15:01:44 <sysrqb> #startmeeting Tor Browser weekly meeting 4 October 2021
15:01:44 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Oct  4 15:01:44 2021 UTC.  The chair is sysrqb. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:01:44 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:01:57 <sysrqb> hello everyone
15:01:57 <boklm> hi
15:01:58 <richard> o/
15:01:59 <richard> hi
15:02:03 <donuts> o/
15:02:06 <GeKo> somewhat around
15:02:12 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> Hi!
15:02:12 <sysrqb> Pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-tbb-keep
15:02:20 <GeKo> (doing the parallel meeting thing)
15:02:26 <richard> nice nice
15:02:41 <GeKo> more efficient, you know
15:04:52 <richard> sysrqb: I added another fixup I meant to post earlier to the fixup chain in tor-browser#40461 (updates some about:preferences#tor styles)
15:05:51 <richard> after that all that remains of the protonification is the shared onionPattern and new identity icons
15:06:11 <donuts> a repeatable svg onion pattern now exists!
15:06:14 <donuts> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/tor-browser/-/issues/40613#note_2753711
15:06:21 <richard> yup working on integrating it now
15:06:27 <donuts> aha ty
15:07:21 <sysrqb> richard: ack. i'll review and merge that today
15:08:15 <sysrqb> donuts: i'm going to upload a macOS build, can you test that it successfully auto-updates and still works afterward?
15:08:27 <sysrqb> i'll give you a url after the meeting
15:08:45 <donuts> sysrqb: will do
15:09:03 <sysrqb> thanks
15:09:35 <sysrqb> richard: there are a couple patches on the esr91 branch that need your review
15:10:00 <sysrqb> should Ii break those out into a separate MR for you, or should i add a commnet with links to them?
15:10:01 <richard> anything apart from torsettings/torconnect?
15:10:06 <sysrqb> yes
15:10:26 <richard> a linked comment works for me
15:10:27 <sysrqb> adding/updating some search providers
15:10:46 <sysrqb> okay, i'll do that today - thanks
15:11:03 <sysrqb> (plus a couple other changes)
15:11:05 <richard> i've looked at them (ah torsettings/connect) pretty extensively at this point and they look good to me, but i'll give them one more once over
15:11:09 <sysrqb> i'll describe each of them in the comment
15:11:15 <richard> ok perfect
15:11:22 <sysrqb> cool
15:12:25 <sysrqb> boklm: i'll review tor-browser-build!351 today
15:13:03 <boklm> ok
15:15:02 <sysrqb> boklm: we also need to start working on the mozilla93 updates for android
15:15:59 <sysrqb> i'll create a ticket for that, so we can start working on it
15:16:28 <boklm> ok
15:16:56 <boklm> I can start working on it this week
15:17:18 <sysrqb> thanks
15:17:27 <sysrqb> tor-browser#40520 is the main ticket
15:17:36 <sysrqb> missing all of the subtickets
15:19:10 <sysrqb> okay, 10.5.8 (desktop) release is tomorrow
15:19:57 <sysrqb> richard: let's prep 11.0a8 later this week
15:20:27 <sysrqb> that should be based on 91.2.0esr
15:20:54 <richard> so we'll be rebasing one of your branches onto the 91.2.0esr firefox?
15:21:12 <sysrqb> yes, I already rebased it
15:21:41 <sysrqb> that's the latest branch I'm working on, now
15:21:49 <sysrqb> (bug_40461_08)
15:22:02 <richard> alright
15:22:19 <sysrqb> but i'm keeping bug_40461_07 and bug_40461_08 synchronized
15:22:44 <richard> is 07 off the previous esr then?
15:22:48 <sysrqb> yes
15:22:53 <sysrqb> that's correct
15:23:12 <sysrqb> by that I mean it's based on 91.1.0esr
15:23:15 <richard> alright, um I'll probably try the rebase myself in the AM later this week and see how far I can get/see if i can get the same end result
15:23:29 <sysrqb> sounds good
15:23:45 <richard> porfect
15:23:45 <sysrqb> there are a couple merge conflicts, so it'll be good practice anyway
15:23:55 <richard> mmhm
15:26:18 <sysrqb> okay, that's everything from me, and I don't see any discussion topics on the pad
15:26:46 <sysrqb> i'll wait another minute, in case any of you add want to add another item
15:27:06 * GeKo is good
15:27:41 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> nothing here
15:27:56 <sysrqb> alright, thanks everyone. have a good week, and happy October
15:28:01 <sysrqb> #endmeting
15:28:03 <Jeremy_Rand_Talos> thanks!
15:28:04 <sysrqb> #endmeeting