17:59:37 <sysrqb> #startmeeting Tor Browser Release Meeting 4 August 2020
17:59:37 <MeetBot> Meeting started Tue Aug  4 17:59:37 2020 UTC.  The chair is sysrqb. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:59:37 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
18:00:58 <sysrqb> anyone here? antonela acat GeKo
18:01:39 <GeKo> somewhat
18:01:48 <sysrqb> hello!
18:02:17 <sysrqb> we don't have much for discussion today
18:03:16 <sysrqb> but antonela asked if we can create a list of issues we plan on fixing and/or including in the next alpha release (before the alpha release)
18:05:03 <GeKo> toolchain issues and anything that comes from the proxy/feature audit
18:05:18 <GeKo> i don't think we'll get to anything else
18:05:30 <GeKo> maybe even not the feature audit stuff
18:05:36 <GeKo> apart from flipping some prefs
18:05:45 <GeKo> given the importance of mobile work
18:05:55 * antonela is here!
18:06:18 <sysrqb> we have a comment on the pad:
18:06:21 <sysrqb> "(as cypherpunks, banned, but not dead, we warn tbb-team that ESR68.11 is the last Fennec release.)"
18:06:26 <sysrqb> https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-browser-release-meeting-keep
18:06:37 <tjr> that sounds correct
18:07:41 <sysrqb> (added on July 28)
18:07:44 <acat> hi
18:07:48 <sysrqb> o/
18:08:36 <sysrqb> at this point, our only option is continuing to release fennec-based updates based on 68.12.0esr
18:09:16 <sysrqb> i think that is better than not the stable android tor browser until the end of september
18:09:19 <GeKo> like we did in the old days
18:09:29 <sysrqb> even if it's not officially maintained for a month
18:09:39 <sysrqb> yeah
18:11:34 <sysrqb> okay
18:12:02 <sysrqb> we're planning a desktop alpha release within the next two weeks
18:12:33 <sysrqb> and then we have 68.12esr on 25 Aug
18:13:00 <sysrqb> i expect we'll have another alpha release mid-september
18:13:19 <sysrqb> so we can get as many bugs fixed before TB 10 becomes stable on 22 September
18:14:37 <sysrqb> anyone have any topics they want to discuss?
18:15:31 <sysrqb> if not, then ihave a lot of work to do :)
18:15:54 <acat> not from my side
18:16:01 <sysrqb> antonela: alsmith ?
18:16:04 <antonela> im groot, september 22 is stable 10.0 -- we should have the EOY planned for that date
18:16:30 <antonela> and also a first phase of the iteration we want in boostrapping / tor launcher
18:17:16 <sysrqb> for EOY, we'll need those changes by 8 Setpember
18:17:20 <sysrqb> that's not a hard deadline
18:17:29 <sysrqb> but we need time for implementatoin and localization
18:17:35 <antonela> right
18:17:40 <antonela> not sure when tbb devs capacity have been planned as part of s30
18:17:50 <sysrqb> and that only gives us 1 week before we begin building
18:18:17 <antonela> is not enough for l10n, but lets see
18:18:20 <sysrqb> i'm not very optimistic we'll have time for working on tor-launcher before 10.0 stable
18:18:36 <antonela> okey, is good to know
18:18:56 <sysrqb> but that will definitely begin soon after 22 September
18:19:07 <antonela> got it
18:19:08 <sysrqb> because s58 wil be mostly complete by then (ha!) :/
18:19:14 <antonela> i hope!
18:19:19 <sysrqb> me too.
18:19:19 <antonela> (:
18:19:56 * antonela is groot
18:20:29 <sysrqb> okay, thanks everyone!
18:20:37 <sysrqb> #endmeeting