15:01:42 <sysrqb> #startmeeting Tor Browser weekly meeting 05 July 2021
15:01:42 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Jul  5 15:01:42 2021 UTC.  The chair is sysrqb. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:01:42 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:01:50 <sysrqb> Pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-tbb-keep
15:02:06 <GeKo> o/
15:02:12 <richard> o/
15:03:14 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> Hi!
15:03:18 <sysrqb> o/
15:03:28 <boklm> o/
15:08:06 <sysrqb> alright, Tor Browser 10.5 is ready for publishing tomorrow
15:08:52 <sysrqb> i'm planning on some last-minute testing today on Windows64, macOS, and linux64
15:09:05 <richard> do you need any help with that?
15:09:21 <sysrqb> if any of you want to poke at them, please do: https://people.torproject.org/~sysrqb/builds/10.5-build1/
15:09:25 * antonela waves
15:09:28 <richard> o/
15:09:30 <sysrqb> o/
15:09:55 <richard> anything i particular need extra poking?
15:10:57 <sysrqb> normal QA. we should update the QA checklist
15:11:19 <sysrqb> but, in particular, make sure about:torconnect doesn't have any regressions
15:11:25 <sysrqb> make sure snowflake works
15:11:37 <sysrqb> make sure other bridges works
15:11:49 <sysrqb> onion names
15:11:55 <GeKo> where is that checklist?
15:12:08 <sysrqb> basically, is this actually a stable release?
15:12:30 <sysrqb> GeKo: i'll dig it up. the one we have ~4 years ago that people replied to tor-qa@ with results
15:12:36 <sysrqb> *one we had
15:12:43 <GeKo> oh, okay
15:12:59 <GeKo> i thught it was on some wiki or so which i have not seen yet
15:13:02 <GeKo> *thought
15:13:12 <GeKo> no need to dig that on eup
15:13:16 <GeKo> *one up
15:13:19 <richard> ok
15:15:39 <sysrqb> yeah. i thought i put it on the wiki, but i don't see it
15:16:39 <boklm> I think there used to be one on the wiki (in trac), but I can't find it now
15:16:44 <sysrqb> but, in any case, i'll start syncing the packages to the web servers in ~8 hours
15:17:31 <sysrqb> yeah. i vaguely remember seeing it on the wiki
15:18:11 <boklm> I remember emmapeel was using it to test tor browser in tails
15:18:57 <sysrqb> hrm. okay
15:19:12 <boklm> https://gitlab.torproject.org/legacy/trac/-/wikis/doc/TorQA/TBBQA
15:19:30 <sysrqb> ah yha, yes!
15:19:58 <GeKo> legacy...
15:20:12 <sysrqb> thanks
15:20:20 <sysrqb> yeah, because it wasn't created under Tor Browser
15:20:54 <sysrqb> "TorQA"
15:21:29 <sysrqb> i'll copy it today
15:23:20 <sysrqb> boklm: thanks for updating the toolchain to moz90 and rebasing the patches, that really helps us a lot
15:23:58 <sysrqb> GeKo: i'll look at tor-browser-spec#40007 tomorrow
15:24:03 <sysrqb> thanks for picking it up
15:24:36 <sysrqb> Jeremy_Rand_Talos: what's the "Tor-Friendly Applications Best Practices docs"?
15:25:48 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> sysrqb, a wiki page from Trac that's relevant to some dev I'm doing
15:25:55 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> Needs some cleanup
15:26:28 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> I'll file a ticket later today-ish
15:26:49 <GeKo> sysrqb: np, i just changed three lines
15:26:57 <GeKo> (yes, we were close :))
15:27:13 <GeKo> but i left the other mr for you as there were some questions i had for you
15:27:35 <sysrqb> okay, sounds good
15:28:19 <sysrqb> Jeremy_Rand_Talos: is that under the legacy wiki on gitlab?
15:28:28 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> sysrqb, yes
15:28:33 <sysrqb> (do you have a link?)
15:28:52 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> sysrqb, one sec, lemme dig it up...
15:29:05 <sysrqb> oh, don't worry if you don't have it on hand
15:29:27 <sysrqb> you can ping me later if you find it
15:29:47 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> too late             :) https://gitlab.torproject.org/legacy/trac/-/wikis/doc/Tor_friendly_applications_best_practices
15:31:07 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> Anyway yeah there's a lot of underspecified behavior in that doc, which makes it hard to use as reference for app authors
15:31:32 <sysrqb> heh. thanks
15:31:35 <sysrqb> yeah, isee
15:34:43 <sysrqb> okay. i think that's everythign for this week. 10.5 will be out tomorrow, and i'll focus on prepping Android 11.0a1 asap - hopefully on Thursday
15:35:14 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> congrats on the 10.5 release being ready
15:35:16 <sysrqb> thanks for all of your hard work and help
15:35:43 <sysrqb> thanks! now we move onto the nexr Firefox ESR transition...
15:35:49 <sysrqb> *next
15:36:11 * Jeremy_Rand_Talos braces for whatever chaos the next ESR transition will cause for the ARM/POWER port
15:36:27 <sysrqb> heh. yeah.
15:36:45 <sysrqb> alright, thanks everyone
15:36:49 <sysrqb> #endmeeting