14:59:30 <sysrqb> #startmeeting Tor Browser weekly meeting 8 November 2021
14:59:30 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Nov  8 14:59:30 2021 UTC.  The chair is sysrqb. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:59:30 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
14:59:55 <sysrqb> o/ (may be 30 seconds early)
14:59:59 <donuts> o/
15:00:00 <sysrqb> anyway, hello everyone
15:00:23 <boklm> hi!
15:00:27 <sysrqb> Pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-tbb-keep
15:01:12 <richard> o/
15:04:56 <sysrqb> donuts: i'll update web/tpo!140 shortly after this meeting
15:05:32 <donuts> thanks sysrqb, there's an unpublished blog post sitting in drupal too that'll need the same update (and the final changelog added) whenever you get a sec
15:06:05 <sysrqb> thanks, i'll look over those, too
15:06:10 <donuts> thanks!
15:08:21 <sysrqb> Alright
15:08:58 <sysrqb> I hope everyone had a nice weekend
15:09:27 <sysrqb> This week should be relatively simple
15:09:41 <sysrqb> we're planning 11.0 release today
15:09:50 <donuts> \o/
15:09:59 <boklm> \o/
15:10:05 <sysrqb> we may have a 11.0.1 release at the end of this week, if there are any critical issues we need to solve
15:10:12 <sysrqb> but we'll see what happens
15:10:33 <sysrqb> indeed, this is exciting :)
15:10:52 <sysrqb> donuts: i'll coordinate publishing the packages with you later today
15:11:02 <sysrqb> (with comms)
15:11:11 <donuts> sounds good
15:12:00 <sysrqb> does anyone have any questions/concerns about this release?
15:12:41 * sysrqb assumes not
15:12:56 <sysrqb> donuts: are there any YEC updates planned?
15:13:06 <sysrqb> other than updating the localized svg?
15:13:11 <donuts> I noticed blockchair searches were returning errors in the RC, assuming that's an issue on their end?
15:13:22 <donuts> Nope, no new YEC updates planned for this week
15:13:37 <emmapeel> ey there!
15:13:57 <sysrqb> for blockchair, yeah, I believe that's something they need to fix
15:14:16 <sysrqb> donuts: are there any YEC updates planned in the next couple of weeks?
15:14:19 <sysrqb> emmapeel: hi!
15:14:54 <donuts> not other than possible updates to the strings in the SVG
15:15:05 <sysrqb> okay, great
15:15:06 <donuts> re: blockchair, I wonder if we should note that in the release post(s)
15:15:19 <donuts> (if it's not resolved by the release itself)
15:16:08 <sysrqb> yes, we should add something about how this new search provider isn't working right now
15:16:19 <sysrqb> seems like a good idea :)
15:16:59 <donuts> ha yes :)
15:18:24 <emmapeel> just wanted to mention that the tpo website repository has moved to gitlab: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/web/tpo/ and it is not clear yet how it will be with the access but you should send MRs there for the time being. oh, and also taht we edited the versions.ini on Saturday because users reported that the link to download the TBB alpha was not working :
15:18:29 <emmapeel> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/web/tpo/-/merge_requests/139/diffs
15:19:02 * GeKo is somewhat around, hi!
15:19:29 <sysrqb> emmapeel: thanks, i was going to ask about that today
15:19:43 <sysrqb> i'll use MRs
15:19:51 <sysrqb> o/
15:20:32 <hackerncoder> (I'll restate that Android still points at a8, which isn't on dist)
15:21:29 <sysrqb> thanks hackerncoder
15:23:40 <sysrqb> I think that's everything for this meeting
15:23:57 <sysrqb> i'll wait another minute in case someone wants to add another discussion item
15:24:32 <ggus> sysrqb: i have a quick topic
15:24:42 <ggus> this week we will start the blog migration
15:24:46 <sysrqb> o/
15:25:11 <sysrqb> that's very exciting!
15:25:22 <ggus> and the comments will live now on the new forum
15:26:02 <ggus> dunno if you want to add a note on the blog post saying something about the forum
15:26:12 <ggus> like inviting people to move the conversation to there
15:26:32 <sysrqb> donuts: ^
15:26:38 <sysrqb> yes, that sounds like a good idea to me
15:26:45 <donuts> ggus: so close the comments on the blog, and link to the release post on the forum instead?
15:27:11 <donuts> or keep blog comments open too?
15:27:31 <ggus> donuts: i think it's a good idea, because the drupal blog will stop working soon-ish
15:28:15 <sysrqb> okay, then let's close comments on the blog
15:28:22 <sysrqb> that's sounds smart
15:28:32 <donuts> yep sounds good, thanks ggus!
15:28:53 <ggus> thank you, donuts and sysrqb! lemme know if you need help to create a new topic on the forum
15:29:09 <donuts> will do :)
15:29:39 <sysrqb> thanks ggus
15:30:51 <sysrqb> Okay, thanks everyone! Have a good week
15:30:57 <sysrqb> #endmeeting