15:59:57 <cohosh> #startmeeting anti-censorship meeting
15:59:57 <MeetBot> Meeting started Thu Jul 22 15:59:57 2021 UTC.  The chair is cohosh. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:59:57 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
16:00:07 <meskio> hello
16:00:12 <cohosh> welcome to the weekly tor anti-censorship meeting!
16:00:29 <cohosh> here is our meeting pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-anti-censorship-keep
16:00:46 <cohosh> feel free to add items onto the agenda and update us with what you've been working on :)
16:03:15 <gaba> hi!
16:03:23 <cohosh> hey gaba!
16:03:32 <cohosh> we have a pretty sparse agenda
16:04:06 <cohosh> to repeat the announcement from last week, we have a job opening for the anti-censorship team: https://www.torproject.org/about/jobs/software-developer-anticensorship-2/
16:04:24 <gaba> it would be great if people can share it in their networks
16:04:33 <gaba> maybe we can send a mail to tor-dev with all the openings
16:04:35 <gaba> i will do it later
16:04:55 <cohosh> yeah that's a good idea
16:06:30 * ggus shared today in reddit r/TOR, r/rust, + asked twitter tech influencers to RT.
16:06:51 <cohosh> :D thanks ggus!
16:08:09 <cohosh> anyone have any discussion they'd like to bring up?
16:09:08 * gaba nothing
16:09:34 <cohosh> :)
16:09:51 <cohosh> dcf1: nice work with snowflake!50 \o/
16:10:00 <cohosh> i'm excited to take a look at it
16:10:22 <dcf1> Thanks, I'm really grateful for your and arlo's workin refactoring rendezvous methods and making them more modular
16:10:28 <meskio> yes, it looks pretty cool
16:10:31 <cohosh> are working on implementing other methods as well?
16:10:35 <cohosh> *are you
16:10:37 <dcf1> It's like a dream to slot in a new one
16:10:44 <cohosh> :D
16:10:47 <dcf1> no
16:11:40 <dcf1> I mention it in the merge request, but we might need to rethink the command-line interface if we add lots more rendezvouses.
16:11:56 <cohosh> ah interesting
16:12:09 <cohosh> command line for the broker or the client?
16:12:26 <dcf1> client
16:12:47 * cohosh nods
16:13:09 <dcf1> btw for https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/anti-censorship/pluggable-transports/snowflake/-/merge_requests/50#demo I'm actually running the broker behind an Nginx proxy_pass like we discusses
16:13:13 <dcf1> *discussed
16:13:27 <cohosh> ah nice!
16:13:35 <dcf1> b/c I was already running a different virtual host on 443 on the host
16:14:16 <cohosh> i realized while working on bridgedb#32276 that we actually have to be carefull with nginx/apache proxy pass rules when used with something like domain fronting
16:14:39 <cohosh> by default apache at least overwrites the X-Forwarded-For header
16:14:47 <dcf1> If the broker starts doing something like IP-based rate limiting, it will have to be aware of being behind a reverse proxy.
16:15:46 <cohosh> yep
16:16:27 <cohosh> awesome, do you have any timeline requirements for reviews or work by us?
16:16:35 <dcf1> no
16:17:32 <cohosh> cool :) i put it on my todo list but i have another big review in process so i might have to do it next week
16:18:11 <dcf1> no worries
16:18:47 <cohosh> anything else for this week? i'll wait a few mins before ending the meeting
16:19:14 <meskio> I will be AFK for 3 weeks, so nothing more in my plate
16:21:34 <cohosh> :)
16:21:41 <cohosh> okay thanks everyone!
16:21:48 <cohosh> #endmeeting