17:59:41 <sysrqb> #startmeeting Tor Browser meeting 5 October 2020
17:59:41 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Oct  5 17:59:41 2020 UTC.  The chair is sysrqb. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:59:41 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
18:00:13 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> Hello!
18:00:28 <sysrqb> Pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-tbb-2020-keep
18:00:46 <acat> o/
18:01:38 <GeKo> o/
18:07:03 <antonela> o/
18:09:58 <gaba> hi
18:11:10 <sysrqb> okay, let's see where we are
18:11:21 * antonela goes for the mate
18:11:28 <sysrqb> I added some announcements based on a timeline GeKo, acat, and I discussed earlier today
18:12:11 <sysrqb> mikeperry: did you make any more progress on the code audit script?
18:12:45 * sysrqb has some mate, too
18:12:51 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> "October Schedule" section of pad seems off; the 14th is a Wednesday
18:13:00 <gaba> mmm
18:13:18 * gaba goes to look at the calendar
18:13:41 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> thanks :)
18:17:25 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> "TB Release meetings" section also looks off; October 15 is a Thursday
18:17:28 * sysrqb add review fenix#34179 onto this week's list
18:19:29 <sysrqb> ahf: i forgot to ask during the retro
18:19:41 <sysrqb> are you concentrating on tor now? :)
18:20:00 <sysrqb> same for mikeperry ^
18:20:11 <ahf> yeah, i am on s30 right now
18:20:29 <sysrqb> okay
18:21:31 <mikeperry> sysrqb: hey sorry distracted. here now
18:21:43 <ahf> if there are things around testing of upgrade paths that comes in the next few days before the release i can easily do that though
18:21:53 <mikeperry> so the donation script went from somethign that I thought would be nicely supported by git to basically a minor outline of the existing workflow :/
18:22:07 <mikeperry> make a diff, save it, grep it.. the output will kinda look like shit
18:22:11 <mikeperry> I have not finished it
18:22:48 <sysrqb> okay
18:22:52 <sysrqb> ahf: ack, thanks
18:22:54 <mikeperry> sysrqb: what is the timeline for needing it for rapid release?
18:23:05 <sysrqb> "now" :)
18:23:11 <mikeperry> oh boy
18:23:12 <sysrqb> we have https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/tor-browser/-/issues/40130 on our plate
18:23:21 <mikeperry> we're going from 81 to 82?
18:23:22 <mikeperry> ok
18:23:27 <sysrqb> i mean, we can continue with the manual audit
18:23:38 <sysrqb> but having something a little more automated woulld be nice
18:23:49 <mikeperry> I can finish my hax and see how they look... but it's gonna be a bit ugly
18:23:49 <sysrqb> but if that's not ready then we'll do what we can
18:24:08 <mikeperry> having the ff82 tag will help
18:24:13 <mikeperry> can I use ff82 now or just beta?
18:24:46 <sysrqb> acat: rebased our patches onto 82b
18:25:00 <sysrqb> we only have beta for another couple weeks
18:25:01 <GeKo> 7
18:25:12 <GeKo> *82b7
18:25:34 <sysrqb> i don't have much to discuss in today's meeting
18:25:50 <sysrqb> so i was thinking we could distribute/assign tasks for tihs transition
18:26:10 <sysrqb> if someone else has a topic we should discuss, plesase make say it
18:26:17 <sysrqb> *please
18:29:10 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> sysrqb, safe to assume that no Browser Team attention will be available for Namecoin things until after October 20?
18:29:36 <sysrqb> acat: do you want to pick up #40134 and #40131
18:29:46 <sysrqb> or #40132?
18:29:54 <sysrqb> ah, right :)
18:30:09 <sysrqb> tor-browser#40134 tor-browser#40131
18:30:12 <acat> sure
18:30:17 <sysrqb> or tor-browser#40132?
18:30:57 <sysrqb> Jeremy_Rand_Talos: yeah :/ that's a safe assumption
18:31:12 <sysrqb> we may have some time beginning next week
18:31:23 <sysrqb> or I don't want to promise that
18:31:31 <sysrqb> sorry for all of the delay
18:31:42 <sysrqb> i know you've worked hard on this
18:32:03 <sysrqb> s/or/but/
18:32:17 <GeKo> sysrqb: acat: i think a good idea for our rewview process is that folks doing the closed bugs review are keeping an eye on all patches landing on mozilla-beta, too
18:32:44 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> sysrqb, ok, no worries.  Got plenty of other things I can spend dev time on in the interim, and I think I've managed to keep Namecoin community expectations damped down enough that the delay won't bother anyone
18:33:03 <sysrqb> GeKo: keep an eye on patches until it merges into release?
18:33:10 <sysrqb> so we don't miss new uplifts?
18:33:13 <GeKo> yes
18:33:23 <sysrqb> yeah, that makes sens
18:33:31 <GeKo> that's what i did for mozilla81
18:33:47 <GeKo> and it felt kind of "natural" for have mozilla-beta on the radar, too
18:33:53 <GeKo> while looking over all the closed bugs
18:33:59 <sysrqb> that sounds good
18:34:11 <GeKo> s/for have/to have/
18:34:25 <acat> ack
18:35:22 <acat> sysrqb: so, should i do tor-browser#40131, tor-browser#40132, tor-browser#40134?
18:36:17 <sysrqb> i was thinking you could take either reviewing developer notes and closed bugs
18:36:32 <sysrqb> or going through the proxy bypass audit
18:37:04 <sysrqb> and tor-browser#40132 and fenix#40049 should (maybe) go together
18:37:04 <acat> ok, i can take tor-browser#40131 and tor-browser#40134 this time
18:37:20 <sysrqb> thanks
18:37:41 <sysrqb> so i can take the proxy bypass audit for 82
18:37:56 <sysrqb> and try understanding what mike has created
18:38:26 <sysrqb> acat: do you want to take tor-browser-bundle-testsuite#40008 too?
18:39:01 <sysrqb> that may be easiest for you right now
18:39:12 <sysrqb> but i don't want to overload you,
18:39:52 <acat> yeah, i guess i should get the tor-browser-bundle-testsuite!1 mr finished first
18:40:03 <acat> haven't prioritized that much
18:40:34 <sysrqb> yeah, difficult to prioritize that right now
18:40:49 <sysrqb> i'm okay with delaying tor-browser-bundle-testsuite#40008 until next week
18:41:02 <acat> i'll try if there's time
18:41:02 <sysrqb> but if you can try running the tests on 82, at least
18:41:07 <acat> yup
18:41:16 <sysrqb> maybe that will give us some infom about new breakage
18:41:19 <sysrqb> *info
18:41:58 <acat> yeah
18:42:07 <sysrqb> okay, i'll pick up fenix#40050, too
18:43:20 <sysrqb> i think that's all of the mozilla82 tickets
18:43:33 <GeKo> i was not sure whether we need more
18:43:42 <GeKo> so, if there things missing, please add them
18:43:52 <GeKo> *there are
18:44:22 <sysrqb> anyone have questions or concerns about the proposed relesae schedule described in the announcement sections of the pad?
18:45:47 <sysrqb> yeah, we'll learn which pieces are missing, that is a good starting place
18:47:15 * sysrqb hears nothing
18:47:40 <sysrqb> thanks everyone, i'll close this meeting
18:47:53 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> Thanks!
18:47:59 <sysrqb> #endmeeting