16:59:08 <ahf> #startmeeting Network team meeting, 13th september 2021
16:59:08 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Sep 13 16:59:08 2021 UTC.  The chair is ahf. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:59:08 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
16:59:11 <ahf> hello everybody
16:59:14 <dgoulet> o/
16:59:18 <ahf> our pad is at https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-netteam-2021.1-keep
17:00:03 <dgoulet> I haven't filled that :(
17:00:51 <ahf> is ok, shouldn't block us unless you have a discussion item?
17:00:57 <dgoulet> nope
17:01:00 <ahf> ack ack
17:01:05 <ahf> wonder if we are more than just the two of us
17:01:10 <nickm> i'm here!
17:01:14 <ahf> hello hello!
17:01:34 <ahf> we run today as a first of the month meeting, so no s61 part at the end
17:01:47 <ahf> we had that meeting earlier today with mike and geko and jim and david and me
17:01:50 <ahf> ok!
17:01:58 <ahf> is everybody's boards looking good?
17:02:37 <nickm> (sorry I wasn't there; I was sitting in on a board meeting)
17:02:41 <nickm> I think I'm ok for now
17:02:55 <ahf> excellent, ya, i heard you were in the board meeting so was thinking you may not make it today for this meeting
17:03:28 <ahf> for release things: david and i talked a bit about what needs to be done and we have worked on getting CI into a happy mode again for all our branches so we can be a bit more comfortable with the alpha release on wednesday
17:03:45 <ahf> that was the only thing blocking us right now we think
17:03:56 <dgoulet> yeah and it is all green on your latest run! :)
17:04:00 <dgoulet> https://gitlab.torproject.org/ahf/tor/-/pipelines/12733
17:04:12 <ahf> ah! very nice, i had not noticed it got green before the meeting began
17:04:13 <ahf> very good
17:04:21 <ahf> First monday meeting each month: Look at Core Tor Releases and see if there is anything important coming up: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/team/-/wikis/NetworkTeam/CoreTorReleases
17:04:44 <ahf> i think there is nothing that needs to be updated here, except we might bump the feature freeze again or?
17:04:47 <nickm> well, there's the alpha planned for wednesday
17:05:07 <ahf> ya, the alpha is what we are talking about above
17:05:17 <nickm> one possibility is that we could declare feature freeze for non-congestion-control stuff
17:05:24 <ahf> works for me
17:05:53 <ahf> mikeperry: is that OK with you ^^
17:07:26 <ahf> i assume it's okay unless we hear anything differently
17:07:27 <ahf> ok
17:07:34 <mikeperry> yeah
17:08:04 <ahf> our backport situation looked alright i think. tor#40424 is new
17:08:24 <ahf> i think we can skip doing anything about it this week at least since we have the alpha coming up and the list isn't really expanding much
17:09:04 <nickm> after the alpha has been outa little while we'll have a better sense of stability of some potential backports
17:09:10 <ahf> yeah
17:09:26 <ahf> so i think we should just ignore this here in september and pick it up again at the first meeting in october and evaluate it there
17:09:59 <ahf> we don't have anything incoming from anti-censorship team, except for the s30 things i am on, and from network health we have some things related to the middle relay flag and a dirauth handshake failure situation, but it looks like dgoulet is on both of those
17:10:04 <ahf> so i think we are doing fine on that
17:10:23 <ahf> i don't see any discussion items
17:10:41 <ahf> i am going to go over all our OKR things tomorrow with isa, hiro and geko, but isa already had a look at the work we did thursday and she was happy with it
17:10:51 <ahf> so i am gonna slide'ify it tonight
17:10:59 <ahf> anybody who have anything else we need to chat about today?
17:11:15 * dgoulet is good
17:12:28 <ahf> nickm, mikeperry: you have anything?
17:12:59 <nickm> I don't think so
17:13:18 <mikeperry> I'm good
17:13:24 <ahf> bueno!
17:13:34 <ahf> then i think we are done \o/
17:13:36 <ahf> thanks all
17:13:38 <ahf> #endmeeting