15:00:02 <sysrqb> #startmeeting Tor Browser weekly meeting 9 August 2021
15:00:02 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Aug  9 15:00:02 2021 UTC.  The chair is sysrqb. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:00:02 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:00:07 <sysrqb> o/
15:00:11 <donuts> o/
15:00:20 <richard> <(' - ' <)
15:00:22 <sysrqb> Pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-tbb-keep
15:00:25 <gaba> hi!
15:01:19 <GeKo> o/
15:02:03 <boklm> o/
15:02:50 <sysrqb> Hello everyone
15:02:51 <helloWorld> Hi is there a way to set a no proxy list in the tor browser settings? I've been looking but didd't find anyting
15:03:09 <sysrqb> helloWorld: sorry, this isnot thebest channel for that question
15:03:12 <sysrqb> please ask in #tor
15:03:40 <helloWorld> allright thanks #sysrqb
15:03:56 <sysrqb> Welcome to Release week, again
15:04:13 <richard> a wild GeKo appears
15:04:58 <GeKo> yes!
15:05:10 <sysrqb> returning from the outside world
15:05:18 <GeKo> didn't want to
15:05:22 <GeKo> but something pulled me in
15:05:35 <sysrqb> "something" :)
15:05:40 <GeKo> :)
15:06:24 <sysrqb> hiya alsmith
15:06:55 <richard> a wild alsmith appears?
15:07:21 <sysrqb> maybe auto-join
15:07:30 <sysrqb> aaaaaaanyway.
15:07:33 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> hello!  (sorry I'm a tad late)
15:07:59 <sysrqb> richard: can you take some Fx91 ticket reviews this week?
15:08:09 <sysrqb> i didn't get as far as I hoped with those
15:08:22 <richard> yeah can do
15:08:37 <sysrqb> thanks, we can chat about splitting them later
15:09:54 <richard> cool cool
15:10:14 <sysrqb> donuts: i haven't completely forgotten about finding you a poc at moz for photon
15:10:28 <sysrqb> i'll actually really find you one this week
15:10:35 <donuts> sysrqb: ah yes, ty!
15:11:38 <sysrqb> richard: did you start receiving the nightly testsuite emails/.
15:11:39 <richard> donuts: i'm also eding ever closer to needing a UX plan for s30 and anti-censorship stuff
15:11:43 <sysrqb> *?
15:11:46 <richard> sysrqb: yeah have been for awhile
15:11:55 <richard> they are usually broken
15:12:06 <donuts> richard: I have some designs/flows that I'll present on thursday :)
15:12:14 <richard> (donuts ok yay)
15:12:33 <sysrqb> richard: yeah, this is step 1 to fixing them
15:12:49 <donuts> I imagine they'll need some re-aligning to where you're at, but they're just for feedback and iterating on atm
15:12:52 <sysrqb> they broke when about:torconnect landed
15:12:59 <richard> ah oh shit
15:13:28 <sysrqb> i assume because the test is assuming tor-launcher's UI, and that's not what it's getting
15:13:53 <sysrqb> but one of us needs to actually look at it
15:14:06 <sysrqb> preferably soonish
15:14:39 <sysrqb> but, one alternative idea is that we don't atually fi it for 78esr
15:14:52 <sysrqb> and we just start getting the tests passing with 91
15:15:03 <sysrqb> while we're working on the rebasing
15:15:23 <richard> tbh that sounds like a good idea
15:15:43 <sysrqb> i think we should at least look at why its failing and then decide if fixing it is worth the time right now
15:15:43 <GeKo> i did never get a non-fail test email in months
15:16:03 <GeKo> so, it's not (just) about:torconnect that is the culprit here :)
15:16:03 <sysrqb> GeKo: i took you off the list, so you didn't get spammed
15:16:09 <richard> do you want me to spend some time on your rebase branch and see about getting tor-browser launching/somewhat working?
15:16:23 <GeKo> i am still getting a mail every day
15:16:38 <sysrqb> GeKo: but not for the testsuite, right?
15:16:42 <boklm> the tb-tester@tb-tester-01.torproject.org emails?
15:16:43 <sysrqb> only successful build
15:16:49 <GeKo> [test result: failed] tbb-nightly.2021.08.09
15:17:06 <GeKo> is the latest
15:17:10 <boklm> I also remember them failing for months
15:17:30 <sysrqb> hrm. i wonder why you're still receiving them
15:17:33 <boklm> (although maybe there are additional tests failing recently)
15:17:38 <sysrqb> okay, that's a different problem :)
15:17:40 <GeKo> its fine
15:17:49 <GeKo> just saying that this is not a new thing :)
15:18:00 <GeKo> (the failures, that is)
15:18:03 <sysrqb> yeah, it's not a new thing, for sure
15:18:15 <sysrqb> but i want to fix it
15:18:49 <sysrqb> richard: let's chat on Wednesday
15:19:02 <richard> ok works for me
15:19:04 <sysrqb> i'll see how far I can get by then with the rebased branch and your MRs
15:19:34 <richard> (I ask because i don't actually know if my rebase works, but I think I outlined that somewhere last week)
15:20:08 <sysrqb> yeah
15:20:34 <sysrqb> i'll fix my branch first, and then we can make sure yours is working
15:21:52 <richard> kk
15:21:57 <richard> sounds like a plan
15:22:13 <sysrqb> great
15:23:12 <sysrqb> today i'll prep 11.0a4, and rebase fenix/mozac. i'll put reviews on your plate, okay?
15:23:21 <richard> perfect
15:23:22 <sysrqb> then we can build all platforms tomorrow
15:23:35 <sysrqb> err. sorry richard
15:23:48 <sysrqb> i meant to say that to boklm
15:24:01 <sysrqb> boklm: today i'll prep 11.0a4, and rebase fenix/mozac. i'll put reviews on your plate, okay?
15:24:02 <richard> ah well regardless, my PC is available for builds if required
15:24:11 <boklm> sysrqb: ok
15:24:37 <boklm> sounds good
15:24:55 <sysrqb> richard: i'm hoping to limit everyones context switching through this process
15:25:06 <sysrqb> and boklm has been doing a lot of this work already
15:25:11 <richard> A+
15:25:16 <sysrqb> but i appreciate your help :)
15:25:58 <sysrqb> okay, and then we'll build 10.5.5 for android after 11.0a4 is complete
15:26:52 <sysrqb> those are all of my misc. comments
15:26:59 <sysrqb> donuts: did you add the discussion item?
15:27:13 <donuts> yep, that was me! sorry to add something else to your plate
15:27:32 <sysrqb> what is YEC? year-end campaign?
15:27:37 <donuts> yep :)
15:27:42 <sysrqb> ah ha
15:28:28 <sysrqb> yes, i can add December and January release dates on the schedule
15:28:31 <sysrqb> that's not a problem
15:28:40 <donuts> thanks sysrqb!
15:28:51 <sysrqb> weird that we're entering 2022
15:29:10 <donuts> it feels uncomfortably like the future
15:29:38 <sysrqb> no me gusta
15:31:06 <sysrqb> okay, i think that covers everything for this meeting
15:31:15 <sysrqb> i'll wait a minute in case someone adds a last-minute item on the pad
15:32:11 <sysrqb> Alright, I think that's the end
15:32:17 <sysrqb> thanks everyone, have a good week
15:32:20 <sysrqb> #endmeeting