18:57:55 <sysrqb> #startmeeting Tor Browser meeting 16 February 2021
18:57:55 <MeetBot> Meeting started Tue Feb 16 18:57:55 2021 UTC.  The chair is sysrqb. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
18:57:55 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
18:58:00 <sysrqb> Hello and welcome
18:58:07 <sysrqb> Pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-tbb-keep
18:58:44 <acat> o/
18:58:50 <boklm> o/
18:59:53 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> Hi!
19:00:26 <dunqan> o/
19:09:22 <sysrqb> Alright.
19:10:04 <sysrqb> I'd like to (offically) welcome back, boklm
19:10:26 <sysrqb> I'm happy that we're finally in a stable financial position again
19:10:28 <boklm> thanks!
19:10:49 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> welcome back boklm!
19:10:51 <dunqan> wb boklm \o/
19:10:58 <acat> welcome!
19:11:03 * Jeremy_Rand_Talos had missed you
19:11:25 <boklm> thanks :)
19:12:55 <sysrqb> next, please update your Boards, if needed: https://gitlab.torproject.org/groups/tpo/applications/-/boards
19:13:25 <sysrqb> (filter by Issue "assignee", and drag the issue to the appropriate status)
19:14:28 <sysrqb> Next, We have our periodic Stable and Alpha releases next week
19:15:10 <sysrqb> acat: i'm hoping we have a desktop stable tag tomorrow
19:15:19 <sysrqb> I'm assuming you can help build :)
19:16:24 <acat> sysrqb: sure
19:16:35 <sysrqb> thanks
19:16:58 <sysrqb> GeKo's afk this week, so i'll need another builder for all of the platforms
19:17:14 <boklm> is there a definition of the "Doing" and "Next" keywords?
19:17:16 <sysrqb> if you don't (or can't) build all of them, then we can find another person who can help
19:17:47 <sysrqb> boklm: yes. in general, "Doing" is "this week", and "next" is "probably next week"
19:17:53 <acat> i think i should be able to help for all builds
19:18:01 <boklm> ok, thanks
19:18:37 <sysrqb> boklm: but it depends on how large the issue is. sometimes i leave issues in "next" until I begin working on it
19:19:02 <sysrqb> so, i think it depends on you and how thoselabels are most useful for you
19:19:34 <sysrqb> but they give gaba and me a signal about how that issue prioritized
19:19:44 <sysrqb> acat: great, thanks
19:20:31 <boklm> I'm planning to set up my build machine this week, so I can be a 3rd builder
19:20:45 <sysrqb> excellent, thanks
19:22:56 <sysrqb> acat: did you begin looking at tor-launcher#40004?
19:23:10 <sysrqb> i know it is on your list for this week
19:23:23 <acat> not yet. i can prioritize this this week, after the remaining 86 tasks
19:24:15 <sysrqb> okay, then i'll ask a different question :)
19:24:37 <sysrqb> do you feel comfortable with your progress on the s30 patch?
19:24:50 <sysrqb> and can you work on both this week?
19:25:15 <sysrqb> or, should i take the tor-launcher issue and you concentrate on s30?
19:26:12 <acat> i think it should be one or another (also because i want to deploy the android tests)
19:26:22 <acat> so maybe i should work on polishing the s30 patch
19:26:27 <sysrqb> okay
19:26:34 <sysrqb> then i'll take tor-launcher#40004?
19:26:36 <sysrqb> err
19:26:41 <sysrqb> no question mark :)
19:27:41 <acat> does this need to be done by this week? (the tor-launcher issue)
19:28:14 <sysrqb> not specifically, but "as soon as possible"
19:28:45 <sysrqb> beacuse we'll begin looking at rebasing onto the next esr soon, too
19:29:32 <sysrqb> and we should decide if we're jumping onto rapid release or moving onto the next esr
19:29:42 <acat> for the new ESR, i would assume the idea would be to use the new UI from tor-browser#27476, right?
19:29:44 <sysrqb> but i don't want this issue to delay s30 work
19:30:42 <sysrqb> yes, that is the goal
19:31:21 <sysrqb> but I don't want to rely on that happening
19:31:33 <sysrqb> and we could begin testing linux on rapid release "now"
19:31:47 <sysrqb> if we fix this blocker
19:31:53 <sysrqb> and that seems valuable
19:32:23 <acat> ok, makes sense
19:33:14 <dunqan> i'll take a look at tor-browser#27476 from a UX pov this week too – thanks for the screenshots acat ^^
19:33:41 <acat> duncan: thanks
19:34:24 <sysrqb> those look nice, that is very exciting
19:34:40 <dunqan> yup it's looking great!
19:35:46 <acat> ty!
19:37:49 <sysrqb> dunqan: i think i lost track of snowflake#40007
19:38:09 <sysrqb> what's the plan for adding the banner in tor browser?
19:38:41 <dunqan> ah yes, you were going to duplicate the stable banner on alpha I believe – and I was going to pass across a new icon and copy
19:38:54 <dunqan> Mocks here for ref: https://www.figma.com/file/DPWy3cLbmLy0M7OQYlqAgG/About-Tor?node-id=0%3A1
19:38:57 <dunqan> (open in FF)
19:39:06 <dunqan> where would you like me to drop the assets?
19:40:33 <sysrqb> I think we should create new issues for this, so it's separate from the generic survey
19:40:45 <dunqan> no prob, will do this afternoon
19:41:15 <dunqan> also now survey.tpo.org's .onion is working again I can get you .onion links for both surveys
19:41:36 <sysrqb> unfortunately, i think this change may miss the rlease next week, but I can bundle it with the next alpha on 12 March
19:41:56 <sysrqb> okay, i can update the link, that's not a problem
19:42:15 <sysrqb> if the change is small for alpha, then i can probably squeeze it in
19:42:23 <sysrqb> but figma is telling me "File not found
19:42:26 <sysrqb> "
19:42:29 <dunqan> thanks! that would be awesome
19:42:33 <sysrqb> so i'm not sure :)
19:43:14 <dunqan> oh sorry, try now?
19:43:20 <sysrqb> ohnow it's working :)
19:43:26 <dunqan> it's identical to stable – just a new icon, text and target
19:44:01 <sysrqb> (woah, there's a cursor moving)
19:44:14 <dunqan> haha yes, I can point to stuff too i guess
19:44:29 <sysrqb> okay, i can prep a match for that today, and hopefully acat can review it in the moring
19:44:35 <sysrqb> morining
19:44:42 <dunqan> great, tyvm both
19:44:46 <dunqan> will go create that ticket now
19:44:50 <sysrqb> thanks
19:45:02 <sysrqb> s/match/patch/
19:46:21 <sysrqb> that covers all of my items
19:46:44 <sysrqb> i'll give 1 minute for anyone to add another discussion item onto the pad
19:47:37 <sysrqb> Okay, thanks everyone
19:47:42 <sysrqb> have a good week
19:47:47 <sysrqb> #endmeeting