18:58:35 <sysrqb> #startmeeting Tor Browser meeting 22 March 2021
18:58:35 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Mar 22 18:58:35 2021 UTC.  The chair is sysrqb. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
18:58:35 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
18:58:59 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> Hello!
18:59:15 <boklm> hi!
18:59:47 <dunqan> o/
19:00:35 <sysrqb> Pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-tbb-keep
19:01:01 <pospeselr> o/
19:01:09 <sysrqb> hello hello!
19:04:02 <sysrqb> Alright
19:04:39 <GeKo> hi
19:04:48 <sysrqb> pospeselr: you can delete/overwrite your old statuses, if you want
19:05:30 <pospeselr> got it
19:06:03 <sysrqb> (woo. Google Play finally approved 10.5a12.)
19:06:55 <sysrqb> This is your weekly reminder to update your Gitlab Boards, if needed
19:08:14 <sysrqb> tor-browser-build#40252
19:09:09 <sysrqb> GeKo: do you have an opinion on landing this?
19:09:19 <sysrqb> i was a little confused by your comment
19:10:49 <GeKo> i think this is okay for now
19:11:01 <sysrqb> okay, that was my feeling, too
19:11:10 <GeKo> we have a proper 11.0.1 project for clang-source on master
19:11:18 <GeKo> and i think it would be smarter to use that
19:11:25 <GeKo> which is what my comment aimed at
19:11:56 <GeKo> but we don't get rid of drawbacks until windows switches over to rapid release
19:12:12 <GeKo> as rapid release will be moving to clang 12 soon i think
19:12:30 <boklm> is that the same as tor-browser-build#40048 ?
19:13:01 <GeKo> yes, if you look at the commit message of !217 it solves this for linux
19:13:15 <boklm> ok
19:13:19 <GeKo> and then windows and osx would remain for #40048
19:13:28 <GeKo> it's a piece-by-piece business
19:13:39 <GeKo> or it would be it ideally
19:13:46 <GeKo> but we have not started with pieces yet
19:15:02 <sysrqb> right.
19:15:46 <sysrqb> okay, then i'll prep 10.5a13 and land the boklm's patch for tor-browser-build#40252
19:16:48 <sysrqb> related to that, i'm think we should build desktop platforms for 10.5a13 tomorrow, and then build Android stable and alpha as -build2's at the end of this week
19:17:23 <sysrqb> does that seem unreasonable?
19:18:53 <boklm> do we plan release them at the same time?
19:19:24 <boklm> or do we release the desktop 10.5a13 before the android one?
19:20:40 <sysrqb> boklm: release desktop before Android, and update the blog posts when Android is published
19:21:01 <boklm> ok
19:21:07 <GeKo> wfm
19:21:20 <boklm> wfm too
19:21:58 <sysrqb> okay
19:22:57 <sysrqb> Next, should we adjust our meeting time after next week's time change?
19:23:14 <sysrqb> And, going one step further, considering more people are in Europe than anywhere else
19:23:22 <GeKo> 1800utc would work well for me then
19:23:25 <sysrqb> would an earlier meeting time be preferred?
19:23:38 <GeKo> heh, indeed
19:23:47 <GeKo> finally, the majority :)
19:23:56 <sysrqb> heh
19:24:07 * Jeremy_Rand_Talos has a mild preference for later in the day, but my preference is of minimal relevance
19:24:12 <pospeselr> hah
19:24:16 <GeKo> earlier is always better for me
19:24:21 <GeKo> but
19:24:50 <pospeselr> I def appreciate all the europeans being available at unreasonable hours back when i was west coast
19:24:57 <GeKo> yw
19:24:58 <pospeselr> not sure wth y'all were thinkin
19:25:29 <dunqan> ha
19:26:26 <sysrqb> GeKo: were you adding something after "but"?
19:27:16 <boklm> earlier is better for me too (but 1800utc would still be ok)
19:27:32 <pospeselr> i don't care one way or the other
19:30:39 <sysrqb> okay, does 1500 UTC (1100 ET) work for most people?
19:30:54 <pospeselr> +1
19:30:59 <boklm> wfm
19:31:02 <sysrqb> I think the net team is remaining at 1700 UTC
19:31:09 <dunqan> (wfm too!)
19:31:16 <sysrqb> so this should give GeKo some time between meetings, at least :
19:31:23 <sysrqb> :)
19:31:39 * Jeremy_Rand_Talos slightly dislikes it but will be able to cope, so +1 if it's better for the Europeans
19:31:40 <GeKo> just a "but" :)
19:31:53 <sysrqb> ah ha :)
19:32:11 <GeKo> i only have the net team meeting i have to attend
19:32:24 <GeKo> otherwise i can meet essentially whenever
19:32:57 <sysrqb> okay, let's try 1500 UTC beginning next week and we'll see how well that works
19:33:22 <GeKo> (i am a  bit distracted due to real life fun, sorry)
19:33:47 <sysrqb> (no worries)
19:34:05 <sysrqb> Next, #17400
19:34:21 <sysrqb> tor-browser#17400
19:34:21 <boklm> in which components is this ticket?
19:34:31 <boklm> ok :)
19:35:00 <sysrqb> i'd like us to start looking at this ticket again
19:35:21 <sysrqb> i had it in the bavck of my mind for a while
19:36:19 <sysrqb> but the more I thought about the burden of our release process, the more I think creating multi-lingual packages is a good idea
19:36:45 <boklm> reducing the number of separate bundles sounds like a good idea
19:37:44 <sysrqb> i don't know if we should go as far as creating one package per OS, and put all locales into a single package
19:38:11 <sysrqb> and I don't yet know what the update process looks like for going from single-locale to multi-locale
19:38:51 <sysrqb> but I know the current release process is painful (for me), and I'd like to improve it
19:39:31 <sysrqb> so this is more of an FYI, but I want to hear other opinions now (and later) if you have them
19:41:03 <boklm> keeping separate bundles for the 5 or 10 most used locales, and one containing all the other less used locales sounds like a good idea to me
19:42:06 <sysrqb> yeah
19:42:54 <sysrqb> okay, and finally, someone added a comment about the banner
19:42:57 <sysrqb> was that dun	?
19:43:03 <dunqan> yes!
19:43:03 <sysrqb> dunqan
19:43:12 <dunqan> not sure if I'm being daft
19:43:14 <sysrqb> yes, indeed, it is still there
19:43:29 <sysrqb> nope, that is a problem
19:43:36 <sysrqb> i just checked, as well
19:43:43 <dunqan> ha ok
19:44:01 <sysrqb> i'll look into it and then we'll re-build it
19:44:12 <dunqan> thanks very much, appreciate it!
19:44:39 <sysrqb> boklm: expect a 10.0.14-build2 tag in the morning :/
19:44:51 <boklm> ok
19:44:56 <sysrqb> thanks
19:45:46 <sysrqb> alright, that's everything for today's meeting
19:45:52 <sysrqb> thanks everyone!
19:45:54 <sysrqb> have a good week
19:45:57 <sysrqb> #endmeeting