13:59:52 <ggus> #startmeeting Community Team meeting October 19 2021
13:59:52 <MeetBot> Meeting started Tue Oct 19 13:59:52 2021 UTC.  The chair is ggus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:59:52 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
13:59:56 <ggus> hello! o/
13:59:57 <nah> o/
14:00:03 <championquizzer> hello! \o/
14:00:17 <skoech[m]> Hello!
14:00:48 <ggus> next week our meeting will be on Monday, 1400 UTC.
14:00:59 <ggus> lemme get our pad
14:01:36 <ggus> here's our meeting pad, please update and we can chat in some minutes: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-community-team-2021-keep (please write on the chat when you're done)
14:02:48 <ggus> feel free to add more topics to the agenda
14:06:12 <emmapeel> ey, sorry i am on another meeting, i am online if you need me
14:08:08 <championquizzer> done
14:09:41 <ggus> let's start
14:09:58 <ggus> - Forum soft release: Moderation training reschedule to this Friday
14:10:49 <ggus> alright, so the trainer can only the moderation training on thursday or friday. I can't do on Thursday.
14:11:07 <ggus> Friday 1400 UTC work for you?
14:11:21 <championquizzer> sgtm
14:12:04 <emmapeel> yes
14:12:31 <ggus> duncan[m]: nah: ^
14:12:50 <championquizzer> donuts: ^
14:12:52 <donuts> hello! checking...
14:13:07 <donuts> don't worry, there's a comprehensive duncan alert system in place :)
14:13:32 <championquizzer> ha! :)
14:13:38 <donuts> 1400 UTC on Friday works for me
14:13:51 <ggus> great!
14:14:11 <ggus> i will email tor internal rescheduling the training
14:15:10 <ggus> Since we're changing the moderation training day, i'll push the forum soft launch to Monday.
14:15:29 <nah> gus[m]: yes!
14:15:32 <nah> thanks!
14:15:51 <ggus> Our next topic: Check and edit all categories descriptions
14:16:03 <ggus> championquizzer: do you want to share an update on this task?
14:16:28 <championquizzer> on support i have added descriptions for the most of the sub categories
14:16:50 <championquizzer> i have drafts for the remaining ones and will push them this week
14:17:20 <championquizzer> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/community/support/-/issues/40041#note_2753900
14:17:43 <ggus> outreachies, you can check our new user support forum here: https://forum.torproject.net/ (sign up is closed at the moment)
14:18:22 <miko> on it ggus
14:18:33 <Buchi[m]> ggus: Alright!
14:18:44 <skoech[m]> On it.
14:19:39 <ggus> outreachies: we're planning to soft release next week, and then you will be able to create an account.
14:20:00 <ggus> championquizzer: great! can we have the descriptions ready before the mod training on friday?
14:20:32 <championquizzer> yes! will finish by today/tomorrow
14:20:50 <ggus> nah: donuts: some UX categories are still missing the description. for example: https://forum.torproject.net/t/about-the-tor-browser-alpha-feedback-category/31 https://forum.torproject.net/t/about-the-tor-browser-feedback-category/32
14:20:51 <Buchi[m]> ggus: Great
14:21:37 <championquizzer> nah: donuts: i can do those ones too ^. just lmk :)
14:22:23 <donuts> Ah, thanks championquizzer – yes please!
14:22:30 <donuts> (unless nah wants to)
14:22:52 <nah> championquizzer: that would be great, thank you :)
14:23:22 <ggus> cool!
14:24:24 <ggus> our next topic: - Community Team OKRs
14:24:51 <ggus> this wednesday i will talk about our team OKRs during All hands
14:25:06 <ggus> today i finished a first version of the presentation and i will email you
14:25:12 <championquizzer> nice
14:25:24 <ggus> emmapeel: i need to catch up with you about weblate plans
14:25:58 <ggus> ping me when you're free
14:26:25 <emmapeel> ok, around 18UTC i will
14:27:19 <ggus> here's our presentation: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bIk3TPEnz8fc4GwNJRxldlM5YCw49VY_dxZuamdW7dI/edit?usp=sharing
14:28:07 <ggus> championquizzer: we should discuss about O1. k2
14:28:10 <ggus> and RT backlog
14:29:11 <championquizzer> yes
14:29:38 <championquizzer> ok, so right now i am juggling between relatively old tickets and the newer ones
14:30:57 <championquizzer> the aim is to minimize our response time and moreover close more 'open' tickets in the RT
14:31:16 <championquizzer> i am happy with the progress but it's still not optimal
14:31:27 <ggus> shall we close the tickets from 2020?
14:31:52 <championquizzer> for general questions about Tor i would like to respond
14:32:08 <championquizzer> we can close Tor Browser related rickets?
14:32:35 <ggus> we could use a template saying "Sorry about the delay, but check our super new and cool user support forum"
14:32:38 <championquizzer> (because those are for very old version of TB anyway)
14:32:48 <ggus> yes, we should close it
14:33:02 <championquizzer> ggus: +1 about the template
14:33:09 <ggus> many of tbb bugs were fixed
14:33:15 <championquizzer> yes
14:34:33 <ggus> today i have a meeting with isa to discuss OKRs. and i will share the final version of this document before tomorrow all hands
14:35:09 <ggus> championquizzer: emmapeel: if you want to edit or have suggestions about the OKR document, ping me
14:35:59 <championquizzer> will comment on the email thread
14:36:06 <ggus> i will move to the other topic if it's okay
14:36:09 <ggus> championquizzer: thank you!
14:36:43 <ggus> Our next topic: - Bridges campaign in November
14:37:11 <ggus> As part of sponsor work, we will run a bridge campaign: obfs4 and snowflake.
14:37:47 <ggus> last time (2019?) we had a bridge campaign and a result of ~100 new bridges
14:38:09 <ggus> lemme find the ticket
14:39:14 <ggus> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/community/outreach/-/issues/30777
14:40:58 <ggus> and the summary is very interesting: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/community/outreach/-/issues/30777#note_2560560
14:42:24 <championquizzer> very nice
14:42:47 <championquizzer> is there a ticket for the upcoming campaign?
14:43:40 <ggus> championquizzer: now we have one! https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/community/outreach/-/issues/30777#note_2560560
14:43:43 <ggus> ops
14:43:47 <ggus> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/community/relays/-/issues/24
14:44:18 <championquizzer> great!
14:45:44 <ggus> i thought about reaching out to some ISPs and ask them vouchers. but dunno if it's a good idea. In November there's also "cybermonday", where people can purchase cheap online services
14:48:08 <ggus> if you have ideas how to incentivize or encourage others to run bridges, please add to this ticket
14:48:22 <ggus> we will probably need a designer to do some banners for us
14:49:32 <ggus> as we only have only 10 minutes, i will jump into the next topic: welcome outreachies!
14:49:38 <Buchi[m]> ggus: Uhm..website banner?
14:49:50 <ggus> Buchi[m]: no, a banner for the blog
14:50:01 <ggus> because on the website we will have the year end campaign happening
14:50:30 <championquizzer> yeah, and social media too I believe?
14:50:38 <ggus> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/web/donate-static/-/issues/47
14:50:42 <hackerncoder> :)
14:50:45 <ggus> championquizzer: and social media!
14:51:33 <Buchi[m]> If properly guided  I can deliver on that.
14:51:33 <Buchi[m]> A design brief maybe?
14:51:39 <ggus> outreachies: do you have questions about the project? how are you doing with the tasks?
14:51:50 <miko> can i contribute to the bridge incentivization campaign? I have a few ideas... I can contribute banners and graphics too :D
14:52:10 <miko> for the outreachy task i have a question
14:53:16 <miko> when data "hops" between relays (are they called hops) - is it faster/better for the network in some way if the relays are geographically close?
14:53:16 <ggus> Buchi[m]: miko: i will add more info about the campaign on the ticket. then feel free to create a gitlab account and comment there. :)
14:53:54 <ggus> miko: it will be faster, yes
14:54:02 <skoech[m]> I'd like to contribute to the bridge incentivization campaign as well.
14:54:33 <miko> thanks! for both the answers. that's all from me for now
14:54:59 <Buchi[m]> ggus: Okay. alright.
14:55:26 <skoech[m]> And I have a quick question: what exactly does operator/relay diversity entail, and how do you ensure it.
14:55:35 <skoech[m]> ?*
14:56:41 <ggus> there are many aspects of it: operating system, ISP, country...
14:57:37 <skoech[m]> Ah, okay. Thanks.
14:58:39 <ggus> you can learn more watching this talk that ahf[m] and GeKo did last year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBjZOvA2kF4
14:58:55 <championquizzer> also: https://community.torproject.org/relay/technical-considerations/#as/location-diversity
14:59:33 <skoech[m]> Cool! Thanks ggus ,championquizzer .
15:00:14 <ggus> alright people, we are at the hour. i'm closing this meeting. feel free to talk on #tor-www
15:00:23 <ggus> thanks everyone for joining us today! o/
15:00:29 <championquizzer> thanks all! o/
15:00:30 <ggus> #endmeeting