15:59:35 <ggus> #startmeeting Community Team - mar 02 2020
15:59:35 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Mar  2 15:59:35 2020 UTC.  The chair is ggus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:59:35 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:59:44 <ggus> hello, who's around? :)
16:00:12 <c1e0> Hiya!
16:00:19 <ggus> hey cleo o/
16:00:19 <antonela> o/
16:00:23 <emmapeel> o/
16:00:24 <pili> hi
16:00:32 <pili> (I'm only half here for now)
16:00:45 <ggus> here's our meeting pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-community-team-2020-keep
16:01:26 <ggus> this is the last week of cleopatra as intern in Outreachy :~
16:02:00 <c1e0> :(
16:02:37 <emmapeel> oh!
16:03:17 <ggus> it was too fast :(
16:03:47 <emmapeel> yes! although it was enough to get used to her :D
16:06:31 <ggus> if everyone is ready, we can jump to discussion topics
16:07:17 <pili> +1
16:08:35 <ggus> this week will also start the new contribution period for the next Outreachy
16:08:55 <ggus> and we submitted the same project
16:09:22 <ggus> so we should start tagging docshackathon / documentation in tickets in trac
16:10:43 <ggus> i also added to my tasks to write/update the blog post calling the docs hackathon (to next wednesday, march 11)
16:12:50 <ggus> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=!closed&component=Webpages%2FSupport
16:13:26 <emmapeel> where are we going to open the tickets, in dip?
16:14:12 <ggus> emmapeel: i'm not sure if dip is going to be online in the next weeks... since there's a migration to gitlab.tpo
16:14:36 <ggus> so i was thinking to stay in trac
16:14:44 <emmapeel> ok!
16:15:08 <ggus> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/33423
16:15:14 <ggus> this is a nice one
16:15:35 <ggus> very common question and easy to answer
16:15:43 <ggus> what do you think?
16:16:47 <pili> yup
16:17:09 <emmapeel> yes. are we going to triage them now? sorry i didnt understood
16:17:39 <ggus> emmapeel: yes
16:19:05 <ggus> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/33431
16:20:03 <ggus> emmapeel: do you think this one is done? https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/29502
16:20:24 <emmapeel> ggus: no
16:20:51 <ggus> do you think it's a docshackathon task?
16:21:00 <emmapeel> i wanted to talk with hiro about the model and then when it is ready, ask for moving the contents
16:21:12 <emmapeel> i didnt do that yet
16:21:13 <ggus> okay
16:21:25 <emmapeel> not sure if it will be ready by then
16:21:35 <emmapeel> #33384 looks easy if you can read the mentioned ticket
16:21:49 <emmapeel> i mean, if you understand a little about tor
16:22:28 <emmapeel> #33340 looks easy
16:22:30 <ggus> that one i asked cleo to do, we discussed in our last 1:1 :)
16:22:42 <ggus> emmapeel: yes for 33340
16:23:08 <ggus> emmapeel: but there's a tricky (see boklm answer to my pr)
16:23:12 <emmapeel> ggus: what is the tag then? DocsHackathon like before? then we can reuse
16:23:21 <emmapeel> ooh
16:23:22 <ggus> emmapeel: yes, same tag
16:23:46 <tgeek> Sorry to change the topic, but what is the best to way to update the FAQ? Is that documented?
16:23:58 <ggus> tgeek: hey!
16:24:06 <ggus> which faq?
16:24:11 <ggus> support.tpo or other resource?
16:24:28 <tgeek> https://support.torproject.org/
16:25:01 <ggus> tgeek: the easy way is to click in 'edit button' and open a pull request
16:25:06 <ggus> in github
16:25:12 <kushal> Hello, sorry for being late.
16:25:19 <ggus> hello kushal!
16:26:16 <tgeek> That works for me. And sorry for being late also.
16:26:45 <ggus> the community pad is here: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-community-team-2020-keep
16:26:52 <tgeek> I am hoping to do a dump of questions from stackexchange and put the best/most frequest questions there.
16:27:13 <ggus> great!
16:29:25 <emmapeel> tgeek: if you are planning on writing a lot of content, maybe it is better to build the website in local. all websites work the same, here intructions for the main website: https://dip.torproject.org/torproject/web/tpo/-/wikis/Compiling-a-local-version-of-the-website
16:30:14 <ggus> i like this one for outreachy - https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/28516
16:30:21 <tgeek> Thanks. I will review that and stay in contact here or via the mailing list if run into problems
16:31:02 <ggus> tgeek: i recommend joining us in #tor-www
16:31:26 <tgeek> ok, will do
16:35:57 <ggus> https://dip.torproject.org/torproject/web/support/issues/88  - We should migrate metrics Q&A to support.tpo/metrics.
16:36:00 <ggus> Source: https://gitweb.torproject.org/metrics-web.git/tree/src/main/resources/doc/users-q-and-a.txt
16:36:03 <ggus> what do you think?
16:38:23 <emmapeel> +1
16:38:36 <pili> sure, as long as the metrics team are onboard with this ;)
16:39:06 <ggus> i will open the ticket in trac and ask them to comment
16:40:13 <ggus> boom, done
16:41:08 <ggus> and we have all these tickets in dip: https://dip.torproject.org/torproject/web/support/issues?label_name%5B%5D=DocsHackathon
16:41:47 <ggus> should we open in trac?
16:43:30 <emmapeel> i think it isbetter if we just use them and close them there, or wherever they are saved after the close down. i mean, we already copied them from trac maybe
16:43:56 <emmapeel> i think copying tickets from one bugtracker to another is not really needed, we can have two links
16:43:59 <emmapeel> two lists of tickets
16:44:03 <ggus> ok
16:44:50 <emmapeel> maybe we can ask in tor-project for people to make sure their documentation issues are on the list? maybe other tor people comes up with new documentation needs
16:45:03 <emmapeel> i.e. more tickets
16:45:03 <ggus> yeah, great idea!
16:45:21 <ggus> please add more tickets, we need it!
16:45:22 <emmapeel> i can do that
16:45:28 <pili> I have some for S27 but I'm not sure if they're good for the docs hackathon
16:45:32 <pili> as they are not yet in stable
16:45:35 <kushal> We can add a few of those for the hackathon this week
16:45:51 <ggus> kushal: when is happening?
16:47:28 <kushal> 6-7th
16:47:35 <kushal> We need issues for the hackathon
16:47:48 <kushal> also if possible some on programming things too
16:48:43 <ggus> pili: ^
16:48:51 <ggus> do you know tasks in tba or tbb?
16:49:06 <pili> there are a few easy-ish ones
16:49:19 <pili> I think the main issue with these is how long it take to build tor browser to verify the fixes
16:49:32 <pili> unless we want to encourage PRs that are not "tested" :/
16:50:44 <kushal> pili, they have to get the steps + how to documents :)
16:51:02 <ggus> kushal: do you know how many people will be at the hackathon?
16:51:11 <kushal> between 10-20
16:51:32 <pili> they are here: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TorBrowser/Hacking
16:51:38 <kushal> Micah Lee and I will be there.
16:51:41 <kushal> pili, Thank you :)
16:51:52 <kushal> pili, we will need a few easy tasks/issues :)
16:52:28 <pili> kushal: that will take a bit longer :)
16:52:35 <pili> I will see what I can get you this week
16:52:56 <kushal> Thank you.
16:53:08 <kushal> 5th night will also do :)
16:53:39 <pili> cool :)
16:54:44 <ggus> kushal: https://dip.torproject.org/torproject/community/meta/issues/2
16:54:58 <ggus> this a whole new project
16:55:30 <ggus> i don't know how much coffee would need to have to build it in a hackathon hehe
16:56:13 <tgeek> One thing that I would like to see is a general best practices guide.
16:56:32 <ggus> for using tor browser?
16:57:21 <ggus> tgeek: if it's for docshackaton, open a ticket in trac
16:57:22 <tgeek> That and also building onion services, relays, etc
16:57:48 <ggus> for relays we have a section in community portal about good practices
16:58:13 <ggus> ok, i will stop the bot
16:58:18 <ggus> thanks everyone!
16:58:21 <ggus> #endmeeting