14:59:12 <karsten> #startmeeting metrics team meeting
14:59:12 <MeetBot> Meeting started Thu Jul  9 14:59:12 2020 UTC.  The chair is karsten. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:59:12 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
14:59:15 <karsten> hi gaba and dennis_jackson!
14:59:20 <acute> hi!
14:59:23 <karsten> hi acute!
14:59:29 <karsten> https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-metricsteam-2020.1-keep <- agenda pad
15:00:27 <phw> o/
15:00:40 <karsten> hi phw!
15:01:57 <gaba> mikeperry are you around?
15:03:40 <karsten> we can move the first topic to the end.
15:03:56 <gaba> yes
15:04:11 <karsten> okay, let's start.
15:04:14 <karsten> TGen 1.0.0 update and analysis format 3.0 documentation (karsten)
15:04:32 <karsten> the 1.0.0 update is moving forward. yay!
15:04:55 <karsten> acute: while reviewing the code you put on the issue, I wondered if we should document the format while making these changes.
15:05:17 <karsten> I started looking into json schema again and produced a schema file for this new format.
15:05:19 <acute> the format of the new dictionary?
15:05:28 <karsten> well, a base schema. it needs more work.
15:05:34 <acute> nice!
15:05:58 <karsten> do you want to work on this together with me to document all things in the new format? I can guess quite a few, but not all.
15:06:19 <acute> yes, sounds good!
15:06:45 <karsten> I even got a validation tool running that checks whether a given onionperf analysis file conforms to the schema.
15:06:54 <dennis_jackson> nice!
15:07:13 <acute> cool!
15:07:27 <karsten> I'll update https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/metrics/onionperf/-/issues/40003 with what I got later today.
15:07:51 <karsten> it's quite some work, so maybe we'll start with version 3.0 and leave 1.0 and 2.0 where they are.
15:08:22 <karsten> okay, cool!
15:08:41 <karsten> thanks again for all your work on the 1.0.0 stuff, acute! much appreciated!
15:09:08 <karsten> just added another topic:
15:09:09 <karsten> Demo day (karsten)
15:09:27 <karsten> I signed up for doing a demo of onionperf on the last wednesday of july.
15:10:00 <karsten> it's going to be 5 minutes long with an intro, maybe quick hands-on, plus questions at the end of all demos.
15:10:28 <karsten> I'll share more details as soon as I have them.
15:11:18 <karsten> okay, moving on:
15:11:19 <karsten> OnionPerf board: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/metrics/onionperf/-/boards
15:11:43 <karsten> I just realized that leaving a ticket in Needs Review and assigned to myself is not what I wanted.
15:11:54 <karsten> so, #33399 still needs a reviewer.
15:12:13 <karsten> other than that, we have three issues in Doing.
15:12:18 <karsten> any blockers there?
15:13:16 <karsten> phw: should we move #28271 to Doing?
15:13:20 <acute> happy to review #33399 unless anyone else wants to - I'm about to push #33974 to 'needs review'
15:13:44 <karsten> acute: please take it, if you want it. I can take #33974.
15:14:14 <karsten> acute: how are the upstream tgentools issues going?
15:15:10 <phw> karsten: yes, i'll move it to Doing
15:15:16 <karsten> great!
15:15:32 <acute> I've updated the ticket with regards to the tgentools issues
15:15:36 <karsten> ah, nice.
15:15:54 <karsten> phw: or let me just move it, it's one drag-and-drop away.
15:16:25 <karsten> acute: assigned review of #33399 to you. thanks!
15:16:26 <acute> Rob has been very helpful in merging changes and clarifying things!
15:16:44 <karsten> awesome! (didn't expect anything else, but still awesome!)
15:17:21 <karsten> any other changes to the board?
15:17:32 <acute> it would be good to have your input with regards to the payload sent by tgen - then this would be ready to review
15:18:00 <karsten> ah. I think it's fine to send the minimum amount that we have to send.
15:18:24 <karsten> we're measuring how long it takes to get the response, and we're ignoring the request part anyway.
15:18:41 <karsten> IMHO.
15:18:48 <karsten> should I comment on the ticket?
15:19:10 <acute> great - that's what I thought
15:19:15 <karsten> cool!
15:19:56 <karsten> okay. nothing more on the board topic?
15:20:16 <acute> not from me
15:21:00 <karsten> mikeperry: around?
15:21:34 <karsten> otherwise we'll move that last topic to email.
15:22:14 <karsten> anything else for today?
15:23:16 <gaba> not from me
15:23:25 <acute> same
15:23:44 <karsten> okay, great! talk to you all next week then! thanks, and bye! o/
15:24:05 <karsten> #endmeeting