15:00:21 <sysrqb> #startmeeting Tor Browser weekly meeting 16 August 2021
15:00:21 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Aug 16 15:00:21 2021 UTC.  The chair is sysrqb. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:00:21 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:00:27 <sysrqb> Hello and welcome
15:00:33 <donuts> o/
15:00:43 <sysrqb> Pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-tbb-keep
15:01:42 <GeKo> o/
15:03:38 <richard> o/
15:07:05 <sysrqb> GeKo: can you still build tor browser for a release?
15:07:16 <GeKo> yes
15:07:26 <GeKo> i just built the latest alpha over the weekend
15:07:35 <GeKo> for fun and such
15:07:35 <sysrqb> alright, nice
15:07:40 <sysrqb> of course
15:08:54 <sysrqb> okay, we have the tor security releases today, and a firefox 91 dot release today
15:09:24 <sysrqb> plus tor-browser#40582, and i'll look at those mozilla tickets and see if backporting is smart right now
15:10:28 <GeKo> sysrqb: ping me with a tag. i am happy to do reviews for the release, too, if it helps
15:10:30 <sysrqb> but i'm planning on preparing 10.5.5 today, at a minimum, and releasing that asap
15:10:38 <sysrqb> GeKo: thanks
15:12:33 <sysrqb> i may take some time off from work on thursday and/or friday, but i'll see how the beginning of this week goes
15:13:33 <sysrqb> on the 91esr front, I have a semi-working build with all of the patches (roughly) rebased
15:13:53 <sysrqb> it does not look very good, but it's a solid foundation
15:14:34 <sysrqb> it doesn't bootstrap tor because I still need to finish reviewing the patch for torbutton#40027
15:14:45 <sysrqb> and related tor-launcher patch
15:15:29 <sysrqb> but we should be able to start getting it into good UI/UX shape this week or next week
15:15:32 <sysrqb> donuts: ^
15:15:45 <sysrqb> i can create a macOS build for you
15:15:53 <donuts> :D
15:16:06 <donuts> exciting
15:16:22 <donuts> I'm on vacation next week (w/c the 23rd) btw – just a forewarning
15:16:32 <sysrqb> althought i haven't actually tested it on macOS, so i may be a little ambitious, but we'll see
15:16:47 <richard> donuts: do you want me to go through and enumerate the design issues when build is ready, or should I plan on adding to your (eventual) list
15:16:48 <sysrqb> okay, no problem
15:17:24 <donuts> richard: hmmmm
15:17:34 <donuts> I'll review the major screens and browser chrome
15:17:52 <donuts> however it would be good to get some direction on anything less obvious (i.e. specific error screens)
15:17:57 <donuts> does that make sense?
15:18:02 <richard> ok that works for me
15:18:07 <donuts> thanks!
15:18:26 <sysrqb> richard: donuts: my thought was that both of you looking at this should help us find bug/issues faster
15:18:34 <donuts> that too, yes
15:18:35 <sysrqb> but you can both coordinate how you go about it
15:18:55 <donuts> we can collaborate on a shared doc or spreadsheet or something
15:18:58 <donuts> that may be easier
15:19:03 <donuts> I can create a template
15:19:38 <richard> ah i meant more for enumerating the set of things that required design work (icons, spacing/colors, etc)
15:19:47 <richard> i plan on looking for broken fucntionality as well
15:19:59 <richard> separately
15:20:11 <donuts> yes, same – I'll primarily be looking out for visual breakage and design work atm
15:20:17 <donuts> but will log any bugs while I'm at it
15:20:18 <richard> coo coo
15:22:59 <sysrqb> richard: i'm hoping i'll have the rebased branch in order by the end of this week or beginning of next week, and you can start reviewing it
15:23:08 <richard> woo
15:23:22 <sysrqb> and then we can get nightly liinux builds by the end of next week
15:24:18 <sysrqb> boklm still has a little work on the tor-browser-build for this, too
15:25:52 <sysrqb> alright, i think that's enough for this week. 10.5.5, 11.0a5, s30, and 91esr
15:26:46 <sysrqb> Jeremy_Rand_Talos: o/ i'll look at applications/team#4  this week
15:26:56 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> sysrqb, thanks!!!!!!!!!!
15:27:00 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> whoops
15:27:08 <sysrqb> :)
15:27:15 * Jeremy_Rand_Talos smacks stuck key
15:27:24 <GeKo> so much enthusiasm :)
15:27:24 <richard> !
15:27:25 <sysrqb> super excited
15:27:33 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> lol
15:28:09 <sysrqb> alright, i think that's it
15:28:12 <sysrqb> thakns everyone!
15:28:16 <sysrqb> have a good week
15:28:23 <sysrqb> #endmeeting