15:57:59 <cohosh> #startmeeting tor anti-censorship meeting
15:57:59 <MeetBot> Meeting started Thu Feb 18 15:57:59 2021 UTC.  The chair is cohosh. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:57:59 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:58:01 <cohosh> hey
15:58:11 <cohosh> here is our meeting pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-anti-censorship-keep
15:58:24 <agix> hi
15:58:33 <dcf1> greets
15:58:37 <cohosh> it's pretty empty today
15:58:49 <cohosh> in terms of agenda
15:59:40 <dcf1> there is a bug on the report pad, https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-anti-censorship-bugs-keep
15:59:54 <cohosh> ah
15:59:55 <dcf1> dated 2020-01-17, probably meant to be 2020-02-18 because it wasn't there last week
16:00:22 <dcf1> it's asking for a smaller Tor Browser bootstrap installer
16:00:48 <cohosh> yeah
16:01:06 <cohosh> we could link to the existing tor browser ticket that's about this
16:01:19 <dcf1> oh I didn't know there was one
16:01:32 * cohosh looks for it
16:03:17 <dcf1> agix: thanks for summarizing the Psiphon event detection paper
16:03:36 <agix> dcf1 sure thing :)
16:04:28 <cohosh> blah it'll take me a bit to find it
16:04:39 <dcf1> ok don't worry about it
16:04:47 <dcf1> If I find it I'll contribute the anonymous comment
16:04:51 <cohosh> but there's some meta ticket about reducing the size of tor browser
16:05:16 <cohosh> okay
16:05:48 <cohosh> i will add a note that we have the anonymous ticketing system at the top of that pad
16:06:15 <dcf1> has there been any activity on anonticket?
16:07:06 <cohosh> just me so far
16:09:48 <cohosh> i was hoping to see more, but maybe there just haven't been issues to report :)
16:09:54 <cohosh> heh
16:10:52 <cohosh> anyone want to suggest a reading?
16:13:40 <agix> how about "Automating the censorship arms race" from Kevin Bock and Dave Levin ... but I can't get any access to the paper
16:14:22 <dcf1> I was thinking of the short paper on Kazakhstan TLS interception
16:14:27 <dcf1> agix, what's the venue for that one?
16:15:07 <agix> ACM,  https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1145/3437410
16:15:34 <agix> but +1 for the Kazakhstan TLS interception, sounds interesting
16:15:50 <dcf1> oh meant to post the link, https://censoredplanet.org/kazakhstan
16:16:31 <cohosh> did we already discuss geneva?
16:16:42 <cohosh> i know we discussed symtcp
16:17:27 <agix> i think we did
16:17:30 <agix> https://github.com/net4people/bbs/issues/23
16:17:39 <cohosh> yeah http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-meeting/2020/tor-meeting.2020-06-25-15.58.html
16:17:54 <cohosh> okay let's discuss the kz tls interception paper
16:19:21 <cohosh> anything else for today? and needs help with or discussion?
16:19:36 <dcf1> arlolra: do you need anything else with https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/anti-censorship/pluggable-transports/snowflake-webext/-/issues/7
16:25:06 <cohosh> arlolra: you can ping us later if you need anything for that
16:25:26 <cohosh> i think i will end the meeting here
16:25:48 <cohosh> #endmeeting