15:59:24 <phw> #startmeeting anti-censorship team meeting
15:59:24 <MeetBot> Meeting started Thu Aug  6 15:59:24 2020 UTC.  The chair is phw. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:59:24 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:59:30 <cohosh> hi
15:59:34 <phw> hi, all. here's our meeting pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-anti-censorship-keep
16:00:39 <phw> oh, we now have a pad to collect bugs
16:00:49 <phw> https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-anti-censorship-bugs-keep
16:00:53 <phw> thanks to dcf1, i assume
16:01:03 <dcf1> yes, this is part of tpo/anti-censorship/pluggable-transports/snowflake-webext#14
16:01:23 <dcf1> I figure we can check the bug pad during each weekly meeting
16:02:08 <phw> that's a good idea
16:02:09 <cohosh> nice, thanks!
16:02:45 <ferdario> hello all. is it possible to connect to a vpn and then to a snowflake proxy? its possible to connect to a vpn and then to an obfs4 bridge or meek-azure.
16:02:45 <phw> looks like it's only going to be the three of us today. and we have an empty agenda
16:04:15 <cohosh> ferdario: weclome :) this question is better for #tor
16:04:27 <cohosh> this is the weekly anti-censorship development meeting
16:04:41 <ferdario> sure
16:05:07 <ferdario> are questions about censorship related issues OK?
16:05:37 <dcf1> yes, but not during a meeting
16:05:52 <ferdario> OK
16:06:00 <phw> hmm, i'm struggling with opening these short urls from gitlab
16:06:04 <phw> tpo/anti-censorship/pluggable-transports/snowflake-webext!3
16:06:13 <dcf1> phw: the best way I've found is to paste it into the search box.
16:06:14 <phw> and no irc bot to come to my rescue
16:06:20 <phw> thanks dcf1
16:06:24 <cohosh> the irc bot only works for issues
16:07:12 <dcf1> I'm kind of amazed that it still doesn't know exactly what you want after searching, you then have to click on the "Issues" or "Merge requests" tab or whatever, and select the single result.
16:07:52 <phw> i just had the same thought
16:09:21 <dcf1> I guess it's better to just use full links, they are barely longer than the short references anyway.
16:10:19 <phw> ok, let's take a look at reviews
16:10:35 <phw> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/anti-censorship/pluggable-transports/snowflake-webext/-/merge_requests/3 for dcf1
16:10:51 <phw> and snowflake-webext!1 for cohosh
16:10:53 <cohosh> dcf1: i can take that one
16:10:58 <dcf1> i'll do the other
16:11:27 <phw> is there anything else you'd like to talk about today?
16:12:37 <cohosh> we should pick a reading
16:12:43 <cohosh> for maybe two weeks from now?
16:12:53 <cohosh> and perhaps from the foci papers
16:13:25 <phw> yes, i was about to say: they should be public in a few days
16:13:51 <phw> how about we read turbo tunnel? i hear that we may get one of the authors to join us
16:14:24 <cohosh> the one on iran's protocol whitelister also looks interesting, and HTTPT, and MIMIQ
16:14:43 <cohosh> but yes i'm also down to talk about turbotunnel if dcf1 is up for it
16:14:50 <dcf1> MIMIQ I've read, it is not really anti-censorship, more like anti-surveillance
16:15:12 <phw> i'd like to read the others too. we can make the next few reading groups about foci papers
16:15:15 <dcf1> but yeah, okay with me
16:15:40 <dcf1> https://www.bamsoftware.com/papers/turbotunnel/
16:15:51 <dcf1> There's a 10-minute video online now as well
16:16:10 <cohosh> nice!
16:17:43 <cohosh> that's all from me today, i think
16:18:42 <phw> the resolution isn't quite high enough to recognise all the book in the background, dcf1
16:19:25 <phw> nothing from my side either, so let's wrap it up
16:19:27 <phw> #endmeeting