15:00:19 <sysrqb> #startmeeting Tor Browser weekly meeting 10 May 2021
15:00:19 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon May 10 15:00:19 2021 UTC.  The chair is sysrqb. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:00:19 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:00:22 <sysrqb> o/
15:00:29 <sysrqb> Pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-tbb-keep
15:00:31 <pospeselr> o/
15:00:41 <boklm> o/
15:00:46 <dunqan> o/
15:01:16 <sysrqb> Just FYI, i need to go afk in ~25 minutes
15:01:17 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> hello!
15:01:34 <sysrqb> that doesn't mean the meeting must end at that time (i can close it before 1600)
15:01:37 <gaba> hi!
15:02:07 <sysrqb> but I won't be here for any discussions between ~1530 and ~1550
15:02:16 <GeKo> hello!
15:06:56 <sysrqb> alright.
15:07:15 <sysrqb> welcome to another week in browser-land
15:07:30 <gaba> :)
15:08:52 <sysrqb> at the release meeting we held last week on wednesday, we discussed upcoming planned versions
15:09:13 <sysrqb> i'm hoping we can release one alpha version this week for moz89
15:09:23 <sysrqb> that is mostly blocking on me right now
15:09:41 <sysrqb> and boklm asked about helping me with that (thanks again)
15:10:50 <sysrqb> next week i would like an alpha release on all platforms that includes tor-browser#27476 and the new v2 deprecation warnings
15:11:57 <sysrqb> the next mozilla-driven release is on 01 June, meaning we get tags on 25 May
15:13:09 <sysrqb> we could combine the android-only release and all-platforms release, but android release are simple enough that I prefer getting feedback and testing on Fenix 89 a week earlier
15:13:56 <sysrqb> tor-browser#34345
15:14:04 <sysrqb> mmm.
15:14:07 <sysrqb> pospeselr: i
15:14:08 <pospeselr> sysrqb: end or start of next week for the alpha?
15:14:57 <sysrqb> pospeselr: difficult to say right now
15:15:13 <pospeselr> well either way looks lik ei'll be grinding way on tor-browser#40416
15:15:15 <sysrqb> i need your help with the v2 deprecation work
15:15:21 <pospeselr> ya
15:15:29 <sysrqb> yeah, please
15:15:38 <sysrqb> that's a higher priority than tor-browser#34345 right now
15:16:22 <pospeselr> got it
15:16:26 <sysrqb> thanks
15:18:07 <sysrqb> i'm hoping tor-browser#27476 will land in Nightly tomorrow, or wednesday at the latest
15:18:16 <pospeselr> great :)
15:18:39 <sysrqb> my review should be done by EOD today
15:18:56 <pospeselr> I'll keep an eye out for that
15:19:08 <sysrqb> and then i'll move on to reviewing boklm's MRs
15:19:49 <sysrqb> who added the geoip jar discussion item?
15:20:50 <GeKo> irl asked
15:21:38 <GeKo> (so, i guess gaba did so)
15:21:46 <gaba> yes, i did
15:22:00 <gaba> i just wanted to bring it to the team to be sure you are all aware irl will work on this this week
15:22:44 <sysrqb> ah, okay, thanks
15:23:33 <sysrqb> i'll look at whether we need it
15:24:25 <sysrqb> i'm not sure we do because tor comes with its own geoip files that we bundle
15:25:31 <sysrqb> (but tor browser is special, compared to other tor-embedding applications like orbot)
15:26:07 <sysrqb> okay, i need to run, and that was the only discussion item
15:26:32 <sysrqb> so i'll close this meeting unless anyone wants to add another discussion item while i'm akf
15:26:35 <sysrqb> *afk
15:27:16 <sysrqb> seems like no.
15:27:22 <sysrqb> okay, thanks everyone!
15:27:24 <sysrqb> have a good week
15:27:27 <sysrqb> #endmeeting