15:00:57 <sysrqb> #startmeeting Tor Browser weekly meeting 26 July 2021
15:00:57 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Jul 26 15:00:57 2021 UTC.  The chair is sysrqb. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:00:57 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:01:01 <sysrqb> Hello!
15:01:01 <donuts> o/
15:01:03 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> Hi!
15:01:05 <boklm> hi!
15:01:12 <sysrqb> Pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-tbb-keep
15:02:26 <gaba> o/
15:02:28 <richard> o/
15:09:01 <sysrqb> richard: did you choose hot pink on purpose?
15:09:12 <richard> ?
15:09:19 <sysrqb> (i know you didn't)
15:09:27 <sysrqb> you're color is showing as hot pink to me
15:09:35 <sysrqb> it's a...nice
15:09:40 <sysrqb> color
15:09:41 * Jeremy_Rand_Talos sees it as magenta
15:09:43 <richard> oh, i have colors turned off
15:10:12 <sysrqb> smart
15:10:15 <gaba> yes, it is kind of shouting color
15:10:17 <richard> there you go
15:10:22 <richard> i chagned it to a black
15:10:40 <sysrqb> okay, i guess it is closer to magenta. i had a blue tint filter enabled
15:10:54 <sysrqb> alrighty then
15:11:02 <sysrqb> i hope everyone had a nice weekend
15:11:12 <sysrqb> please update your gitlab boards
15:11:37 <sysrqb> boklm: i opened fenix#40184 and I'll prepare an MR for that today
15:12:28 <boklm> ok
15:13:31 <richard> sysrqb: do we need anything for tor-browser#40415 ? we can close this can't we now that the v2 onion warning page is in?
15:13:32 <sysrqb> boklm: i got firefox building for Linux based on your current tor-browser-build branch
15:13:59 <sysrqb> richard: no, we ned the error page for when tor doesn't support v2 addresses anymore
15:14:01 <boklm> ah, nice!
15:14:03 <sysrqb> like in Alpha/Nightly
15:14:09 <sysrqb> boklm: https://gitlab.torproject.org/sysrqb/tor-browser-build/-/commits/bug_40305_40331_01
15:14:22 <sysrqb> the top commit has a couple small changes
15:14:24 <richard> oh shit ok
15:14:49 <sysrqb> boklm: and it temporarily modifies torbutton until we rebase a newer commit
15:16:27 <sysrqb> boklm: the only change you should need in your branch is moving the wasi-sysroot clang version from 9.0.0 to 11.0.0
15:16:37 <boklm> ok
15:16:46 <sysrqb> the others should go away after we finish rebasing tor browser patches
15:16:57 <sysrqb> i'm ignoring rlbox for now :) :/
15:18:13 <sysrqb> oh, and deleting "Browser/gtk2/*.so" https://gitlab.torproject.org/sysrqb/tor-browser-build/-/commit/f656afcaf86caae390de7a4db861b3214983b9fc#2254ffdcfc972fbc83f2e61d3324f64e78112d5d_206_212
15:18:29 <sysrqb> that shard library is in Browser/ now
15:18:43 <boklm> ok
15:19:00 <sysrqb> and 'export MACH_USE_SYSTEM_PYTHON=1'. okay, this more more confusing than i expected.
15:19:18 <sysrqb> i'll clean up this patch later
15:20:31 <sysrqb> richard: i build Tor Browser, but it only has 8/65 patches applied, and I haven't tried running it yet
15:20:49 <sysrqb> i assume it won't work yet, due to torbutton#40027
15:20:57 <sysrqb> so that is really, really on my plate for this week
15:21:48 <sysrqb> hopefully you can start playing around with Tor Browser based on 91 later this week, using a w.i.p. tor-browser branch
15:22:41 <richard> sounds good to me
15:22:57 <richard> are you prototyping local linux builds or tor-browser-builds ?
15:23:05 <sysrqb> tor-browser-build
15:23:35 <richard> ok
15:24:31 <sysrqb> but occasionally using a local build for debugging compile errors faster
15:25:12 <sysrqb> `mach bootstrap` still works
15:26:01 <sysrqb> the only other item on my list for today is 11.0a3
15:26:26 <sysrqb> I'm hoping we can publish an Android version based on 91-beta by the end of this week
15:26:59 <sysrqb> i think we're on track for that
15:28:41 <sysrqb> oh, richard, for the v2 onion error page, to be clear, that will essentially replace the warning page beginning in Tor Browser 11
15:28:53 <richard> yes that makes sense
15:29:12 <richard> we just need to edit the current onoin error page to show custom stuff if the error ode is f6 AND it's a v2 onion
15:29:13 <sysrqb> because we'll switch to the newer version of tor that doesn't support v2 addresses at all
15:29:20 <richard> the existing warning page shoudl be removed
15:29:22 <sysrqb> yeah, should be
15:29:22 <richard> at tha tpoint
15:29:27 <sysrqb> yep
15:29:39 <richard> cool cool same page
15:29:43 <sysrqb> great :)
15:31:18 <sysrqb> richard: i may ask you for help rebasing some of our larger patches from 78 -> 91 when I get to them
15:31:25 <sysrqb> especially torconnect
15:31:29 <richard> yeah for sure
15:31:41 <sysrqb> i'll probably do most of the others
15:31:43 <richard> torconnect, preferences, security level
15:31:43 <richard> etc
15:31:50 <sysrqb> yeah
15:31:59 <richard> would be happy to get them working
15:32:58 <sysrqb> :)
15:33:10 <sysrqb> okay, that's everything from me
15:33:12 <richard> (hopefully there won't be any interesting surprises)
15:33:24 <sysrqb> heh, yes. hopefully.
15:34:00 <sysrqb> i don't see any other discussion items on the pad
15:35:00 <sysrqb> Have a good week everyone, and see you at the next meeting, in August
15:35:07 <sysrqb> #endmeting
15:35:10 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> thanks!
15:35:13 <sysrqb> #endmeeting