13:59:40 <ggus> #startmeeting Community Team meeting - November 1 2021
13:59:40 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Nov  1 13:59:40 2021 UTC.  The chair is ggus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:59:40 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
13:59:45 <ggus> hello o/
14:00:07 <ggus> here's our meeting pad, please add your updates: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-community-team-2021-keep
14:00:07 <championquizzer> hello all! \o/
14:00:19 <Shreya> hii
14:00:25 <emmapeel> o/
14:00:25 <ggus> and feel free to add more topics to discuss
14:00:26 <nah> o/
14:00:35 <Buchi[m]> Hello
14:03:02 <emmapeel> ey there
14:05:47 <ggus> let's start!
14:05:58 <ggus> * Forum official release pending tasks
14:06:08 <ggus> Today we're launching the new Tor Forum!
14:06:21 <emmapeel> yay!
14:06:23 <ggus> here's the blog post: https://blog.torproject.org/tor-forum-a-new-discussion-platform
14:06:23 <championquizzer> woohoo!
14:06:39 <Shreya> yayy!
14:06:46 <emmapeel> y yo con estos pelos!
14:07:20 <ggus> there are still a few things to update on the websites
14:07:40 <emmapeel> ggus: shall i open a ticket about the twitter image?
14:08:03 <ggus> emmapeel: or a topic forum in > feedback / forum
14:08:22 <emmapeel> ok, ill do a topic
14:08:25 <emmapeel> thanks
14:08:26 <ggus> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/community/support/-/issues/40046
14:08:35 <ggus> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/web/community/-/issues/237
14:08:47 <Buchi[m]> ggus: wow...🙃
14:09:32 <championquizzer> yes this on my plate this week ^. But some are good first contribution tickets and if anyone would like to help please ping me! :)
14:10:32 <ggus> thanks championquizzer!
14:11:28 <ggus> i also enabled GitHub and Discord logins, so people don't need to create new credentials for the forum.
14:12:47 <ggus> https://forum.torproject.net/t/enable-github-login-and-other-platforms/286/3
14:13:44 <ggus> i think that's all about the official Tor Forum release. people are good?
14:14:18 <championquizzer> i think we should briefly discuss about the soft launch period and how it went
14:14:28 <ggus> okk
14:14:41 <ggus> would you like to start?
14:15:32 <championquizzer> we haven't run into any issues with respect to moderation, barring one person which ggus dealt with (ty!)
14:16:05 <championquizzer> we have been quick in the whole moderation process as well i.e approving posts and accounts
14:16:34 <championquizzer> i look forward to how it goes when we migrate blog comments to the forum :)
14:16:39 <Shreya> yup, I just signed up and got approved in seconds
14:17:04 <ggus> tor people! <3
14:18:14 <ggus> we also had some people arguing about selfhosting vs 3rd hosting (Discourse). See: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2021-October/045780.html
14:19:23 <ggus> we should talk with TPA and see how we can selfhost the Discourse forum
14:19:48 <ggus> but it's a project for the next year
14:19:55 <ggus> (imo)
14:20:26 <championquizzer> yes. +1 on having this discussion
14:21:20 <ggus> fwiw, we have some services that are not selfhosted, eg, IRC
14:21:35 <ggus> and even the blog
14:23:01 <ggus> emmapeel and others, do you have any feedback that you would like to share? (first week of the forum)
14:23:40 <ggus> i also created this issue: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/community/support/-/issues/40045
14:23:46 <emmapeel> people seems to like it
14:26:50 <ggus> ok, anything else about the forum soft release?
14:27:20 <Buchi[m]> <Shreya> "yup, I just signed up and got..." <- yea... about this I feel the sign up form could be better, currently, there is only one password field without a "confirm password" or better still we can enable show password by using "eye icon" that a user can  toggle on or off as they type just be sure, since the password field requires a 10 character long password.
14:27:20 <Buchi[m]> A suggestion though.
14:28:51 <ggus> i can review the login configuration and check if there's an option to let you toggle on/off
14:29:55 <championquizzer> if not, i think this can be a good suggestion for discourse folks as well. And we learnt from deeplow that they are quite responsive with suggestions and feedback :)
14:30:35 <championquizzer> (https://meta.discourse.org/)
14:31:33 <Buchi[m]> ggus: great. :)
14:32:05 <ggus> ok, moving to the last topic
14:32:11 <ggus> End of Outreachy contribution period:
14:32:18 <ggus> - Note: Nov. 5, 2021 4pm UTC is the deadline for applicants to record contributions and create a final application.
14:32:28 <Shreya> yepp
14:32:41 <Shreya> Please review my documents
14:32:52 <ggus> important: i will be offline between wednesday - friday. if you have questions, ask me before end of tuesday
14:33:03 <Shreya> suree
14:33:10 <ggus> Shreya: where can i review your docs? did you share with me?
14:33:34 <Shreya> should I share it here for the team to see?
14:33:41 <ggus> to submit your final application, you must send a timeline for your internship
14:33:58 <ggus> Shreya: you can upload to google docs or github gist and send to my email
14:33:59 <Shreya> I've created a timeline as well
14:34:08 <Shreya> okay
14:34:10 <ggus> great!
14:34:14 <Shreya> doing it now
14:34:33 <Buchi[m]> ggus: please, how do you mean timeline?
14:35:34 <championquizzer> Buchi[m]: a rough timeline of how you see your project will pan out in the three months
14:35:39 <ggus> " The final application will include a timeline of the work to be done during the internship, and it's expected that applicants will work with mentors to define that timeline, taking into account any time commitments the applicant has."
14:37:04 <Buchi[m]> championquizzer: Alright, Thank you ggus.
14:37:44 <ggus> how are you doing with the project tasks?
14:38:12 <ggus> some applicants asked feedback about their tasks and i'm a little bit behind
14:38:28 <ggus> but i will do that today
14:38:51 <ggus> if you shared your task on google docs, please remember to give me permission to add comments
14:39:34 <Shreya> ggus: sent!
14:39:57 <ggus> thank you, Shreya
14:40:17 <Shreya> :)
14:41:44 <ggus> Shreya: regarding this note ->  Working on this issue- https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/ux/design/-/issues/12
14:41:54 <Buchi[m]> <ggus> "" The final application will..." <- Okay ggus.. I will get in touch with you after the meeting to plan timeline.
14:42:09 <ggus> you don't need to work on other Tor UX issues during the contribution period.
14:42:25 <Shreya> oh, I didn't know
14:42:45 <Shreya> I'm half-way through, so I might as well complete it
14:43:05 <ggus> yeah, it's 'only' 3 tasks that we added on the Outreachy page.
14:43:15 <ggus> Shreya: cool!
14:43:57 <emmapeel> i have some localization updates
14:44:12 <ggus> please emmapeel, go ahead :)
14:44:36 <emmapeel> i did some changes to the tests page and it is easier to use now: https://tpo.pages.torproject.net/community/l10n/ and it has more tests
14:45:04 <emmapeel> also now we get information about the completion of enabled languages when we push to master
14:45:13 <emmapeel> although i need to document that
14:46:00 <ggus> lots of broken strings :(
14:46:20 <emmapeel> a bit. but many languages are still not published
14:46:30 <ggus> but happy to see an easy to check that!
14:47:00 <emmapeel> if you click on 'fix' you get to the string to fix
14:47:15 <emmapeel> actually there were many more strings on friday, but i fixed a lot :D:D
14:47:33 <ggus> mind blown!
14:47:38 <ggus> great work, emmapeel!
14:47:38 <championquizzer> great work, emmapeel!
14:47:56 <emmapeel> the gamification of l10n :D
14:50:22 <ggus> anything else for today?
14:51:29 <emmapeel> only that next l10n hangout we will discuss a policy
14:51:38 <emmapeel> for deciding how to translate words
14:51:57 <emmapeel> https://forum.torproject.net/t/language-accords-style-and-other-decisions-about-translations-for-each-language/88/7
14:52:01 <emmapeel> more information there
14:52:08 <ggus> when we will have the next l10n hangout?
14:52:13 <emmapeel> but it has some particularities, so we are deciding a formal project
14:52:26 <championquizzer> 19th nov
14:52:31 <emmapeel> next l10n hangout is Nov. 19th
14:52:45 <ggus> ok, we can discuss more next week :)
14:53:08 <emmapeel> yes, sure. but if you have any opinions about this, please comment on the thread
14:53:20 <championquizzer> https://forum.torproject.net/t/language-accords-style-and-other-decisions-about-translations-for-each-language/88
14:55:34 <ggus> if we don't have any other topic, i will stop the bot
14:55:48 <championquizzer> thanks all! have a good week :)
14:55:55 <Shreya> cya :)
14:55:57 <ggus> thanks! o//
14:56:03 <ggus> #endmeeting