15:00:25 <sysrqb> #startmeeting Tor Browser weekly meeting 24 May 2021
15:00:25 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon May 24 15:00:25 2021 UTC.  The chair is sysrqb. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:00:25 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:00:31 <sysrqb> Hello!
15:00:37 <sysrqb> Pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-tbb-keep
15:00:58 <boklm> hi
15:01:13 <antonela> hi folks
15:01:15 <pospeselr> hi
15:01:21 <gaba> hi!
15:05:20 <GeKo> sysrqb: there was no rebased moz 90 branch yet, right?
15:05:36 <GeKo> i was looking a bit on the weekend but did not find any
15:05:44 <sysrqb> 90 OR 89?
15:05:47 <sysrqb> *or
15:06:03 <GeKo> for the upcoming release
15:06:30 <GeKo> 89 it is
15:06:40 * GeKo is living in the future
15:07:05 <sysrqb> it seems I did not push it
15:07:12 <GeKo> yeah
15:07:20 <sysrqb> I'll finish opening the MR after this meeiting
15:07:23 <sysrqb> meeting
15:07:27 <GeKo> right, i remember looking for th 89 one
15:07:35 <GeKo> but only found the base branch
15:08:18 <boklm> I will test doing a build once there is a geckoview89 branch
15:08:27 <GeKo> oh, it seems beta got merged into release
15:08:43 <GeKo> sysrqb: so, maybe picking the HEAD up there would be goood
15:08:45 <GeKo> *good
15:09:19 <sysrqb> yeah, that got merged a few hours ago
15:09:59 <sysrqb> I'll finish the b4 piece, then rebase onto release
15:13:22 <sysrqb> i'd like to tag 10.5a16 tomorrow, and maybe tag 10.0.17 (desktop) tomorrow when we get a tag
15:13:44 <sysrqb> then release 10.5a16 asap, and start building 10.0.17 immediately after 10.5a16 finishes building
15:14:25 <GeKo> is 10.5a16 containing the moz89-based alpha?
15:14:30 <sysrqb> yes
15:14:43 <GeKo> because no one reviewed the geckoview rebasing yet
15:14:46 <GeKo> okay
15:14:52 <sysrqb> so that is a blocker right now
15:15:29 <GeKo> might be worth having a nightly build, too, first :)
15:16:04 <sysrqb> ideally
15:16:57 <sysrqb> but I may only create a testbuild locally and make sure it works
15:18:34 <sysrqb> boklm: have you looked at tor-browser-build#40056, yet?
15:19:20 <sysrqb> it's not the highest priority, but it is annoying
15:21:02 <boklm> I have not looked at it yet, I can move it in my todo list for this week
15:22:24 <sysrqb> okay, we can survive without fixing it
15:22:51 <sysrqb> but if you can start looking at it over the next month, I think we'll be happier peopl
15:23:03 <boklm> ok
15:23:06 <sysrqb> trhanks
15:23:09 <sysrqb> thanks
15:23:13 <boklm> yes, I agree it's quite annoying
15:25:11 <sysrqb> regarding stablizing Tor Browser 10.5, I think we should delay its relase until 29 June, two weeks later than the current release date
15:26:21 <sysrqb> I don't feel comfortable trying to make sure 10.5 is ready within the next two weeks
15:26:55 <sysrqb> especially with the about:torconnect only starting testing this week, and v2 deprecation warnings only in code review now
15:28:01 <sysrqb> i realize this has a small impact on beginning the 91esr transition
15:28:30 <sysrqb> but I think this is worth that cost
15:28:53 <sysrqb> any other concerns/objections?
15:30:28 * sysrqb hears none
15:30:33 <pospeselr> lgtm
15:30:52 <boklm> ok
15:31:01 <sysrqb> antonela: did we cancel last weeks Release meeting, or delay it until this week?
15:31:48 <gaba> the next release meeting is schedule for June 1st in the calendar
15:33:54 <sysrqb> yeah, i thought we rescheduled last week's meeting
15:34:15 <antonela> ye, lets meet next week with the alpha out and see where we are for stable?
15:34:22 <sysrqb> yeah
15:34:31 <antonela> sounds good for me
15:35:10 <anarcat> oh while i have the tor browser people around :)
15:35:13 <sysrqb> and, on the topic of next week, Monday is a US holiday
15:35:16 <anarcat> can i jump in?
15:35:18 <sysrqb> antonela: hello
15:35:23 <anarcat> hi! :)
15:35:25 <sysrqb> yes, you may :)
15:35:28 <anarcat> even if i'm not antonela :)
15:35:33 <anarcat> tb-tester-01 is unhappy in nagios
15:35:34 <antonela> lol
15:35:45 <anarcat> i think /srv is full or something
15:35:49 <anarcat> DISK CRITICAL - free space: / 15286 MB (79% inode=91%): /dev 3973 MB (100% inode=99%): /dev/shm 3987 MB (99% inode=99%): /run 717 MB (89% inode=99%): /run/lock 5 MB (100% inode=99%): /sys/fs/cgroup 3989 MB (100% inode=99%): /tmp 0 MB (0% inode=99%): /srv 38261 MB (99% inode=99%): /var/tmp 15286 MB (79% inode=91%):
15:35:51 <sysrqb> ah ha
15:35:55 <sysrqb> boklm: can you take a look?
15:35:59 <anarcat> it's breaking puppet and apt updates
15:36:00 <sysrqb> could be old builds?
15:36:05 <boklm> ok, I will look at that
15:36:06 <anarcat> no idea, but it's your thing :)
15:36:16 <anarcat> actually, that's probably not what's breaking apt
15:36:18 <anarcat> or puppet
15:36:22 <anarcat> i'll have to investigate that myself
15:36:27 <anarcat> but fixing /srv would be great :)
15:36:56 <anarcat> wait no, it's /tmp that's full, sorry
15:37:03 <anarcat> Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
15:37:03 <anarcat> tmpfs           3.9G  3.9G     0 100% /tmp
15:37:07 <anarcat> that nagios warning is so hard to read...
15:37:39 <anarcat> that's it for me, sorry for jumping the meeting :)
15:37:58 <sysrqb> boklm: thanks, please let me know if I should look at it
15:38:08 <sysrqb> anarcat: thanks, and no worries, you're always welcome here
15:38:19 <anarcat> thanks :)
15:38:52 <sysrqb> okay, as I saw saying ( :) ), Monday is a US holiday
15:38:53 <boklm> it looks like we have a lot of temp dirs owned by tb-tester /tmp, so maybe we have something not cleaning its tmp files after finishing
15:39:07 <boklm> I will clean them up now
15:39:11 <gaba> sysrqb: I scheduled a roadmap update meeting for Tuesday next week. Did you all see that?
15:39:18 <sysrqb> boklm: thanks
15:39:51 <sysrqb> gaba: yeah< i saw an invitation
15:40:02 <sysrqb> is that for the whole team?
15:40:27 * boklm saw it
15:41:31 <gaba> yes
15:41:33 <gaba> the whole team
15:41:49 <sysrqb> okay, 14UTC
15:42:27 <sysrqb> that works for me
15:42:38 <sysrqb> pospeselr: will you be available next tuesday?
15:42:47 <pospeselr> yep, my travels will be complete :)
15:43:07 <sysrqb> okay, i was beginning to see a "tuesday - afk" pattern emerging
15:44:36 <sysrqb> regarding the this meeting next Monday, should we move it to Tuesday?
15:44:45 <sysrqb> i'll probably be online
15:44:58 <sysrqb> but I assume it's a company holiday
15:44:58 <pospeselr> i don't have anything going on Monday
15:45:16 <sysrqb> so I'm happy to reschedule it to Tuesday
15:45:21 <GeKo> whatever works for me
15:45:27 <antonela> same
15:45:30 <boklm> same
15:45:47 <GeKo> (i don't take company holiday's unless they overlap with local holidays)
15:45:54 <GeKo> *holidays
15:46:06 <sysrqb> yeah :)
15:46:34 <sysrqb> okay, then let's keep this meeting on Monday, 31 May
15:48:30 <sysrqb> i think that's everything for this meeting
15:48:36 <sysrqb> thanks everyone! have a good week
15:48:42 <sysrqb> #endmeeting