15:58:07 <cohosh> #startmeeting anti-censorship meeting
15:58:08 <MeetBot> Meeting started Thu Jan 28 15:58:07 2021 UTC.  The chair is cohosh. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:58:08 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:58:12 <cohosh> hello!
15:58:24 <agix> hi
15:58:25 <cohosh> here is our meeting pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-anti-censorship-keep
15:58:40 <phw> o/
15:58:50 <gaba> hi!
15:58:55 <hanneloresx> hi
15:59:29 <anadahz> hi
15:59:53 <atagar> good morning
16:00:07 <cohosh> we don't have a lot on the agenda for today
16:00:30 <cohosh> the first announcement is the same as last week: that we have a job opening for an anti-censorship team developer
16:01:24 <cohosh> the next announcement concerns the post-mortem we had last week about default bridges crashing alpha versions of tor browser
16:01:40 <dcf1> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/tor-browser/-/issues/40282
16:02:16 <cohosh> it's been fixed :D
16:02:39 <agix> \o/
16:03:23 <cohosh> any other announcements or discussion?
16:03:24 <dcf1> I'm planning to start an email thread but I'll just mention here, Snowflake user numbers recovered even before the 10.5a8 release
16:03:31 <dcf1> https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/5481936581E23D2D178105D44DB6915AB06BFB7F
16:03:45 <cohosh> dcf1: yeah i noticed that too
16:04:03 <cohosh> i wonder if it had something to do with the weird broker metrics we were getting
16:04:04 <dcf1> so I don't know if people found their own workarounds, or if the majority of our users are not Tor Browser users, or what
16:04:23 <cohosh> whereall of our proxies suddenly didn't know what kind of NAT they had
16:05:34 <dcf1> that might be a better explanation, since the non-working 10.5a7 was released 2021-01-20 and the decrease in users happened *before* that
16:06:14 <cohosh> i rolled out a fix that should prevent that from happening again
16:06:56 <cohosh> but it's weird that it dropped to zero
16:07:05 <cohosh> the number of clients i mean
16:08:11 <cohosh> thanks for starting the email thread dcf1
16:08:53 <cohosh> oh i wanted to mention that i recommended the snowflake webextension repository for mariav's reporting system
16:08:56 <cohosh> as a test run
16:09:11 <dcf1> Oh, I thought it was per team, not per repo
16:09:24 <cohosh> i believe it is per repo
16:09:35 <dcf1> you're right, I see that in the email now
16:09:41 <cohosh> although i would be happy to offer more of our repositories
16:09:47 <dcf1> agreed
16:10:10 <cohosh> okay i'll send another email and add snowflake. any other suggestions of which ones we should add?
16:12:10 <cohosh> okay feel free to reply to the email directly or let me know if you want to add one
16:12:44 <cohosh> one last action item is to fill out the monthly report: https://pad.riseup.net/p/mmoiMFOsC0MKLtL7zhc6
16:13:16 <cohosh> and now we can move on to assigning reviews and our needs help with items
16:15:06 <cohosh> i'd like a review of snowflake!27 but that's it for me
16:15:13 <dcf1> I'll take snowflake!27
16:15:20 <cohosh> thanks dcf1
16:15:46 <cohosh> anything else for this week?
16:16:30 <arlolra> cohosh: I see phw beat me to that review, sorry.  but feel free to keep assigning me if you need
16:16:54 <atagar> I'd be happy to take the review, too.
16:17:23 <cohosh> arlolra: thanks! will do :)
16:17:46 <cohosh> atagar: cool, we don't have too much to be reviewed this week but that's good to know :)
16:18:13 * cohosh waits a few minutes to see if there's anything else
16:18:24 <agix> Shall we sing a farewell song for phw since this is his last official anti-censorship meeting?
16:19:02 <phw> agix: please don't ;)
16:19:08 <hanneloresx> =/
16:19:21 <phw> (i'll still be around, just not as much on a regular basis)
16:19:48 <agix> You are missing out on something :P
16:19:52 <agix> good to know :)
16:20:09 * cohosh wonders about how singing on irc works
16:20:35 <cohosh> okay i'll close the meeting here, thanks everyone!
16:20:38 <cohosh> #endmeeting