17:00:26 <ahf> #startmeeting Network team meeting, 4th october 2021
17:00:26 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Oct  4 17:00:26 2021 UTC.  The chair is ahf. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:00:26 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
17:00:28 <ahf> hello hello
17:00:34 <nickm> hi hi
17:00:37 <ahf> our pad is at https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-netteam-2021.1-keep
17:00:38 <dgoulet> hi
17:01:11 <jnewsome> o/
17:01:32 * ahf behind on pad update
17:01:35 <ahf> ok
17:01:40 <ahf> today is the long meeting
17:01:50 <ahf> are everybody's dashboards looking good?
17:02:03 <dgoulet> yes
17:02:10 <nickm> yes except for being on this guard thing for so long
17:02:15 <nickm> (it's harder than I'd thought)
17:02:33 <ahf> if it's harder then it might not have been for too long! :-)
17:02:41 <nickm> :)
17:03:01 <ahf> jnewsome: you know which arti things you wanna dive into or otherwise sync with nickm about them?
17:03:43 <jnewsome> ahf we touched base a little bit last week - going to try getting arti running in a small shadow integration test
17:03:53 <ahf> ya, sounds awesome
17:04:30 <ahf> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/team/-/wikis/NetworkTeam/CoreTorReleases <- does our release page look right? i wonder if we should ... maybe change the feature freeze to something more eleborate about the current situation
17:04:36 <ahf> dgoulet: some of the CC code is in now, right?
17:04:44 <ahf> or will land this week?
17:04:45 <dgoulet> ahf: correct, tpo#40450 is in
17:04:49 <ahf> sweet
17:04:52 <dgoulet> but not enabled
17:04:56 <ahf> so maybe we could aim for it to be 15th of october?
17:04:58 <dgoulet> one needs a custom patch to enable it
17:05:07 <dgoulet> oh we still have much to do :S
17:05:13 <dgoulet> that is negotiation
17:05:24 <ahf> ok, so maybe change feature freeze date to be a bit unknown? "Q4 2021" ?
17:05:43 <dgoulet> yeah... not entirely sure when that will be in but very much likely this month
17:06:00 <ahf> ok, let's not give too high hopes then. setting it to Q4 2021 for now
17:06:43 <ahf> ok done
17:06:53 <ahf> ok, otherwise looks chill
17:06:54 <dgoulet> ahf: another thing
17:07:01 <ahf> yep?
17:07:10 <dgoulet> we need to sync a bit with TB team for the next maintained stable releases for HSv2 removal
17:07:22 <dgoulet> those are likely our next releases imo
17:07:26 <ahf> ya, and then do a TON of releases for that arrival?
17:07:34 <dgoulet> 2
17:07:36 <dgoulet> 035 and 045
17:08:03 <ahf> ah, not too bad - the disabling patch is already in main and 0.4.6? or do we not care about 0.4.6 because of no support?
17:08:26 <dgoulet> correct, main and 046 have HSv2 code *removed* ... the patch for 035 and 045 are just safeguards to stop it
17:08:31 <ahf> perfect
17:08:33 <dgoulet> so we only care about 035 and 045
17:08:52 <ahf> i think from the conversatio with matt last week that they are only a bit behind on schedule for their release?
17:09:00 <dgoulet> yup
17:09:05 <dgoulet> shouldn't be too hard to follow them
17:09:12 <dgoulet> we just need to be wise with regards to open backports
17:09:57 <ahf> ya
17:10:07 <ahf> which brings us to the next topic
17:10:17 <ahf> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/tor/-/issues?scope=all&utf8=%E2%9C%93&state=opened&label_name[]=Backport
17:10:56 <ahf> is there any of these that we should consider for the next backporting round? some of them haven't baked long
17:11:14 <ahf> tor#40424 is something we are still unsure about for example
17:11:49 <dgoulet> I think all those: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/tor/-/merge_requests?scope=all&state=opened&label_name[]=Backport
17:12:24 <ahf> hm, yeah
17:12:30 <ahf> there are some in there we should absolutely backport
17:12:45 <ahf> maybe you and i should set some time off to go through these this week?
17:12:50 <dgoulet> yes
17:12:51 <ahf> and get some of them landed
17:12:53 <dgoulet> lets do that
17:12:56 <ahf> ok, sounds good
17:13:56 <ahf> we have tpo/team#20 as a ticket we created that i have two items on my todo list for: updating tor.git's readme to mention that we focus on client features in arti right now and an update on the same to tor-dev@
17:13:59 <ahf> err
17:14:01 <ahf> tpo/core/team#20
17:14:42 <ahf> ok
17:15:06 <ahf> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/tor/-/merge_requests?scope=all&state=opened&reviewer_username=triage-bot - these are tickets with triage bot as reviewer
17:15:13 <ahf> which is usually something we do when something is stuck
17:15:16 <ahf> or not ready for review yet
17:15:45 <ahf> tor!443 is leaving that state this week. tor!420 is a bit the same?
17:15:56 <ahf> tor!332 we still have nobody who have tested?
17:16:34 <dgoulet> I'll close tor!365 ... the branch exists in my repository so we won't loose it but no point on staying open.
17:16:37 <nickm> right; tcc is kinda fringe for our usecases
17:17:02 <ahf> we want to leave it there? it has been stuck there for 6 months
17:17:13 <ahf> i'd think we can close it for now and bring it up if it becomes relevant again?
17:17:16 <nickm> okay
17:17:22 <dgoulet> +1
17:18:41 <ahf> i'd also close tor!273 if we aren't gonna backport?
17:18:59 <nickm> seems ok to me
17:19:09 <ahf> done
17:19:26 <ahf> ok, that is some fine cleanup
17:19:52 <ahf> looks like we have ACT and NHT team tickets under control
17:20:14 <ahf> ok!
17:20:27 <ahf> and we have no discussion items or announcements. on thursday we need to talk about new team members joining
17:20:37 <ahf> does anybody have anything they want to talk about today? :-)
17:20:51 <nickm> ahf: At our roadmapping meeting on thursday we talked about a lot of things where we said...
17:20:58 <nickm> ... "we should make sure that we do x"
17:21:06 <nickm> do we have a list of those, or did we open tickets or something?
17:21:36 <ahf> it's all in https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/team/-/wikis/Roadmap thanks to gaba
17:21:42 <nickm> whoa cool
17:21:45 <nickm> thanks to gaba indeed!
17:22:43 <ahf> there are some things where we need to go over it with some references to the actionable part of the task
17:22:45 <ahf> i haven't done that yet
17:24:05 <ahf> ok - anything else we need to dive into?
17:24:37 <ahf> otherwise i'd say we return to whatever we wanted to do before we got moved into the meeting 8)
17:24:46 <nickm> yay
17:24:47 <dgoulet> great
17:24:50 <ahf> awesome
17:24:51 <ahf> thanks folk
17:24:53 <ahf> #endmeeting