16:00:05 <GeKo> #startmeeting network-health 11/09/2021
16:00:05 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Nov  8 16:00:05 2021 UTC.  The chair is GeKo. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:00:05 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
16:00:11 <GeKo> welcome!
16:00:54 <GeKo> i am still another meeting
16:00:57 <GeKo> *in
16:01:07 <hiro> should we postpone 5/10 minutes?
16:01:14 <irl[m]> hi
16:01:22 <hiro> 'ello
16:01:23 <GeKo> 5 min maybe
16:01:34 <GeKo> but everyone could add stuff to the pad already
16:01:46 <acute> hi
16:01:54 <hiro> sure could you paste the pad again?
16:02:00 <GeKo> sec
16:02:02 <hiro> o/ acute
16:02:37 <GeKo> http://kfahv6wfkbezjyg4r6mlhpmieydbebr5vkok5r34ya464gqz6c44bnyd.onion/p/tor-nethealthteam-2021.1-keep
16:02:54 <hiro> thanks!
16:04:04 <gaba> o/
16:04:13 <GeKo> https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-nethealthteam-2021.1-keep
16:04:22 <georgia[m]> GeKo: thank you! i was about to ask
16:04:26 <GeKo> :)
16:12:00 <GeKo> okay
16:12:05 <GeKo> now, sorry folks
16:12:21 <GeKo> i see nothing is marked bold
16:12:42 <GeKo> is there any item in the updates list that we should talk about, though?
16:12:49 <irl[m]> georgia: it would be good to know the timeline for getting the wireframes, ideally those can come along before wednesday morning
16:13:02 <ggus> hello
16:13:42 <georgia[m]> irl[m]: we've changed which documents we were wireframing in, so we will get that organized and shared ASAP
16:14:10 <irl[m]> ok thanks
16:15:40 <GeKo> i see only one item in the discussion section
16:16:00 <GeKo> and i think that's a leftover from last week, right?
16:16:07 <irl[m]> yeah that's my bad copy and paste
16:16:16 <GeKo> that is, we already agreed to be happy with keeping th utc time
16:16:20 <irl[m]> we can discuss it if we need to meet the meeting quota
16:16:27 <GeKo> aha, good
16:16:31 <GeKo> yeah
16:16:33 <GeKo> :)
16:17:19 <GeKo> irl[m]: could you forward the design document you received from simply secure?
16:17:33 <GeKo> or maybe i am suppsoed to have it somewhere which i don't remember
16:17:38 <GeKo> sorry in that case
16:17:48 <georgia[m]> GeKo I'll send it to everyone! At the moment — I forgot to update on the email thread that I added to the existing google doc
16:18:08 <hiro> yeah looking forward to see the design docs
16:18:11 <georgia[m]> i'll grab the link to the google doc and put it in the notes
16:18:14 <hiro> sorry btw got disconnected for a bit
16:18:30 <GeKo> georgia[m]: great
16:18:38 <GeKo> that's even better :)
16:19:09 <georgia[m]> re: design doc — we are aiming to have a figma document where everything is. at the moment we are working in balsamiq and miro, but figma is better!
16:19:32 <georgia[m]> i did want to ask duncan about tools/documents for documentation longer term
16:20:00 <GeKo> sounds good. i think there is no coherent tor strategy regarding that
16:20:21 <GeKo> but, yes, asking duncon for the ux related parts sounds like a good idea
16:20:43 <georgia[m]> is duncan just "duncan" on irc/matrix?
16:20:51 <irl[m]> georgia: are you building on https://styleguide.torproject.org/ ?
16:20:58 <ggus> georgia[m]: duncan is donuts
16:20:59 <donuts> hi georgia[m]! duncan here :)
16:20:59 <georgia[m]> irl[m]: that is the plan! yes!
16:21:12 <georgia[m]> that was my other guess!
16:21:18 <GeKo> not sure about donuts on matrix :)
16:21:29 <georgia[m]> donuts I'll follow up about files/tools etc
16:21:46 <donuts> sounds great, ty!
16:22:41 <georgia[m]> at the moment what we are working at much lower fidelity than the styleguide, but the idea is that there will also be additional visualization guidelines added to the styleguide as one of the final deliverables from us
16:23:01 <ggus> hiro: i will check the grafana dashboard today
16:23:05 <hiro> nice
16:23:08 <hiro> thanks ggus
16:23:42 <irl[m]> georgia[m]: that's awesome. this is something i had discussed with antonela before but never had time to do.
16:23:48 <hiro> _oftc_georgia[m]: having visualization guidelines would be very helpful for anything else we would liketo do in the future
16:23:57 <georgia[m]> yes exactly!
16:24:20 <georgia[m]> I also put in the notes some resources that a member of the matplotlib team shared with me
16:24:25 <georgia[m]> in case that's helpful to anyone!
16:24:36 <GeKo> thanks
16:24:39 <georgia[m]> lots of beautiful data work with matplotlib :)
16:24:50 <acute> georgia[m]: awesome! thank you
16:25:39 <hiro> thanks!
16:25:44 <georgia[m]> acute irl I was thinking that we can explore those links to see what the "design space" is in matplotlib (i wasn't super familiar and I'm sure toooo much is possible, but might be helpful!)
16:26:26 <georgia[m]> the team member I was chatting with is doing a phd in data visualization and is a core member of the matplotlib team (if that's helpful and we have specific questions)
16:26:44 <irl[m]> it's fairly flexible, but we need to consider that the readability of the data comes first and after that performance will be key
16:26:59 <irl[m]> fonts and colours can be modified easily to fit with the theme though
16:27:12 <georgia[m]> irl[m]: yes definitely
16:27:18 <hiro> _oftc_georgia[m]: could I be also included in this conversation this would be really interesting
16:27:24 <irl[m]> acute: will know a lot more about how far we can take it
16:28:13 <irl[m]> hiro7[m]: i've invited you to our matrix room for the project
16:28:47 <hiro> thanks
16:29:46 <GeKo> okay
16:29:58 <GeKo> anything else for today?
16:30:28 <irl[m]> not from me
16:30:33 <hiro> i am goo
16:30:37 <acute> same
16:30:37 <hiro> *good
16:30:47 <georgia[m]> all good!
16:30:48 <georgia[m]> thanks!
16:30:53 <GeKo> alright. have a nice week then everyone o/
16:30:58 <ggus> o/
16:30:58 <GeKo> #endmeeting