17:06:36 <sysrqb> #startmeeting Tor Browser UX Sync 1 September 2020
17:06:36 <MeetBot> Meeting started Tue Sep  1 17:06:36 2020 UTC.  The chair is sysrqb. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:06:36 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
17:07:02 <antonela> thanks for changing our meeting time!
17:07:05 <sysrqb> huh. i am confused why it is september.
17:07:09 <antonela> haha
17:07:16 <antonela> i've been clicking the apk
17:07:20 * antonela 2 secs the door
17:07:24 <sysrqb> k
17:07:25 <sysrqb> nice
17:08:50 <antonela> back
17:09:14 <antonela> something we briefly talked yesterday was if non private tabs will be allowed or not
17:10:04 <antonela> i think we should hide it completely, mainly because it adds a lot of complexity in the patterns it enables
17:10:13 <antonela> (when people enable it)
17:10:25 <antonela> makes sense? i know you have been discussing it with acat and GeKo
17:10:58 <sysrqb> yes
17:11:07 <sysrqb> let's hide it in 10.0
17:11:32 <antonela> great
17:12:37 <antonela> that also means hidding "Private Browsing" from settings?
17:13:05 <sysrqb> yes
17:13:16 <sysrqb> we should allow "enabling screenshots"
17:13:26 <sysrqb> but we can move that into Advanced, sa you suggest
17:13:29 <sysrqb> *as
17:14:02 <antonela> probably under some "advanced" inside Privacy and Security?
17:14:20 <antonela> or inside Advanced, some Screenshots item
17:14:45 <antonela> Allow Screenshots «Toggle
17:15:05 <antonela> (i can comment it in the ticket)
17:15:09 <sysrqb> yeah
17:15:17 <antonela> one more thing for this build
17:15:34 <antonela> the first thing i did was typing at the url bar
17:15:59 <antonela> right after that, i got prompted: "Allow search suggestions in private sessions?" If it is possible, then we should rephrase that question. It is confusing as a first prompt on making a search query. Maybe, `Allow search suggestions?`
17:16:36 <sysrqb> hrm. i'll look at that
17:16:39 <sysrqb> i don't remember
17:16:41 <antonela> or disable it by default
17:16:48 <sysrqb> we can rephrase it
17:16:50 <antonela> so we dont add extra patches
17:17:03 <sysrqb> i think it only looks at history and bookmarks
17:17:08 <sysrqb> maybe only bookmarks
17:17:16 <antonela> Show search suggestions is an item in Settings, Search
17:17:39 <antonela> i see
17:17:49 <sysrqb> ah, yes
17:18:11 <sysrqb> i'm not sure what that does
17:18:32 <sysrqb> i'll investigate and confirm
17:18:38 <antonela> oki, sounds good
17:18:53 <antonela> i have some other comments, but i'll wait for the next build to comment in other things (sync prompts should be hidden, onboarding screen work, tba icons, etc)
17:19:04 <sysrqb> si
17:19:07 <antonela> i'll go through my tickets this week to see what is missing and wrap up my parts
17:19:14 <antonela> that is my plan for this week :)
17:19:42 <antonela> anything else? am i missing anything?
17:20:00 <sysrqb> some of those I am adding/changing in another merge request (onboarding screen, about:tor, etc)
17:20:09 <antonela> yep
17:20:11 <sysrqb> i should change the app icon in this patch, though
17:20:30 <antonela> that is why i removed my comment in the ticket because was out of scope on that MR
17:20:42 <antonela> and i was sounding bad haha
17:20:45 <sysrqb> :) no problem
17:20:47 <sysrqb> heheh
17:20:52 <sysrqb> all good.
17:21:34 <antonela> :)
17:21:38 <antonela> im groot then
17:21:47 <sysrqb> oh, and you will post the assets somewhere for bootstrapping screen and onboarding? on the ticket or dropbox?
17:21:56 <antonela> yes, in the proper ticket
17:22:03 <sysrqb> excellent, thanks
17:22:15 <antonela> no dropbox, im starting to load everything in gitlab
17:22:36 <sysrqb> great
17:22:53 <sysrqb> i don't have anythingelse now
17:23:00 <antonela> is good
17:23:03 <antonela> thanks matt!
17:23:07 <sysrqb> thank you!
17:23:11 <sysrqb> #endmeeting