19:00:43 <sysrqb> #startmeeting Tor Browser meeting 14 December 2020
19:00:43 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Dec 14 19:00:43 2020 UTC.  The chair is sysrqb. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
19:00:43 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
19:01:03 <sysrqb> Hello
19:01:07 <GeKo> hihi
19:01:19 <sysrqb> I'm not sure if other people are here
19:01:32 <sysrqb> the pad, as usual: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-tbb-2020-keep
19:03:34 <GeKo> 2 people on the pad :)
19:03:48 <gaba> o/
19:04:00 <sysrqb> large attendance :)
19:04:10 <sysrqb> hi gaba :)
19:04:13 <GeKo> i wonder who the two are :)
19:04:19 <GeKo> (spoiler: i am one of them)
19:04:49 * sysrqb is one of them
19:04:50 <sysrqb> :)
19:04:54 * gaba joining the party
19:04:58 <GeKo> sysrqb: i am confused about your dates
19:05:07 <sysrqb> and now there are three
19:05:08 <GeKo> is that 7/7/14?
19:05:37 <sysrqb> yes
19:05:40 <GeKo> k
19:05:50 <GeKo> so you want to do the rebase stuff?
19:05:54 <GeKo> for 85.0b1?
19:06:13 <sysrqb> yeah, I can take that
19:06:35 <GeKo> okay, then i'll review things and prep the toolchain things for mozilla85?
19:06:44 <sysrqb> yes
19:06:48 <GeKo> sounds good
19:07:03 <GeKo> we'll see how that goes
19:07:18 <GeKo> i just read that we get our build machines before xmas, yay
19:07:32 <GeKo> so there is extra excitment
19:07:34 <sysrqb> yep, i saw that from hiro
19:08:16 <GeKo> are we good for mozilla84?
19:08:31 <GeKo> could you maybe check https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/application-services/-/issues/3?
19:08:41 <sysrqb> yes, i'll close the remaining review tickets
19:08:47 <GeKo> i think that's the only piece left
19:09:14 <GeKo> i am fine looking over tor-browser#40239 if you think i should do it
19:09:28 <GeKo> like review your review :)
19:09:40 <GeKo> however that works...
19:10:28 <sysrqb> i looked at Nimbus while reviewing the other components, and I found it wasn't being used by mazac or fenix at that time
19:10:46 <sysrqb> but i'll poke at  it and make sure it isn't making any background connections, too
19:11:08 <GeKo> thanks
19:11:41 <sysrqb> as for reviewing the review of GV84, i don't know if it's actually necessary
19:12:07 <GeKo> yeah. i think it's fine just closing it
19:12:10 <sysrqb> so maybe i'll just close that after looking at the most recent ~3 commits that landed since the last audit
19:12:16 <sysrqb> okay
19:12:17 <GeKo> ya
19:13:19 <sysrqb> i'm not sure if you noticed, but i've updated the commit hashes in the tor-browser-spec audit whenever i review a newer version
19:13:38 <sysrqb> so, in theory, the network audit should reflect the code we've audited for each version
19:13:53 <GeKo> i did! much appreciated
19:14:00 <sysrqb> great
19:15:58 <sysrqb> for tomorrow, 10.0.7 is syncing onto the webserver mirrors now, so that should be ready for tomorrow
19:16:13 <sysrqb> i havve a doctor's appointment tomorrow and i'll be afk for some hours
19:16:44 <sysrqb> but I am hoping i'll complete signing and syncing before i go afk
19:16:45 <GeKo> k
19:17:00 <sysrqb> and hopefully you'll have matching builds and you can publish them as usual
19:17:24 <GeKo> you mean for 10.5a6 now?
19:17:30 <sysrqb> yes
19:17:36 <GeKo> sounds good
19:17:44 <sysrqb> sorry, I wasn't clear
19:17:51 <GeKo> no worries
19:18:10 <GeKo> my current plan is to start releasing the alpha utc morning
19:18:33 <GeKo> and give your MRs a second review while doign so
19:18:36 <GeKo> *doing
19:18:53 <sysrqb> utc morning on tuesday or wednesday?
19:18:58 <GeKo> *wednesday utc morning
19:19:04 <sysrqb> ah, okay
19:19:10 <GeKo> nah, not tuesday :)
19:19:21 <sysrqb> you can try :)
19:19:36 <sysrqb> but yes, that sounds good
19:19:45 <GeKo> i'd be happy having matching builds by then ;)
19:20:19 <sysrqb> yeah, that would be nice
19:20:41 <GeKo> i have increasingly issues to build geckoview due to memory constraints
19:20:51 <GeKo> so i am looking forward to the new machine(s)
19:21:08 <GeKo> but i am past the critical point now (aarch64)
19:21:19 <GeKo> so, things should work out
19:21:32 <sysrqb> cool, that is good
19:22:31 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> (sorry I'm late today; here now)
19:22:47 <sysrqb> gaba: i believe we have a release meeting tomorrow
19:22:56 <sysrqb> but i may not be available for it
19:22:56 <GeKo> Jeremy_Rand_Talos: o/
19:23:27 <sysrqb> Jeremy_Rand_Talos: o/
19:24:33 <sysrqb> gaba: i'm not sure having a meeting like that one week before the holidays is very useful
19:24:55 <sysrqb> but i will try being there if we have topics we should discuss
19:25:05 <gaba> yrd
19:25:08 <gaba> yes, agree
19:25:24 <gaba> i do not think we have topics to discuss and not many ppl around
19:26:25 <sysrqb> yeah, okay, then I think we can cancel it
19:26:46 <gaba> ok
19:27:29 <sysrqb> relatedly, I wonder if we should cancel next week's browser meeting
19:27:40 <GeKo> heh, i was about to ask :)
19:27:45 <sysrqb> the  company holiday doesn't begin until wednesday
19:27:51 <GeKo> the net team cancelled theirs
19:27:54 <sysrqb> but i think we can sync as-needed
19:27:56 <sysrqb> ah, okay
19:28:05 <sysrqb> i'm glad i'm not the only person thinking this :)
19:28:10 <GeKo> :)
19:28:23 <GeKo> so syning as needed seems to be a good plan
19:28:37 <sysrqb> great, wfm
19:29:51 <sysrqb> I don't have any other topics for this today
19:29:58 <GeKo> i am good, too
19:30:26 <sysrqb> so I hope you all have a great week and i hope the last few weeks of 2020 are good for all of you
19:30:42 <GeKo> same to you
19:30:48 * Jeremy_Rand_Talos concurs
19:31:19 <sysrqb> thanks for a great year of Tor Browser
19:31:35 <GeKo> yep
19:31:38 <sysrqb> even if nothing happened as we originally planned
19:31:44 <sysrqb> :) :/
19:31:52 <GeKo> well, we planned to get esr78 out
19:31:59 <GeKo> and transitioned to fenix
19:32:05 <GeKo> and we did
19:32:14 <GeKo> no small accomplishment
19:32:26 <sysrqb> yes, we were definitely successful
19:32:43 <sysrqb> but we hit some detours along the way
19:33:01 <sysrqb> and GeKo, thanks for coming back to browser land
19:33:11 <GeKo> you are welcome
19:33:25 <GeKo> i would not say it feels like home ;)
19:33:31 <sysrqb> haha
19:33:31 <GeKo> but it's... familiar :)
19:33:37 <sysrqb> yeah
19:34:07 <sysrqb> okay, take care everyone, and "see" some of you in 2021 :)
19:34:15 <GeKo> o/
19:34:15 <sysrqb> #endmeeting