19:01:37 <pili> #startmeeting 03/04 tor-browser-release-meeting
19:01:37 <MeetBot> Meeting started Wed Mar  4 19:01:37 2020 UTC.  The chair is pili. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
19:01:37 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
19:01:43 <pili> hi everyone
19:01:51 <tomcat> hello.
19:02:16 <pili> here's the pad as usual: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-browser-release-meeting-keep
19:03:05 <pili> please add any discussion items or requests to the pad
19:04:02 <sysrqb> just so everyone is on the same page, we're building 9.5a7 now because #33514
19:04:17 <sysrqb> that includes pospeselr's patch for #32645
19:04:36 <pospeselr> o/
19:04:43 <sysrqb> hopefully 9.5a7 will be released in the next day or two
19:05:06 <sysrqb> then we'll start building 9.0.6 and 9.5a8 which are based on Firefox 68.7.0esr
19:05:25 <sysrqb> which will be released next week
19:05:48 <pili> I'll leave it out of the pad for now then ;)
19:05:59 <sysrqb> (and then pwn2own is the following week...)
19:06:09 <pili> no rest for the wicked... :)
19:06:14 <sysrqb> i wanted more releases...but not like this
19:06:30 <antonela> :(
19:06:37 <pili> no :)
19:06:39 <antonela> but :) on having pospeselr's
19:07:06 <pili> yes, that's a nice addition, I"m happy
19:07:11 <pili> ok then, let's start with the discussion
19:07:33 <pili> antonela: is faster than me on the pad :P
19:07:38 <sysrqb> heh
19:07:39 <antonela> i listed the features i have top of my head, but i dont know if im missing anything
19:07:42 <pili> I was just going to update the url bar indicators
19:07:44 <antonela> jiji
19:08:11 <sysrqb> should i start with the listed items?
19:08:29 <antonela> for alt-svc, did we did anything in terms of browser besides the UI icons or...
19:08:38 <sysrqb> no
19:08:41 <antonela> cool
19:08:45 <sysrqb> we haven't changed anything yet
19:08:50 <antonela> yes yes
19:09:09 <pili> sysrqb: sure, go ahead, I was just checking #21952
19:09:26 <pili> as that was listed as a possibility for the 03/10 release
19:09:44 <pili> trying to figure out if it still needs review or revisions
19:09:55 <antonela> that ticket is still open
19:09:56 <antonela> yes
19:09:58 <pili> in any case I don't think will be ready
19:10:10 <antonela> we can check with acat on what is remaining
19:10:11 <sysrqb> it's more on the "needs revision" side
19:10:14 <antonela> yep
19:10:17 <sysrqb> there is code we should review
19:10:37 <sysrqb> but acat is trying to implement the "meta tag" feature
19:10:43 <antonela> which is very cool!
19:10:47 <antonela> i learnt about it last week
19:10:49 <sysrqb> after he finishes with the rebasing work
19:10:54 <antonela> i even knew that was possible
19:10:55 <sysrqb> (hopefully this week)
19:11:01 <sysrqb> so i don't see this getting into 9.5a8
19:11:07 <pili> nope, me neither :)
19:11:12 <pili> I'll move it then
19:11:33 <antonela> that is quite out of scope but hey is awesome if we reach it with this deliverable
19:11:42 <sysrqb> yeah
19:12:01 <sysrqb> we will see how close we are in "2 days" :)
19:12:20 <sysrqb> (whenever acat starts working on it)
19:13:10 <sysrqb> okay, i think the next item is #33035 ?
19:13:58 <sysrqb> and #19251
19:13:58 <antonela> yep, we need some rebase on that so we reach l10n
19:14:04 <antonela> i think mcs and brade are done there
19:14:47 <antonela> oh there is a sysrqb comment there
19:14:57 <sysrqb> the patch for #19251 may not be ready for 9.5a8, too
19:15:10 <sysrqb> :) yeah
19:15:17 <pili> ok, I'll move that one also
19:15:25 <sysrqb> but i think this feature will miss the next release, too
19:15:31 <sysrqb> thanks
19:15:39 <pili> so not even 9.5a9?
19:15:47 <sysrqb> hrmmmmm
19:15:53 <sysrqb> it could
19:16:08 <pili> I'll put it in for 9.5a9
19:16:13 <pili> we can always move it
19:16:17 <sysrqb> yeah
19:16:17 <antonela> yep
19:16:35 <sysrqb> that'll (probably) be the pwn2own release)
19:16:54 <antonela> and names before that
19:16:59 <antonela> i think all this makes sense
19:17:26 <pili> ah yes, I meant the 03/11 release
19:17:29 <pili> 03/21
19:17:52 <pili> wasn't sure if we'd release an alpha for pwn2own, but it makes sense that we would
19:18:26 <sysrqb> yeah, if there's a vulnerability then we should release updates for both stable and alpha
19:18:48 <sysrqb> and if these features are merged before then, then they'll just get included in the release
19:19:43 <pili> sounds good
19:20:38 <sysrqb> for #28005, i need to review acat's patches
19:21:05 <pili> ok
19:21:08 <pili> I'm pushing that one out to 9.5a10 or 11
19:21:12 <pili> but let's see
19:21:18 <sysrqb> it *could* be included in 9.5a8, but I can't guarantee it right now
19:21:25 <antonela> (:
19:21:25 <sysrqb> okay, that sounds good, too
19:21:34 <pili> oooh :D
19:21:42 <pili> ok, I think we're done on that
19:22:19 <sysrqb> it really depends on when mcs/brade and I have time for reviewing, and acat works on revisions
19:22:40 <sysrqb> so, 9.5a9 is probably the earliest (really)
19:23:06 <sysrqb> okay
19:23:20 <sysrqb> do you want to talk about the (possible) chemspill release?
19:23:31 <pili> yeah, sure
19:23:52 <pili> I'm not sure we need to talk much about it, it's just that GeKo mentioned it today and I didn't know about it :)
19:23:59 <sysrqb> yep
19:24:02 <pili> I should probably subscribe to this so I'm aware for next year
19:24:36 <sysrqb> i assume it will be a wait-and-see situation
19:25:07 <sysrqb> i'll watch Mzilla's channels for any indication of a new release coming
19:25:12 <sysrqb> *Mozilla's
19:25:35 <sysrqb> and we'll start whwnever that's ready
19:26:13 <pili> ok
19:26:26 <sysrqb> i haven't been involved in a pwn2own chemspill release yet
19:26:36 <sysrqb> so we'll see how it goes
19:26:37 <pili> is there anything else happening around that time that would affect our ability to get these releases out in a timely manner
19:27:05 <pili> I guess there are no large conferences or events happening that we would be at
19:27:15 <pili> but is there anything else you can think of? I'm not aware of anyone afk during those dates so far :)
19:27:26 <sysrqb> covid19 shouldn't affect this
19:27:32 * pili goes to check the afk calendar just in case :D
19:27:33 <sysrqb> so i can't think of anytihng right now
19:27:38 <pili> hehe
19:27:53 <pili> if anything less people participating, less likelihood of a chemspill release :P
19:28:05 <pili> although I read people can participate remotely this year
19:28:11 <sysrqb> ha. yeah, idk
19:28:40 <antonela> folks i should go afk
19:28:45 <antonela> just a comment about TBA, i've totally abandoned TBA but i hope back to it this month or next, since sisbell is working with the fenix migration and so on (if im not wrong)
19:28:51 <antonela> maybe planning together for it after june will be useful
19:28:52 <sysrqb> o/ thanks antonela
19:28:58 <antonela> for your agenda pili
19:29:07 <pili> antonela: we will need some ui help from you with fenix :)
19:29:14 <pili> at some point... :S
19:29:21 <sysrqb> antonela: yep. maybe we should have a meeting about this later in the month
19:29:24 <pili> but no new work other than that
19:29:25 <antonela> yep exactly, so i took notes and i didnt want to forget to mention it to you both
19:29:29 <antonela> super
19:29:30 <pili> thank you :)
19:29:31 <antonela> thanks folks!
19:29:50 <pili> hi tomcat did you have any discussion points or requests for this meeting? :)
19:29:57 <pili> I think we have finished all of the other discussion
19:30:29 <pili> anyone else is also welcome to bring any points to the meeting
19:30:52 * sysrqb is groot
19:31:37 <pili> I'll give a few more minutes and if there is nothing I think we can end this early
19:32:10 <sysrqb> :) sounds good to me
19:33:09 <pili> ok, let's leave it there then
19:33:11 <pili> thanks everyone
19:33:20 <pili> #endmeeting