14:59:42 <sysrqb> #startmeeting Tor Browser weekly meeting 30 August 2021
14:59:42 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Aug 30 14:59:42 2021 UTC.  The chair is sysrqb. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:59:42 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
14:59:46 <sysrqb> Hello!
14:59:51 <sysrqb> Pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-tbb-keep
14:59:54 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> Hi!
15:00:13 <donuts> o/
15:00:31 * Jeremy_Rand_Talos typed his pad notes 20 minutes ago so as to not contribute to crashing the pad again this week :)
15:01:03 <gaba> hi!
15:01:36 <sysrqb> :)
15:01:56 <GeKo> o/
15:04:31 <sysrqb> Jeremy_Rand_Talos: before I forget again: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/team/-/wikis/Tor-Friendly-Applications-Best-Practices
15:05:02 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> sysrqb, ah great, thanks!
15:07:23 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> sysrqb, what's the most appropriate venue for discussing proposed improvements to that doc?  The tbb-dev ML?  The tor-dev ML?  GitLab issues?  Any of the above according to my mood?
15:08:21 <sysrqb> Jeremy_Rand_Talos: tbb-dev@ or tor-dev@ or #tor-dev seem most appropriate
15:08:33 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> sysrqb, ok, sounds good
15:08:41 <sysrqb> but I think it depends on how confident you are about the changes
15:09:09 <sysrqb> if you are quite sure about what Tor should recommend, then you should change it first and then ask for review
15:09:42 <sysrqb> if you are less certain, then one of those media sounds like a good place to have a discussion
15:10:31 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> sysrqb, ok, makes sense.  Do I have edit privileges on that wiki page?
15:10:40 <sysrqb> *shrug*
15:10:50 <sysrqb> i assumed you would tell me if you don't :)
15:11:13 <sysrqb> but it may be that you don't
15:11:32 <sysrqb> another place for discussion would be a gitlab issue under applications/team
15:11:32 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> ok.  I'll check experimentally.  If I don't, would a request for such privs be likely to be granted?
15:12:14 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> (I'm not sure how granular the privs are, I don't want privs that I don't need if that produces a security liability)
15:12:38 <sysrqb> Right, that is something I don't know
15:12:52 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> Anyway I'm sure we can figure this out as we go :)
15:13:08 <sysrqb> so if you can't edit then we can investigate a bit
15:13:19 <sysrqb> Yep
15:14:24 <sysrqb> GeKo: can I ask you for help reviewing the rebased desktop patches?
15:14:30 <GeKo> yes
15:14:35 <sysrqb> thanks
15:14:51 <GeKo> put me as reviewer once you feel like it so it shows up in my dashboard
15:15:34 <sysrqb> will do. we're close, so that should be ready within the next couple days
15:17:04 <sysrqb> the only other update I have is that I have a testbuild of Fenix91 with GV 92
15:17:21 <sysrqb> it compiled, so my plan is testing it today, and then preparing an alpha release
15:18:27 <sysrqb> if all goes well, then that should be published this week
15:19:39 <sysrqb> donuts: there is not a 91esr mac build yet
15:19:56 <donuts> no problem, thought I'd doublecheck incase I missed it last week
15:20:00 <sysrqb> i ran into a could blockers over the last week
15:20:05 <donuts> ah i see
15:20:07 <sysrqb> *couple
15:20:24 <sysrqb> but as I mentioned earlier, we're getting closer
15:20:33 <donuts> that's fine, gives me less to catch up on today :)
15:20:41 <donuts> thanks!
15:21:02 <sysrqb> i'll keep you updated, hopefully I have some good news toward the end of this week
15:21:15 <donuts> ta ^^
15:21:27 <GeKo> windows is likey easier
15:21:31 <GeKo> *likely
15:23:29 <sysrqb> I'll probably work on them in parallel, but Windows is less helpful to donuts
15:23:49 <sysrqb> so i'll probably prioritize windows so we can get nightlies sooner
15:23:51 <donuts> yess, unfortunately
15:24:26 <sysrqb> but i don't want make Windows a dependency of macOS
15:26:30 <sysrqb> any other thoughts/comments before I close this meeting?
15:27:04 * sysrqb hears none
15:27:10 <sysrqb> alright, thanks everyone
15:27:13 <sysrqb> have a good week
15:27:18 <sysrqb> #endmeeting