16:00:04 <cohosh> #startmeeting anti-censorship meeting
16:00:04 <MeetBot> Meeting started Thu Jun 24 16:00:04 2021 UTC.  The chair is cohosh. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:00:04 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
16:00:18 <cohosh> here is our meeting pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-anti-censorship-keep
16:00:37 <cohosh> feel free to add things to the agenda and update it with what you've been working on :)
16:00:54 <meskio> hello
16:01:46 <cohosh> it's a short agenda today so i'll wait a few minutes to let people add stuff
16:01:58 <cohosh> or feel free to just start a discussion
16:02:26 <meskio> I see you added Jacobo's email to the interesting links
16:02:50 <meskio> do we have previous info on the requirements to run a snowflake proxy?
16:03:22 * meskio not sure if the 'interesting links' is acutally a point in the agenda and should wait for it to discuss it
16:03:44 <cohosh> nope, the most info we have is probably here: https://community.torproject.org/relay/setup/snowflake/standalone/
16:04:23 <cohosh> our docs could really use some updating and we have an open ticket for that
16:05:15 <cohosh> snowflake#40031
16:05:56 <meskio> it will be interesting to see if actually the bandwidth depends so much on the memory available, in his report it looks like 1GB of RAM is the ideal settup
16:06:06 <dcf1> meskio: by requirements, are you referring to number of cores, bandwidth capacity, etc.?
16:06:40 <dcf1> and you are suggesting we should add such information to the documentation page? (just checking if I understand)
16:07:05 <meskio> dcf1: I guess any of those, jacobo's report seems to indicate that having more than 1 core didn't help neither having more than 1GB of ram, but less ram did affect
16:08:04 <meskio> yes, will be good to have this information in the documentation, I'm just wondering how much we want to validate that jacobo's numbers are generic for everybody or just specific for him
16:09:42 <meskio> I could be drawing conclutions from something unrelated to the server specs
16:10:10 <cohosh> i think this is pretty low priority
16:10:19 <meskio> I agree
16:10:39 <cohosh> those specs are also so low that i don't *think* anyone would try running the proxy on something less
16:11:01 <cohosh> can you get a VPS with less than 1/2 GiB or RAM?
16:11:11 <cohosh> s/or/of
16:11:51 <cohosh> i'm glad he shared though, it's interesting to see what kind of bandwidth the proxies are providing
16:13:11 <meskio> +1
16:14:41 <cohosh> should we choose a reading? we haven't done a reading group in a while
16:14:56 <cohosh> https://community.torproject.org/relay/setup/snowflake/standalone/
16:15:05 <cohosh> our last one was april 29th
16:15:11 <cohosh> ah one sec
16:15:17 <cohosh> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/anti-censorship/team/-/wikis/Anti-censorship-reading-group
16:16:07 <dcf1> I won't have time for extracurricular reading in the next couple of weeks.
16:16:40 <cohosh> ok, i am also very swamped lately
16:16:49 <meskio> is there a queue of papers for the reading group somewhere? where do you get them to decide wich should be next?
16:17:11 <cohosh> meskio: we don't have a queue but we usually pull papers from https://censorbib.nymity.ch/
16:17:19 <cohosh> or https://github.com/net4people/bbs/issues
16:17:25 <cohosh> they also don't have to be academic papers
16:17:29 <dcf1> I have a queue of papers to summarize at https://github.com/net4people/bbs/wiki/Reading-list
16:18:03 <meskio> nice
16:19:15 <cohosh> let's aim to do a reading group some time in july
16:19:32 <cohosh> just to keep it going
16:19:46 <cohosh> but we don't need to decide the paper or time right now
16:20:12 <cohosh> alright anyone need reviews that aren't already assigned?
16:21:28 <cohosh> seems like no
16:22:47 <cohosh> cool, well i'll leave the meeting open for a few minutes before ending the meeting :)
16:25:22 <cohosh> #endmeeting