16:00:30 <GeKo> #startmeeting network-health 11/01/2021
16:00:30 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Nov  1 16:00:30 2021 UTC.  The chair is GeKo. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:00:30 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
16:00:35 <GeKo> hello everyone!
16:01:06 <ggus> hi
16:01:14 <GeKo> https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-nethealthteam-2021.1-keep is our pad
16:01:27 <GeKo> i heard there is an .onion service available for it, too :)
16:02:06 <GeKo> please add your items on the pad as you see fit
16:03:15 <hiro> o/
16:05:29 <GeKo> okay, let's get started
16:05:48 <GeKo> irl: you have an item marked bold
16:06:11 <irl> i'm not sure if georgia is here, so if not then we can ignore it just now
16:06:18 <irl> could be a timezone thing
16:06:19 <GeKo> georgia[m]: ^
16:06:38 <GeKo> right
16:06:44 <georgia[m]> hi! i'm sort of here — i'm technically double booked because I wasn't sure about the meeting time
16:06:52 <georgia[m]> I can send an update later today
16:06:55 <GeKo> aha
16:07:08 <GeKo> we said 1600utc iirc
16:07:23 <GeKo> but, yes, if you could send that update that would be nice
16:07:33 <GeKo> ideally with an answer to irl's issue
16:07:39 <GeKo> thanks
16:07:39 <irl> yep, that will solve my bold item probably
16:08:00 <GeKo> okay
16:08:10 <GeKo> i've not much to report in particular
16:08:18 <GeKo> i am still fetching eol relays on a weekly basis
16:08:24 <GeKo> and contact operators
16:08:43 <GeKo> i sent mail to tor-relays@ setting the deadline for upgrade to 12/01/2021
16:08:46 <georgia[m]> yes — will do! i was out of office on Friday, so I'm catching up
16:08:51 <GeKo> should be plenty of time
16:10:10 <GeKo> hiro: for the geoip data issue: those relays are not running anymore
16:10:21 <hiro> ah ok
16:10:24 <GeKo> my idea was to look up their ip addresses from past descriptors
16:10:36 <hiro> ok
16:10:39 <GeKo> and check what the upgraded database is now saying to them
16:10:47 <GeKo> but i won't get to that this week anymore
16:11:06 <GeKo> otherwise i am fine closing the ticket and then re-opening if needed
16:11:09 <irl> you can force onionoo to give you the last known details document for a relay even after the two weeks it holds on to them
16:11:14 <irl> saves you looking up descriptors
16:11:27 <GeKo> tell me more?
16:11:52 <hiro> I know it's on memory but i didn't know we could force it in the API!
16:12:26 <irl> it's the "fingerprint" parameter
16:12:47 <GeKo> aha
16:12:53 <irl> > The fingerprint parameter is special here, because it allows selecting a specific relay or bridge, regardless of whether it has been running in the past week.
16:13:03 <GeKo> nice
16:13:19 <GeKo> i *think* i don't have fingerprints for those relays, though
16:13:29 <GeKo> i remember looking them up via contact info last time
16:13:43 <GeKo> hrm
16:13:56 <irl> i guess you can also just login to the onionoo host and grep -R
16:14:06 <GeKo> but that's good to know, irl
16:14:08 <hiro> that's what I usally do
16:14:10 <GeKo> right
16:14:11 <hiro> hehe
16:14:14 <GeKo> ;)
16:14:30 <GeKo> okay, do we have anything else for today?
16:14:50 <GeKo> i'll be afk for the rest of the week
16:14:59 <GeKo> and will be back on monday
16:15:22 <hiro> I am good
16:15:33 <irl> i'm good
16:15:34 <hiro> enjoy your time off GeKo
16:15:49 <GeKo> irl: looking at your graph: nice!
16:15:54 <GeKo> hiro: thanks!
16:16:41 <GeKo> oh, we should decide what to do about the meeting time
16:16:53 <GeKo> it seems the network team prefers keeping utc
16:17:29 <GeKo> would it work if we kept utc as well?
16:17:34 <GeKo> that is just 1600utc?
16:17:37 <hiro> works for me
16:17:41 <irl> works for me too
16:17:48 <GeKo> ggus: ^
16:17:51 <irl> i get to do the meeting *before* the end of the work day (:
16:17:57 <irl> luxury
16:18:27 <GeKo> heh
16:18:27 <ggus> yep, wfm
16:18:37 <GeKo> okay, let's keep it at 1600utc then
16:18:42 <GeKo> georgia[m]: ^
16:18:55 <GeKo> thanks everyone for this short sync and have a nice week!
16:18:59 <GeKo> #endmeeting