15:05:59 <sysrqb> #startmeeting Tor Browser weekly meeting 21 June 2021
15:05:59 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Jun 21 15:05:59 2021 UTC.  The chair is sysrqb. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:05:59 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:06:05 <sysrqb> Pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-tbb-keep
15:07:21 <antonela> hello
15:09:30 <sysrqb> Weekly reminder to update your Gitlab Boards (if necessary)
15:12:06 <sysrqb> hi :)
15:12:08 <pospeselr> o/
15:12:14 <pospeselr> missed a channel :p
15:12:57 <sysrqb> Okay, 10.0.18 is now released for all platforms
15:13:08 <dunqan> \o/
15:13:12 <sysrqb> 10.5a16 is my top priority for this week
15:13:20 <antonela> alpha team is starvinggg
15:13:27 <GeKo> *10.5a17
15:13:31 <sysrqb> but we have a couple blockers before that is tagged
15:13:39 <sysrqb> err, yeah, what GeKo said
15:14:57 <sysrqb> pospeselr: one of them is the https-e part of tor-browser#40456
15:15:06 <sysrqb> hrm. no, not that ticket
15:15:35 <pospeselr> yeah it's on my radar for today/tomorrow
15:16:32 <sysrqb> tor-browser#40455
15:16:39 <sysrqb> that one. great, thanks
15:16:43 <pospeselr> is there anything else blocking alpha I should focus on after the https-everywhere fixes?
15:16:49 <pospeselr> or should i plow ahead on sponsor 30 stuffs
15:17:23 <sysrqb> no, i think that is the only blocker i need your help with implementating
15:17:34 <sysrqb> i have two on my plate that i'll need you to review
15:17:34 <pospeselr> ok perfect
15:18:30 <gaba> hi!
15:18:37 <pospeselr> hola
15:19:50 <gaba> i think at some point here we should discuss the next s30 feature that pospeslr will work on. i didnt have time to gather them all related tickets in one place but this is something we can do pospeselr and then check with the rest of the team
15:20:15 <gaba> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/tor-browser/-/issues/40259
15:20:57 <pospeselr> yeah that makes sense
15:21:17 <GeKo> how long does s30 still go anyway?
15:21:17 <dunqan> sounds good
15:21:28 <GeKo> is there some overlap with the esr migration?
15:21:54 <gaba> GeKo: we are extending the project for a few months. This is what is remaining (plus fixing bugs) for TB
15:22:30 <sysrqb> we'll need to balance that work
15:22:32 <GeKo> hrm
15:24:32 <gaba> yes, that is why we need to better define scope for this feature for s30
15:24:42 <gaba> we can discuss it on the meeting next monday
15:25:05 <GeKo> this is a hard ticket, even if it's only one :)
15:25:35 <pospeselr> psh how hard could it be is just one little ticket
15:25:42 <antonela> right, i summarized some of the past ideas to pospeselr but im sure we will need to discuss next steps to everybody is in the same page
15:25:52 <GeKo> pospeselr: you'll see :)
15:26:00 <pospeselr> (yeah I know)
15:26:01 <antonela> s/to/so
15:26:10 <sysrqb> ( pospeselr never learns that lesson)
15:26:39 <pospeselr> what i lack in accurate time estimations i make up for in enthusiasm :3
15:26:56 <sysrqb> but yes, next meeting we can create a more specific roadmap for the next three months, and plan the esr migration along with sponsored work
15:27:43 <dunqan> <+pospeselr> psh how hard could it be is just one little ticket <- lol
15:27:48 <gaba> :)
15:27:53 <dunqan> sounds like a good plan :)
15:28:54 <sysrqb> alright, anything else?
15:29:24 <dunqan> I'm going to try and make some time to QA the most recent S30 build today/tomorrow
15:30:08 <sysrqb> thanks!
15:30:22 <sysrqb> I think Tor Browser Nightly has the most recent changes
15:30:29 <dunqan> ah perfect, ty
15:30:35 * sysrqb looks at pending MRs
15:31:21 <sysrqb> yes.
15:31:30 * antonela nightlies we love you
15:31:41 <pospeselr> ooh
15:31:42 <GeKo> +1
15:32:03 <sysrqb> gaba: antonela: tomorrow we have a Release meeting?
15:32:35 <antonela> i can do it
15:32:40 <antonela> 16UTC?
15:33:13 <dunqan> should I join you?
15:33:32 <sysrqb> i think 19UTC
15:33:38 <dunqan> should/shall
15:33:40 <sysrqb> dunqan: you are welcome
15:33:41 <gaba> yes
15:33:49 <dunqan> cool, ty
15:33:51 <gaba> it will be in this same irc room
15:33:54 <dunqan> gotcha
15:34:02 <dunqan> 19utc then?
15:34:04 <sysrqb> antonela: is 16UTCbetter for you?
15:34:07 <gaba> https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-browser-release-meeting-keep
15:34:22 <sysrqb> I can meet earlier, if needed
15:34:34 <dunqan> thanks gaba
15:34:44 <antonela> it is actually
15:34:49 <gaba> I can not meet earlier unfortunately
15:35:06 <antonela> do you want to move it when the alpha is out?
15:35:36 <sysrqb> i don't have any topics, so that's good for me
15:35:45 <sysrqb> and we can discuss 10.5
15:35:47 <antonela> sounds good
15:35:48 <antonela> yes
15:36:08 <sysrqb> okay, so next Teusday, 29 June
15:36:46 <antonela> oki
15:36:55 <gaba> mmm, are we moving tomorrows release meeting? #me getting confused
15:37:20 <antonela> yes, to next Tuesday, 29 June
15:38:09 <dunqan> at 16utc?
15:38:53 <sysrqb> i think 19UTC, unless gaba can meet at 16UTC, then we'll move it to 16UTC
15:39:30 <gaba> yes, 16utc on june 29th works for me
15:40:02 <sysrqb> okay, great, thanks
15:40:22 <antonela> super, thanks
15:41:06 * sysrqb waits one minute for final comments
15:42:01 <sysrqb> Thanks everyone, have a good week
15:42:05 <sysrqb> #endmeeting