15:59:14 <phw> #startmeeting anti-censorship team meeting
15:59:14 <MeetBot> Meeting started Thu Sep  3 15:59:14 2020 UTC.  The chair is phw. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:59:14 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:59:21 <phw> here's the meeting pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-anti-censorship-keep
15:59:32 <agix> hi
15:59:39 <hanneloresx> hey
15:59:45 <phw> hi folks o/
16:00:57 <phw> it's a pretty empty agenda today
16:01:10 <dcf1> public bug report pad is empty
16:01:20 <phw> right, i was about to say
16:01:34 <dcf1> phw: is there a link or reference for the removal of the frosty bridge? I only have a tor-team thread which is not public
16:02:12 <dcf1> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/anti-censorship/team/-/wikis/Default-Bridges/diff?version_id=090ad016464008505f47a3cb77c8691575c20099 I guess
16:03:13 <phw> there are also commits in tor-android-service, tor-browser-build, and emma. give me one second
16:03:29 <dcf1> I just want some ref for the metrics timeline
16:03:47 <dcf1> It's okay, I can dig up the tor-browser-build commit
16:04:03 <phw> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/tor-browser-build/-/issues/40066
16:04:12 <dcf1> thanks
16:04:31 <phw> dcf1: is there any way to improve this workflow so it works better for the metrics timeline?
16:05:24 <dcf1> no, I think it's okay
16:05:58 <phw> one quick announcement, which i always forget: please add your august highlights to our monthly report pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/uO519p_UMtZiRFQrAXUz
16:07:36 <agix> will do so
16:07:46 <phw> thanks!
16:08:13 <phw> looks like our 'needs help with' sections are empty/outdated, so we should be good
16:09:18 <phw> agix: are you comfortable in go? the programming language?
16:10:00 <phw> i'm asking because you are still working on some bridgedb issues and it may be more fun to work on the reimplementation instead
16:10:20 <agix> not yet, but I started digging into it, since I noticed it would be helpful for the future project development
16:10:40 <agix> any advice on how best to start with Go?
16:11:52 <phw> there's https://tour.golang.org which i really liked
16:12:08 <phw> other than that, i would just get my hands dirty and start writing code
16:12:43 <hanneloresx> i started the tour of go last week, too :)
16:12:55 <phw> oh, neat :)
16:13:05 <agix> phw: thanks! I will definitely work on getting more familiar with go
16:13:13 <agix> hanneloresx: nice :D
16:14:21 <phw> i'll try to file a bunch of "beginner" tickets for the bridgedb rewrite
16:15:27 <agix> that would be helpful
16:16:13 <phw> on an unrelated note: shall we read sergey's httpt paper for the next reading group?
16:16:17 <phw> https://censorbib.nymity.ch/pdf/Frolov2020b.pdf
16:16:34 <phw> sergey showed interest in working with us to turn it into our next pluggable transport
16:16:45 <hanneloresx> nice
16:17:39 <agix> +1
16:18:08 <phw> it's a promising design and it might be a great opportunity to extend our bridgedb rewrite as we incorporate httpt
16:19:19 <agix> will sergey join our reading group next week?
16:19:42 <phw> i'll send him an email
16:20:07 <phw> i was thinking of having the reading group in two weeks but it's a short paper, so we might as well have it next thursday
16:20:27 <agix> both is fine for me
16:21:04 <phw> any preferences, hanneloresx and dcf1?
16:21:32 <hanneloresx> both would be fine for me
16:21:44 <dcf1> next week is fine
16:22:05 <phw> ok, then let's do next thursday. i'll reach out to sergey
16:23:15 <phw> ok friends, we're out of agenda items. anything else for today?
16:25:03 <agix> got nothing to add
16:25:38 * phw waits another two minutes before ending the meeting
16:27:55 <phw> #endmeeting