14:59:53 <sysrqb> #startmeeting Tor Browser weekly meeting 13 September 2021
14:59:53 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Sep 13 14:59:53 2021 UTC.  The chair is sysrqb. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:59:53 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:00:02 <donuts> o/
15:00:16 <sysrqb> pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-tbb-keep
15:01:15 <boklm> hi!
15:01:49 <sysrqb> o/
15:02:25 <sysrqb> boklm: did you start working on the macOS toolchain updates?
15:02:36 <boklm> sysrqb: not yet
15:02:41 <sysrqb> i see it is on your list this week
15:02:55 <boklm> yes, I plan to work on it after finishing windows
15:03:02 <sysrqb> okay, great, i have some patches for you
15:03:19 <sysrqb> i got as far as building firefox, but there is a linker issue I haven't resolved yet
15:03:23 <boklm> ok, nice!
15:03:35 <sysrqb> some issue with compiler-rt
15:03:49 <sysrqb> but i'll create a branch and upadte the ticket
15:03:57 <boklm> ok
15:05:55 <sysrqb> donuts: maybe needless to say, but the macOS build is still a work-in-progress
15:06:07 <sysrqb> hopefully we'll have it this week, though
15:06:26 <sysrqb> (i mean a testbuild)
15:06:47 <donuts> that's no problem at all, I've made a lot of progress just 'guessing' what will probably need reworked (plus richard's gave me a lot of screenshots and icon exports <3)
15:06:51 <donuts> https://www.figma.com/file/RtZ0fqkNMRc7GOjK3FLclz/Tor-Browser-Proton?node-id=611%3A55
15:06:59 <donuts> still a bit of a wip, but for reference
15:07:10 <GeKo> o/
15:07:10 <sysrqb> awesome
15:07:11 <sysrqb> thanks
15:07:14 <sysrqb> hello!
15:08:09 * GeKo is in another meeting to, so, i might be slow to reply
15:08:16 <GeKo> *too
15:08:43 <GeKo> sysrqb: have you been following the mozilla toolchain changes?
15:08:56 <GeKo> that's what i have been when updating the macos toolchain
15:08:57 <sysrqb> GeKo: yes, mostly
15:09:02 <GeKo> k
15:09:20 <GeKo> usually i tried to get our toolchain closer to theirs while i was doing that
15:09:20 <sysrqb> not much changed since 78esr, from what I've seen
15:09:31 <GeKo> well, new sdk
15:09:34 <sysrqb> except they moved compiling compiler-rt into its own script
15:09:40 <sysrqb> well, yeah, true
15:09:55 <GeKo> which is kind of a big change :)
15:09:56 <sysrqb> and upgrading cctools and such
15:09:59 <GeKo> yep
15:10:10 <sysrqb> yeah, i guess that's true :)
15:10:38 <sysrqb> but there weren't many structural changes in how they build the toolchain
15:10:48 <GeKo> right
15:10:55 <sysrqb> that's what I wanted to say
15:12:50 <sysrqb> taking the SDK 11.0 that Mark created was not very difficult
15:12:55 <sysrqb> *mcs
15:15:13 * boklm noticed that cctools was missing from list_toolchain_updates_checks and opened tor-browser-build#40360
15:15:40 <sysrqb> ah, great, thanks
15:15:56 <sysrqb> in terms of status, tor-browser-build!338 looks good
15:16:11 <sysrqb> but i ran into a patch conflict issue with namecoin
15:16:59 <sysrqb> bolkdid you boklm did you see that error in your testbuild?
15:17:04 <sysrqb> boklm:
15:17:26 <boklm> I don't remember having that issue in my testbuild
15:18:32 <boklm> I can restart a build to check
15:18:37 <sysrqb> okay. i'll look at the error again after this meeting, too
15:18:52 <sysrqb> i think it was the etld patch
15:20:39 <sysrqb> for tor-browser, the rebased branch is ready for review again
15:20:54 <sysrqb> i'll create that MR after this meeting
15:20:58 <GeKo> fwiw: do we have someone who is doing updater testing
15:21:08 <GeKo> that with now with own infrastructure
15:21:22 <GeKo> so we can sure that piece is working as expected?
15:21:34 <sysrqb> yes, i started creating a test on my people
15:21:39 <GeKo> s/that with//
15:23:17 <sysrqb> that's the last large blocker for moving Linux Nightly onto 91
15:25:38 <sysrqb> alright. anything else for this meeting?
15:26:29 <boklm> not for me
15:26:55 <GeKo> <- is fine
15:27:11 <sysrqb> great, thanks everyone. have a good week
15:27:16 <sysrqb> #endmeeting