18:00:20 <pili> #startmeeting tor-browser-release 04/01
18:00:20 <MeetBot> Meeting started Wed Apr  1 18:00:20 2020 UTC.  The chair is pili. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
18:00:20 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
18:00:28 <pili> no April Fools today please... :)
18:00:36 <pili> who's around for the meeting today?
18:01:18 <pili> well, I'll share the pad in the meantime: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-browser-release-meeting-keep
18:02:11 <pili> if there is anyone around, please add any discussion items or requests there
18:02:17 * antonela waves
18:02:41 <pili> hey antonela
18:02:45 <pili> let me ping sysrqb :)
18:04:54 <pili> I mainly wanted to use this meeting today to figure out (confirm?) my understanding of what will be included in the next few releases
18:05:13 <pili> I'm too much in S27 land these days though so I need some help seeing what else I'm missing
18:05:35 <sysrqb> o/
18:05:38 <sysrqb> (sorry)
18:06:13 <pili> hey sysrqb :)
18:06:21 <pili> feel free to add any items to the pad
18:06:41 <pili> we'll start discussion at 18:10UTC :D
18:07:28 <sysrqb> i'm looking at releasing #28005 in 9.5a10
18:08:13 <pili> ooh, I didn't want to push for too much in 9.5a10 so that's great if so
18:08:15 <pili> ok, maybe we can actually start discussion then
18:09:06 <pili> antonela, sysrqb: do the other tickets under 9.5a10 look good to you?
18:09:20 <pili> what am I missing for 9.0.8 ?
18:10:12 * pili goes to check tickets in needs_review and/or recently closed ;)
18:10:22 <sysrqb> i don't have any plans for backporting anytihng to stable right now
18:10:36 <sysrqb> so 9.0.8 should only be rebasing onto 68.7
18:11:12 <pili> ok, that works
18:12:18 <pili> anything non-S27 for the alpha?
18:12:38 <pili> I'm still checking myself...
18:13:32 <GeKo> it's worth picking up openssl 1.1.1f
18:14:32 <sysrqb> hrm. where is y ticket for that
18:14:51 <GeKo> none yet
18:14:58 <GeKo> but you could reuse #33723 :)
18:15:10 <sysrqb> no, i did open one :)
18:15:20 <GeKo> yeah, it's yours
18:15:23 <sysrqb> oh
18:15:26 <sysrqb> oh
18:15:38 <sysrqb> 1.1.1f released yesterday
18:15:40 <sysrqb> i see
18:15:41 <GeKo> yes
18:16:29 <sysrqb> okay, yes, #33723
18:17:06 <GeKo> did we hear back from nathan? the tor situation on android sucks
18:17:23 <sysrqb> we did not
18:17:27 <sysrqb> and yes, it does
18:17:32 <GeKo> i wonder how close we are for getting the fixes sisbell worked on merged?
18:17:37 <GeKo> (i have not looked lately)
18:18:00 <sysrqb> i was planning on spending time tonight and tomorrow looking at that
18:18:09 <GeKo> okay, great
18:18:13 <sysrqb> and hoping we can squeeze it in before i tag the alpha release
18:18:23 <sysrqb> but, i don't know if this is realistic
18:19:19 <pili> sysrqb: what ticket is that? :)
18:19:27 <sysrqb> so, pili, i guess we can say ...yeah
18:19:30 <pili> so i can track it on the pad for this one or next release
18:19:59 <sysrqb> #28704
18:21:04 <sysrqb> which includes: #28765, #28766, and #33685
18:22:12 <pili> great, thank you
18:22:13 <pili> fingers crossed :)
18:22:53 <sysrqb> (currently, we rely on guardian project for supplying tor in Tor Browser on Android, and it's not such a good situation)
18:23:09 <pili> right
18:23:35 <pili> ok, is there anything else there? :)
18:24:04 <sysrqb> oh, yes
18:24:10 <sysrqb> but minor, i think
18:24:11 <pili> I don't see any other requests or discussion points for this meeting in the pad
18:24:12 <pili> happy to open the floor to last minute items
18:24:16 <sysrqb> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/33693
18:24:29 <sysrqb> cohosh pinged me about that earlier
18:24:42 <sysrqb> that would go into the alpha
18:25:18 <sysrqb> i assume that means simply picking up the newer snowflake version
18:26:11 <pili> ok
18:26:37 <pili> anything else? :)
18:28:05 <sysrqb> #33771
18:28:10 <sysrqb> err
18:28:11 <sysrqb> not that one
18:28:16 <pili> hehe
18:28:18 <sysrqb> #33771
18:28:21 <sysrqb> no.
18:28:26 <sysrqb> #33707
18:28:32 <pili> ah yes
18:28:39 <sysrqb> in case you don't have it
18:29:14 <pili> I didn't :)
18:29:18 <pili> thanks
18:29:28 <sysrqb> and #33482
18:29:33 <sysrqb> :)
18:30:12 <pili> is that for Alpha or stable or both?
18:30:19 <sysrqb> only Alpha
18:30:41 <pili> ok
18:30:42 <sysrqb> okay, i think that is everything, mayube.
18:30:46 <sysrqb> *maybe
18:31:07 <pili> I can live with that :)
18:31:17 <pili> ok, any last last items? ;)
18:32:11 <pili> ok
18:32:12 <pili> I will end things here I think
18:32:13 <pili> thanks everyone
18:32:16 <pili> #endmeeting