17:58:48 <sysrqb> #startmeeting Tor Browser meeting 26 October 2020
17:58:48 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Oct 26 17:58:48 2020 UTC.  The chair is sysrqb. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:58:48 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
17:59:02 <acat> o/
18:02:04 <sysrqb> pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-tbb-2020-keep
18:02:44 <gaba> o/
18:07:25 <sysrqb> Okay, GeKo's afk this week
18:08:06 <sysrqb> acat: i think gaba invited you to the next S30 meeting
18:08:09 <sysrqb> did you receive that invite?
18:08:15 <acat> yes
18:08:20 <sysrqb> great
18:08:45 <sysrqb> we need to begin putting that sponsored work on our roadmap "very soon"
18:09:05 <sysrqb> but i'd like to have a meeting (maybe during this weekly meeting) at the beginning of september
18:09:25 <sysrqb> and we shoudl triage/prioritise when we should work on specific tickets
18:09:31 <sysrqb> and where the sponsored work fits into that
18:09:48 <sysrqb> err
18:09:53 <sysrqb> s/september/november/
18:09:58 <sysrqb> (that one)
18:10:24 * antonela is around
18:10:27 <sysrqb> o/
18:10:49 <antonela> yes, we got acat in the crew
18:11:01 <sysrqb> acat: i think you'll be the best person to begin working on s30
18:11:06 <antonela> i'm happy to walk through the idea, but we may need you matt for technical discussions
18:11:18 <sysrqb> but we can share some of that work after it begin
18:11:24 <sysrqb> si
18:11:34 <antonela> awesome, happy to work together on it acat!
18:11:41 <acat> :)
18:11:54 <antonela> related with it, i sent the proposal to the lists on friday
18:12:00 <sysrqb> +1
18:12:02 <antonela> friends replied, and we can talk about it during the meeting
18:12:08 <gaba> im hoping we can discuss s30 roadmap for browser team on Thursday in the s30 meeting.
18:12:09 <sysrqb> yep
18:12:15 <antonela> (not this meeting, the s30 one)
18:12:29 <antonela> would be nice to provide support for their use cases
18:12:30 <sysrqb> the next meeting is this week, on thursday?
18:12:35 <antonela> yes
18:12:39 <sysrqb> great
18:13:44 <acat> hrm, the invitation for s30 i received said nov 12
18:14:03 <antonela> mmm
18:14:11 <sysrqb> i guess you received it for the next-next meeting
18:14:13 <antonela> but Thursday 29th comes first
18:14:17 * Jeremy_Rand_Talos is here, at least for a bit... sorry I'm late, weather caught me by surprise
18:14:18 <sysrqb> yeah
18:14:23 <sysrqb> o/ Jeremy_Rand_Talos
18:14:55 <acat> ok
18:14:57 <antonela> same time acat, but this thu
18:14:58 <gaba> yes, notifications from nc calendar are weird
18:15:07 <sysrqb> acat: the meeting is every two weeks
18:15:27 <sysrqb> (that's probably clear now :) )
18:15:58 <acat> yup, thanks
18:16:30 <sysrqb> good, good
18:16:51 <sysrqb> okay, regarding releases
18:17:05 <sysrqb> we released 10.0a9 for Android a little before this meeting
18:17:32 <sysrqb> i am hoping (really, really, really hoping) we don't find any major blockers for releasing 10.0.3 on Friday
18:17:39 <sysrqb> as an Android-only stable release
18:18:19 <sysrqb> we'll monitor blog comments and bug reports for issues discovered in 10.0a9
18:19:42 <sysrqb> regarding the release meetings
18:20:13 <sysrqb> i believe we only skipped one, two weeks ago (?), and we had the tor browser meeting at that time
18:20:37 <sysrqb> due to Indigenous Peoples' Day
18:20:51 <sysrqb> but I think we should continue having them
18:21:02 <sysrqb> the next couple meeting may not be very exciting
18:21:20 <sysrqb> as we don't have any major featured planned for inclusion
18:22:04 <sysrqb> but they are good meetings for discussing issues
18:23:06 <sysrqb> gaba: does this make sense?
18:23:24 <sysrqb> (for the release meeting)
18:23:34 <gaba> yes, that makes sense
18:23:42 <gaba> i was not sure if they were needed or not
18:23:52 <gaba> as it seems that most discussions are happening outside those release meetings
18:24:17 <sysrqb> yeah, i think they are not necessary now, but i tihnk they are good for coordination
18:24:29 <sysrqb> i can help prepare an agenda for the meeting ahead of time
18:24:48 <sysrqb> and if there aren't any topics, then we can cancel the meeting
18:24:52 <sysrqb> maybe that is a better plan?
18:26:12 <acat> sounds ok
18:26:47 <sysrqb> okay, we can try this idea
18:26:57 <sysrqb> "Monday 9th November -> LET'S DO SYNC ON SPONSOR 58 WORK"
18:27:07 <sysrqb> ^ is that basically a retro?
18:27:22 <sysrqb> or triaging what is completed and what is still not done?
18:28:01 <antonela> LOVE IT
18:28:03 <antonela> oops
18:28:04 <antonela> no caps
18:28:07 <sysrqb> :)
18:28:13 <antonela> you can take the caps, anw
18:28:30 * sysrqb takes
18:28:58 <antonela> yes, lets see what we left outside the release, what we want to do for the next one and what will leave in a backlog until next sponsor
18:29:04 <gaba> triaging what is completed and what is not done
18:30:05 <sysrqb> okay, yes, that works for me
18:30:27 <sysrqb> very exciting
18:30:39 <antonela> :)
18:31:39 <sysrqb> should we have the next release meeting next week tuesday?
18:31:49 <sysrqb> and start every other week again?
18:32:13 <gaba> sure! november 3rd?
18:32:21 <sysrqb> (i'll say yes, unless someone doesn't like that idea :) )
18:32:25 <sysrqb> yes
18:32:28 <sysrqb> nov. 3
18:32:55 <sysrqb> great
18:33:03 <sysrqb> did i miss any other topics we should discuss?
18:33:23 <acat> which time was it, same as tb meetings?
18:33:32 <acat> (so, as this meeting?)
18:33:33 <sysrqb> ah, yes, 1800 utc
18:33:37 <sysrqb> oh
18:33:40 <sysrqb> that reminds me
18:33:45 <gaba> same but on tuesdays
18:34:03 <sysrqb> we should discuss the new time after some countries switch from daylight savings
18:34:21 <sysrqb> some of europe switched yesterday, i believe
18:34:35 <sysrqb> and most of North America switches next sunday
18:35:10 <sysrqb> should we move this meeting (and the release meeting) to 1900 UTC?
18:36:12 * gaba has no opinion as im switching territories
18:36:35 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> 1900 UTC is preferable for me, but that's really only because I prefer whatever's later, so take my opinion with a dumpster full of salt :)
18:36:36 <acat> for me 1800 UTC works better, but i can adapt if 1900 UTC works better for the rest
18:37:10 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> Ideologically I prefer pegging to UTC rather than local time, so I'm a tad conflicted
18:37:29 <acat> in general, my preference will always be "the earliest time that works for everyone else" :)
18:37:49 <sysrqb> heh, yeah, i definitely understand that for you and GeKo
18:38:17 <sysrqb> i know GeKo has some trouble with ~17/18 UTC during this time of year
18:38:29 <sysrqb> but i don't remember exactly when he is available
18:38:43 <sysrqb> okay, let's plan on 1900 UTC for next week
18:39:02 <sysrqb> and we can discuss during net week's meeting moving back to 1800
18:39:05 <sysrqb> *next
18:39:10 <acat> ok
18:39:15 <sysrqb> when GeKo is back
18:39:36 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> yeah, probably best to wait for GeKo before making a long-term change
18:40:21 <sysrqb> okay, i believe that's all of the topics for this week
18:40:26 <sysrqb> thanks everyone
18:40:30 <sysrqb> o/
18:40:31 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> thanks!
18:40:41 <sysrqb> #endmeeting