16:00:34 <GeKo> #startmeeting network-health
16:00:34 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Jun 14 16:00:34 2021 UTC.  The chair is GeKo. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:00:34 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
16:00:41 <GeKo> hello!
16:00:55 <GeKo> another week, another network health meeting
16:01:10 <GeKo> our pad is at: http://kfahv6wfkbezjyg4r6mlhpmieydbebr5vkok5r34ya464gqz6c44bnyd.onion/p/tor-nethealthteam-2021.1-keep
16:02:17 <irl[m]> hi
16:02:20 <ggus> hello
16:03:20 <GeKo> gaba: you around?
16:06:55 <GeKo> okay
16:07:08 <GeKo> does not seem to be the case, so let's start anyway
16:07:28 <GeKo> nothing marked bold etc.
16:07:39 <GeKo> do we have anything we should discuss/talk about?
16:08:34 <ggus> i don't have anything for today
16:08:59 <GeKo> irl[m]: there is still https://status.torproject.org/issues/2021-06-05-metris-website/
16:09:08 <GeKo> i wonder what to do here
16:09:34 <irl[m]> i think it was something strange going on that has now stopped
16:09:45 <irl[m]> maybe a scraper or something
16:10:05 <GeKo> okay. so, i'll mark this as resolved and we move on?
16:10:11 <irl[m]> the java backend was being overrun with requests and couldn't keep up, but now it seems to be fine and has been for a while
16:10:12 <irl[m]> yeah
16:10:12 <GeKo> "resolved"
16:10:40 <GeKo> do we have some monitoring in place now so we can see more quickly the next time this is happening?
16:11:02 <irl[m]> not yet, but it's in progress
16:11:14 <irl[m]> the monitoring infrastructure is new and setting up alerts is not simple yet
16:11:23 <irl[m]> i'm still figuring that out
16:11:42 * anarcat too :p
16:11:44 <GeKo> great. can you keep this on your priority plate?
16:11:51 <irl[m]> i have got the collector exporter deployed, and looking at adding the blackbox for metrics.tpo in an open mr
16:12:03 <irl[m]> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/tpa/prometheus-alerts/-/merge_requests/3
16:12:43 <irl[m]> yeah once i have access to grafana i can see what the metrics look like and then i'll be able to make alerts, https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/tpa/team/-/issues/40289 looks like it's ready for me
16:12:59 <GeKo> yeah
16:13:11 <irl[m]> i will complete the in progress metrics-lib release first though, so i don't leave that half done
16:13:21 <GeKo> sounds good
16:13:34 <GeKo> thanks
16:13:44 <GeKo> that's all i had
16:13:59 <GeKo> anything else last minute for today?
16:14:02 <irl[m]> ggus: you should be ready for questions about why is my relay in the wrong country, i'm hoping this week will see deployment of the onionoo that uses the ipfire database
16:14:13 <GeKo> yay
16:15:26 <irl[m]> nothing else from me, i've got plenty to get on with and nothing is blocked
16:15:27 <GeKo> okay, thanks everyone then and have a nice week
16:15:33 <GeKo> #endmeeting