15:59:57 <GeKo> #startmeeting network health 10/03/2021
15:59:57 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Oct  4 15:59:57 2021 UTC.  The chair is GeKo. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:59:57 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
16:00:02 <GeKo> hello everyone!
16:00:08 <hiro> hello hello
16:00:10 <GeKo> new week, new meeting
16:00:14 <GeKo> pad is at http://kfahv6wfkbezjyg4r6mlhpmieydbebr5vkok5r34ya464gqz6c44bnyd.onion/p/tor-nethealthteam-2021.1-keep
16:00:27 <GeKo> please add your items and mark them bold if we should discuss them
16:00:42 <GeKo> otherwise put stuff into the discussion section as needed
16:00:58 <GeKo> ggus: around by chance?
16:03:13 <ggus> arriving
16:03:25 <GeKo> hihi
16:04:18 <GeKo> ggus: so, my plan for the eol relay contacting is to finish that tomorrow
16:04:27 <GeKo> that is to write to the remaining authors
16:04:40 <GeKo> polish my script for the .csv file(s)
16:04:47 <GeKo> fix the wiki where needed
16:05:01 <GeKo> and then write an email to tor-relays@ summarizing what we do/did
16:05:04 <GeKo> and where we are
16:05:52 <GeKo> does that sound reasonable from your pov?
16:06:25 <GeKo> i *think* i can get all of that squeezed in tomorrow, no promises, though
16:06:52 <GeKo> i guess i'll send you a draft for the tor-relays@ mail at least so we get a better email at the end
16:06:56 <ggus> GeKo: wfm. on wednesday or thursday, we could tweet about it, after you send to tor-relays@ mailing list
16:07:13 <GeKo> great, sounds good
16:07:55 <GeKo> ggus: the other thing i had for you: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/web/support/-/merge_requests/58 is ready we think
16:08:01 <GeKo> could you do the merge?
16:08:06 <GeKo> or should we ping someone else?
16:08:22 <hiro> I think emmapeel mentioned I need to have complete sentences on the same line and I was doing the 80char breaking
16:08:35 <GeKo> oh
16:08:37 <ggus> GeKo: regarding contacting relay operators: i'll need help to find 3 or 4 gpg keys. i've tried some keyservers, but couldn't find the keys. maybe you can?
16:08:42 <hiro> so I was about to fix that and after that if it could be merged that would be nice
16:09:18 <GeKo> ggus: i can try. just forward stuff where you might i can help with
16:09:35 <GeKo> *might think
16:09:49 <ggus> ack. i will check the spreadsheet and share on pvt
16:09:58 <GeKo> ack
16:12:26 <GeKo> hiro: so one thing for the collector bug useful to know would be where those descriptors that are missing come from
16:12:38 <GeKo> like where are they referenced
16:12:52 <GeKo> i think i did not see anything related in the logs i looked at
16:12:55 <GeKo> but maybe there is
16:13:34 <GeKo> at least for debugging that would help i guess as we could trace things better to votes and other documents
16:13:42 <hiro> yes a big % comes from votes
16:14:14 <GeKo> right, ideally we know from which vote
16:14:23 <GeKo> so we could look up the details there
16:14:37 <GeKo> and then look over other metrics data we have
16:14:38 <hiro> when a line in the logs start with a V it means it came from a vote. so one thing I am doing is checking which vote
16:14:59 <hiro> today I was looking at the individual relays publishing these descriptors
16:15:22 <hiro> and now I am looking at the votes from the dirauths
16:15:55 <GeKo> you mean lines like V-2021-10-02T19:00:00Z-E8A9C45EDE6D711294FADF8E7951F4DE6CA56B58 ?
16:16:00 <hiro> yes
16:16:39 <GeKo> what is the E8A9C45EDE6D711294FADF8E7951F4DE6CA56B58 referring to?
16:17:23 <hiro> that should be the vote digest if i am not mistaken
16:17:41 <GeKo> hrm
16:17:43 <GeKo> V-2021-10-02T21:00:00Z-E8A9C45EDE6D711294FADF8E7951F4DE6CA56B58
16:17:57 <GeKo> same digest at different hours?
16:18:29 <GeKo> but, anyway, i think that direction sounds promising
16:19:17 <GeKo> so we might have that mapping missing desc -> votes it came from somewhere in the logs already
16:19:31 <GeKo> great
16:20:02 <hiro> uhm let me check I don't have the full collector mapping in mind
16:20:49 <GeKo> no worries
16:20:51 <hiro> it's the directory signature
16:21:04 <hiro> in that case i believe is dizum
16:21:11 <GeKo> aha, okay
16:22:12 <GeKo> do we have anything else to dicuss today?
16:22:33 <hiro> I am good
16:23:32 <GeKo> hearing nothing. then let's end this meeting and get back to work :) thanks everyone, have a nice week!
16:23:37 <GeKo> #endmeeting