16:59:00 <ahf> #startmeeting network team meeting september 14
16:59:00 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Sep 14 16:59:00 2020 UTC.  The chair is ahf. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:59:00 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
16:59:02 <nickm> woo
16:59:04 <nickm> hi!
16:59:08 <asn> o/
16:59:09 <ahf> our pad is at https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-netteam-2020.1-keep
16:59:13 <ahf> who do we have today? :-D
16:59:15 <ahf> o/
16:59:24 <nickm> I think dgoulet is afk
16:59:27 <nickm> gaba: you here?
16:59:45 * asn writing report
17:00:30 <ahf> should we with our board at https://gitlab.torproject.org/groups/tpo/core/-/boards ?
17:00:42 <nickm> ok!
17:01:02 <nickm> the only thing I know for sure is on my plate is tpo/core/team#11
17:01:04 <gaba> hi!
17:01:04 * ahf moves tor#40114 into icebox since it is sort of fixed, but it also not closed with a nice fix
17:01:05 <gaba> yes
17:02:36 <ahf> nickm: cool!
17:02:40 <ahf> and yoyo gaba o/
17:02:50 <ahf> asn: you good with our board?
17:03:10 <asn> yep!
17:03:27 <ahf> asn: are we good with reviewer assignments?
17:03:40 <asn> yep
17:03:44 <ahf> looks good ya
17:03:44 <asn> everything is assigned
17:03:45 <ahf> awesome
17:04:06 <ahf> ok
17:04:15 <ahf> we have 0.4.4 release status. tickets with zero owners: https://gitlab.torproject.org/dashboard/issues?scope=all&utf8=%E2%9C%93&state=opened&milestone_title=Tor%3A%200.4.4.x-final&assignee_id=None
17:04:39 * asn looks
17:04:45 <asn> that's backport
17:04:52 <asn> the protover one
17:05:34 <ahf> ye
17:05:34 <ahf> ok
17:05:36 <ahf> we good
17:05:39 <nickm> I don't think any of the remaining 044-must tickets looks like a release blocker right now
17:05:42 <ahf> that link doesn't work unless we are logged in
17:05:57 <asn> agreed
17:05:58 <ahf> nickm: i think you are right. we looked last week and went through your wiki list and i think that was one of the items there
17:06:21 <ahf> we still want to keep doing 0.4.4 status in the meetings though, right?
17:06:31 <nickm> yeah
17:06:39 <nickm> we may find more 044 items as we release
17:06:43 <ahf> yep
17:06:44 <ahf> cool
17:07:02 <ahf> okay. the next thing on our agenda is: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/team/-/wikis/NetworkTeam/CoreTorReleases
17:07:04 <dgoulet> o/
17:07:08 <nickm> hi hi!
17:07:10 <ahf> hello dgoulet
17:07:13 <dgoulet> made it ;0
17:07:17 <ahf> \o/
17:08:21 <ahf> ok, looks like the release page is right if we release tomorrow?
17:08:49 <nickm> yeah.  Do we call it stable?  I don't think any of the stuff we merged is too scary
17:09:04 <dgoulet> I would be comfortable with that tbh
17:09:09 <ahf> so rc vs. non-rc? i think non-rc is OK
17:09:17 <nickm> agreed
17:09:19 <asn> how late would we be if we made another rc?
17:09:25 <nickm> at least two weeks
17:09:31 <nickm> likely more
17:09:58 <asn> ack
17:09:58 <asn> ok
17:10:01 <asn> let's go with stable
17:10:05 <asn> agree nothing is particularly sketch
17:10:37 <ahf> ok!
17:11:00 <ahf> we don't have anything else added to discussion? there is two items, but i think they are older?
17:11:18 <nickm> one thing I have is that I want to know what we're hacking on next :)
17:11:23 <ahf> or did somebody add them here today?
17:11:25 <nickm> I can just work on small little tickets in my queue
17:11:54 <ahf> i think this is where gaba comes in
17:11:59 <asn> we also need to complete the 045 exercise
17:12:12 <nickm> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/team/-/issues/7
17:12:51 <ahf> there are many fun projects there
17:13:34 <dgoulet> yeah I have mostly s28 ticets until end of Sept here
17:13:38 <dgoulet> (gaba's order)
17:13:51 <nickm> ack
17:14:22 <nickm> ahf: are you still on TB most of the time?
17:14:25 <ahf> nickm: you have things until thursday you can dive into, right?
17:14:36 <ahf> nickm: yeah, last week was dealing with the glob stuff a bit with david, which was for them
17:14:41 <gaba> nickm: we are going to be starting the scalability project very soon but we do not have a contract yet.
17:14:41 <nickm> yeah; worst case, I pick a proposal and work on it
17:15:08 <ahf> my hope was to before scalability to work a bit more on the transition towards more CI on gitlab
17:15:10 <gaba> yes, september is non-sponsor stuff in general (other than s30 and 28)
17:15:11 <nickm> gaba: I had thought that was starting in nov/dec; is that right?
17:15:16 <ahf> and feature parity there
17:15:20 <nickm> gaba: or are we starting sooner?
17:15:29 <gaba> right, we will start as soon as we get a contract
17:15:42 <nickm> ahf: anything wrt CI is worthwhile IMO
17:16:28 <ahf> yeah. i think the prometheus stuff is a very interesting project too and would be a huge value add to HS users and relay operators and i don't think it is that much work to get it started, but i think the CI stuff is higher priority since it is a mess right now that we have to use two services :-/
17:16:42 <nickm> makes sense
17:18:17 <ahf> do we have anything else we need to dive into today?
17:18:17 <nickm> ok, I'll aim to have the 0445 changelog written in the next hour or so
17:18:21 <ahf> sweet
17:18:22 <nickm> then I'll ask others to have a look
17:18:27 <nickm> i think i'm good
17:18:35 <nickm> everybody remember to ping me if you need anything
17:18:35 * dgoulet good
17:18:50 <asn> ack
17:18:53 <ahf> asn, gaba: you good?
17:18:56 <asn> im good as well
17:19:05 <ahf> otherwise we have our thursday meeting to follow up on anything that pops up
17:19:13 <gaba> yes
17:19:18 <ahf> cool!
17:19:23 <ahf> i am gonna end the meeting then. thanks all o/
17:19:25 <ahf> #endmeeting