15:59:38 <GeKo> #startmeeting network health 09/13/2021
15:59:38 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Sep 13 15:59:38 2021 UTC.  The chair is GeKo. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:59:38 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:59:47 <GeKo> hello everyone!
16:00:00 <ggus> hey o/
16:00:02 <GeKo> let's do another network-health sync this week
16:00:11 <GeKo> http://kfahv6wfkbezjyg4r6mlhpmieydbebr5vkok5r34ya464gqz6c44bnyd.onion/p/tor-nethealthteam-2021.1-keep is the pad as usual
16:00:25 <GeKo> feel free to add your items there and mark them as bold
16:00:36 <GeKo> or put them up under dicsussion items and then we talk about them
16:01:07 <GeKo> ggus: it might just be you and me today, should be fast :)
16:01:17 <GeKo> but let's wait a bit more
16:01:23 <GeKo> maybe other folks start to join
16:02:13 <ggus> ok, i would like to discuss the next EOL removal
16:02:36 <GeKo> okay
16:02:41 <GeKo> let's do it
16:02:50 <GeKo> maybe just start?
16:03:25 <GeKo> i have on my plate to finish the policy for this week
16:03:32 <ggus> last time we had 3 comms approach
16:03:39 <GeKo> which we can then try out irl :)
16:03:55 <ggus> 1. contacting by email/twitter operators that we already knew
16:04:25 <ggus> 2. contacted by email all the others
16:04:33 <ggus> 3. social media (mastodon/twitter) announcements
16:05:00 <ggus> for #2, i think we shouldn't copy network-health mailing list
16:05:04 <GeKo> 4. doing nothing if we had no (valid) contact info
16:05:39 <GeKo> yeah. i've been wondering, though, whether we should create a new mailing list for general network-health alerts
16:05:48 <ggus> yeah, and that why having #3 is/was important.
16:05:51 <GeKo> and we could use that one this this kind of contacting, too
16:06:11 <GeKo> s/one this this/one for this/
16:06:21 <GeKo> right
16:07:00 <ggus> hum, general net-healht alerts mailing list seems a good idea
16:07:15 <GeKo> i want to get a bunch of other alerts sent somewhere
16:07:27 <GeKo> e.g. like overload alerts from prometheus at some point
16:07:43 <GeKo> and that's nothing that needs to be on the sekrit alerts list
16:08:04 <GeKo> so have a general list for this kind of thing might make sense
16:08:12 <ggus> +1 yeah
16:08:24 <GeKo> and contacting operators about eol versions is kind of an alert, too
16:08:29 <GeKo> :)
16:08:45 <GeKo> ok, if you like it i'll talk to hiro
16:08:54 <GeKo> and if we still like it i'll get that list going
16:10:01 <ggus> the other question is: when we want to start contacting people.
16:10:20 <GeKo> so, what about we fix our policy this week
16:10:26 <GeKo> and then start next week?
16:10:42 <GeKo> i'll need to think about the tooling, though
16:10:43 <ggus> lgtm!
16:11:21 <GeKo> we'll see how i can manage to write something in parallel without dragging the contacting of folks too long
16:11:50 <ggus> i think next week we could review the relays operators into three groups. orgs/people that we know, people who have contact_info, and without contact_info
16:12:00 <ggus> then we can estimate how much work that will be
16:12:18 <GeKo> sure
16:12:46 <GeKo> ggus: meanwhile, if you could go over the proposed policy and add missing pieces or mention them that would be nice
16:12:50 <GeKo> let me find the link
16:14:55 <GeKo> hrm, i thought i already put it on the wiki
16:16:26 <GeKo> ggus: https://pad.riseup.net/p/PcR1Y_VJ2ds4Rr66lWWv
16:17:10 <GeKo> okay, anything else for today?
16:17:23 <ggus> loading
16:17:40 <GeKo> ggus: oh, i've sent the slides about the n-h okrs
16:18:04 <GeKo> the okrs do not contain anything related to relay growth/relay community efforts
16:18:14 <GeKo> mainly because i failed to okr-ify that part
16:18:21 <GeKo> i'll mention that in my talk
16:18:41 <GeKo> and have one item about that stuff on the last slide
16:18:51 <GeKo> (where there were no okr constraints :))
16:18:53 <ggus> that's okay. my okr presentation will happen in october
16:18:59 <GeKo> let me know if that works for you
16:19:15 <GeKo> if you have any feedback to those slides from your perspective, let me know
16:19:22 <ggus> we will onboard a new user support person, so i need to wait that
16:19:23 <GeKo> i am happy to make changes where needed
16:19:31 <ggus> ok!
16:19:37 <GeKo> k
16:19:57 <ggus> do you want to jump in a call to do a debrief?
16:20:26 <GeKo> hrm, hrm
16:20:27 <ggus> i have 40 minutes available before moving to a new task
16:20:51 <GeKo> i am torn between leaving early today and doing it later and doing it now
16:20:59 <GeKo> what about 1800utc?
16:21:03 <GeKo> or better 1830?
16:21:29 <ggus> i will be on a meeting with isa
16:21:44 <GeKo> 1900?
16:22:03 <ggus> wfm
16:22:21 <GeKo> great, let's chat then?
16:22:25 <GeKo> i'll ping you when i am around
16:22:32 <ggus> perfect!
16:22:43 <GeKo> maybe arma2 would even be around, too, then ;)
16:22:45 <GeKo> okay
16:22:54 <GeKo> i think that  might cover it for today
16:23:02 <GeKo> anything last minute?
16:23:10 <ggus> i'm good!
16:23:29 <GeKo> ttyl then and have a nice week
16:23:32 <GeKo> #endmeeting