18:58:25 <sysrqb> #startmeeting Tor Browser meeting - 15 March 2021
18:58:25 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Mar 15 18:58:25 2021 UTC.  The chair is sysrqb. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
18:58:25 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
18:58:34 <sysrqb> Pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-tbb-keep
18:58:36 <dunqan> o/
18:59:10 <GeKo> hello
18:59:11 <sysrqb> Welcome to the Day-After-Pi-Day Day Tor Browser meeting
18:59:31 <boklm> hi
18:59:33 <sysrqb> Feel free to eat some leftover pie, if you have some
19:00:30 <sysrqb> pospeselr: o/ thanks for joining us :)
19:00:39 <pospeselr> hii
19:01:57 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> hello!
19:03:05 <gaba> hi
19:07:06 <sysrqb> Alright. This is your weekly reminder to update your gitlab boards, if necessary
19:09:08 <sysrqb> I juust got Fenix built, so I'm hoping we can get 10.5a13 published by on Thursday
19:10:42 <sysrqb> we also have the usual Firefox releases next week, and I hope we can publish  the desktop builds on time
19:11:10 <sysrqb> that'll depend on tor-browser-build#40249 for Windows
19:12:54 <sysrqb> at this point, we'll split stable desktop and android updates next week
19:13:51 <sysrqb> and publish android at the end of the week, if we don't find any blockers in 10.5a13
19:14:23 <dunqan> \o/
19:14:30 <dunqan> sysrqb: are we all good to nuke the banners across all platforms/releases?
19:14:47 <sysrqb> yes, that as my next comment/question
19:15:00 <sysrqb> did you get an answer about the snowflake banner?
19:15:15 <sysrqb> i can ping cohosh if now :)
19:15:18 <dunqan> yep! i posted a ticket about it somewhere
19:15:18 <sysrqb> *not
19:15:31 <sysrqb> ah. i must've missed it
19:15:47 <dunqan> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/torbutton/-/issues/40032
19:16:06 <sysrqb> thanks!
19:16:18 <dunqan> no prob! tldr we're good to revert/remove everything
19:16:35 <sysrqb> alright, works for me
19:20:02 <sysrqb> boklm: are you okay with the plan I said in tor-dev? I'll pick up tor-browser-build#40241 tonight and finish preparing the branch
19:20:10 <sysrqb> and then you can review it tomorrow?
19:20:27 <boklm> sysrqb: yes, that sounds good
19:20:35 <sysrqb> and GeKo can look over it too
19:20:36 <sysrqb> thanks
19:21:21 <sysrqb> pospeselr: how are you doing? anything you want to talk about?
19:21:24 <GeKo> fwiw: i am still reviewing the latest code
19:21:29 <GeKo> and building it
19:21:40 <sysrqb> thanks
19:21:51 <GeKo> but that should be done by tomorrow now that there are things closer to a final branch
19:21:59 <pospeselr> i'm doing well! the bulk of my work with ricochet is now behind me, so glad to be abel to focus on tor-browser once more
19:22:10 <sysrqb> woo!
19:22:16 <sysrqb> GeKo: yeah
19:22:24 <pospeselr> there are only a couple of design changes left before 27476 is good for review
19:22:53 <boklm> sysrqb: I also made this commit in a separate branch, moving things to android-components, but that requires rebuilding everything: https://gitlab.torproject.org/boklm/tor-browser-build/-/commit/1773e1b247e0139556ae0e0a8b61f3193c737a33
19:23:00 <pospeselr> anto has bigger ideas about our error handling screen than is what is currently implemented, so i plan to make those changes in a future changelist since everything is currently working/functional
19:23:01 <boklm> (I'm currently doing a rebuild to test it)
19:23:29 <sysrqb> boklm: ack, thanks
19:24:04 <pospeselr> but other than that, i'm all good :)
19:24:21 <dunqan> pospeselr: fyi I posted the tooltip to the ticket this AM, about:preferences#tor is nearly there, and will pickup the 'bigger' error handling stuff in the very near future :)
19:24:30 <pospeselr> yep i have seen it :)
19:24:47 <sysrqb> pospeselr: okay. you think that'll be another iteration? we land (roughly) what you have now, and then we land the improved error handling later?
19:25:20 <pospeselr> so one more iteration: the changes dunqan has mentioned + about:preferences#tor changes
19:25:27 <pospeselr> review/submit taht
19:25:36 <pospeselr> then do the error handling update in a separate cl
19:25:43 <sysrqb> okay
19:25:50 <pospeselr> error handling in the sense of 'what do we display tot he user when an error happens'
19:25:52 <sysrqb> fine with me
19:25:56 <sysrqb> yeah
19:26:19 <dunqan> yep that sounds good from my pov too, thanks for accommodating
19:26:25 <dunqan> appreciate it!
19:26:38 <pospeselr> np :)
19:28:49 <sysrqb> GeKo: btw, thanks for your comment on tor-browser-bundle-testsuite#40017
19:28:58 <sysrqb> i didn't fully connect those two pieces
19:29:12 <sysrqb> but i'll test the patch later
19:29:20 <GeKo> hope it helps
19:29:41 <sysrqb> yup.
19:30:07 <sysrqb> okay, that's all i've got for today
19:30:27 <sysrqb> and i don't see anything else on the discussion list
19:30:42 <sysrqb> so have a good week, everyone
19:30:46 <sysrqb> #endmeeting