yes :) :/
19:25:29 <sysrqb> but it is good
19:25:42 <sysrqb> we are very close on most of them
19:26:53 <pili> great
19:27:01 <pili> do we have anything else to discuss? :)
19:28:06 <pili> if not, we can end the meeting early
19:28:18 <pili> I'll give one more minute for comments... ;)
19:28:18 <sysrqb> i don't :)
19:29:07 <pili> ok then...
19:29:12 <pili> #endmeeting