13:59:38 <ggus> #startmeeting Community Team Meeting - November 15 2021
13:59:38 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Nov 15 13:59:38 2021 UTC.  The chair is ggus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:59:38 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
13:59:51 <gaba> o/
13:59:58 <ggus> hi! we're starting now community team meeting. welcome everyone
13:59:59 <Shreya[m]> hello o/
14:00:01 <championquizzer> o/
14:00:13 <ggus> here's our meeting pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-community-team-2021-keep
14:00:18 <ggus> please add your updates
14:03:37 <ggus> looks like everyone is done? shall we jump into the meeting agenda?
14:04:17 <emmapeel> yes
14:04:21 <championquizzer> yes
14:04:32 <ggus> great!
14:05:00 <ggus> exciting news: we have a new job opening!
14:05:09 <ggus> https://www.torproject.org/about/jobs/education-communities-coordinator/
14:05:13 <emmapeel> yay!
14:05:21 <nah> \o/
14:05:25 <championquizzer> nicee!
14:05:49 <ggus> this person will be responsible to run some tor trainings plus coordinate training partnerships
14:05:54 <donuts> jobs jobs jobs
14:06:15 <ggus> it's the perfect job for a digital security trainer with good program manager skills
14:06:31 <Shreya> every opening i see, I wanna assist the new employee :')
14:06:42 <ggus> i think erin will announce it on tor-project mailing list today
14:07:03 <emmapeel> Shreya: :D
14:07:13 <ggus> if you have questions about this new position, lemme know :)
14:07:25 <Shreya> sure!
14:07:43 <ggus> and there are more 2 jobs opening too: https://www.torproject.org/about/jobs/
14:08:50 <Shreya> if I don't get selected in outreachy, can I apply for brand designer? this was my specialization in bachelors
14:09:04 <ggus> Shreya: yep!
14:09:26 <Shreya> :D
14:10:02 <ggus> Our next discussion topic is: * 'Run a Bridge' Campaign status
14:10:13 <ggus> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/community/relays/-/issues/24
14:10:34 <ggus> i need to finish the blog post and i'm planning to do today
14:10:39 <ggus> but
14:10:55 <ggus> the blog is on migration mode
14:11:16 <ggus> https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-project/2021-November/003222.html
14:12:18 <ggus> so, i should talk with lavamind when we will have the blog migration, so i can publish the bridges campaign blog post
14:13:13 <Shreya> Hi, can you check the both the designs for the blogpost? I wanted to add blog link at the bottom, but I didn't have it so I added tor project link
14:14:20 <ggus> donuts: i will need your designer eyes on that ticket.
14:14:29 <ggus> Shreya: yes, we wil do
14:14:32 <ggus> *will
14:14:52 <donuts> ggus: sure thing! is this the design needing reviewed, or are there other assets too?
14:14:53 <donuts> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/community/relays/-/issues/24#note_2760849
14:15:49 <ggus> donuts: there are other assets too. check miko's comment: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/community/relays/-/issues/24#note_2760834
14:16:47 <donuts> aha, didn't see the expandable :)
14:16:50 <donuts> ty
14:17:04 <ggus> we can sync on comms group
14:17:15 <donuts> sounds good! these illustrations are a lot of fun
14:17:32 <ggus> yeah! :)
14:17:35 <Miko[m]> My bad for the expandable! Did not want to clutter the space up
14:17:49 * kushal is in reading mode for the chat
14:17:59 <ggus> o/ kushal
14:18:03 <championquizzer> hi kushal!
14:18:33 <emmapeel> cute onions!
14:18:36 <Miko[m]> They're all PNGs but do let me know if you guys need JPEGs / SVGs
14:18:59 <ggus> Miko[m]: no worries, you should check tor browser design tickets. :D
14:19:21 <Miko[m]> Thank you for liking the designs everyone \o/
14:19:46 <Miko[m]> ggus: i will !!
14:19:55 <championquizzer> Shreya: hi! you had a question regarding the university and helix kits rewards I think? was it answered?
14:20:15 <Shreya> Miko[m]: please let me know which issue you we'll work on so we don't run into same problem again
14:20:33 <Shreya> yes you answered it
14:20:35 <donuts> will do! thanks Miko[m]!
14:21:11 <championquizzer> Shreya: ok, great :)
14:22:09 <Shreya> it was that, it's awarded for 5 bridges for 1 year but the awards will be distributed in 3 months ie the t-shirt and stickers, which will reduce the interest in continuing the bridges
14:22:16 <Miko[m]> shreya: what problem?
14:22:24 <ggus> alright, anything else regarding the campaign?
14:22:45 <Miko[m]> @donuts thank you!
14:23:06 <Shreya> @Miko[m]: design :D
14:24:15 <ggus> Shreya: unless the ticket was assigned to you, it's okay for others contribute to a ticket
14:24:48 <Shreya> we could've collaborated, it'd have been easier for both
14:27:45 <Buchi[m]> Shreya: but you never agreed to collaborate even when I proposed :(..
14:27:45 <Buchi[m]> Miko the illustrations are vibrate man. Love em'.
14:28:05 <Shreya> you asked when I was done!!
14:28:11 <Buchi[m]> vibrant*
14:28:17 <Shreya> I agree with that!
14:29:15 <ggus> alright folks, next time please comment on the ticket what you are working
14:29:19 <championquizzer> ok, I can take the last item in the agenda
14:29:30 <ggus> championquizzer: thanks!
14:29:51 <championquizzer> with the release of TB11 it has been quite a busy week for the community team :)
14:30:03 <donuts> +1, thanks so much for all your help
14:30:28 <championquizzer> i see tb 11.0.1 is on its way for release
14:30:44 <championquizzer> so we can update all our docs by this week
14:30:51 <Miko[m]> @Buchi thank you :D
14:30:59 <hackerncoder> It should fix some of the problems, but there are still a lot
14:31:00 <donuts> yep, hopefully today unless anything glaring was found in the RC – I'll crosspost to the forum and manage the comments there again
14:31:11 <championquizzer> right
14:31:18 <championquizzer> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/web/manual/-/issues/112
14:31:31 <championquizzer> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/web/support/-/issues/273
14:32:08 <donuts> (looks like the update is rolling out now)
14:32:18 <championquizzer> yeah
14:32:46 <Shreya> there she goes out into the world! :')
14:33:00 <championquizzer> so let's wait a couple of days and see how is the feedback and then we can update the docs :)
14:33:35 <ggus> championquizzer: sounds good!
14:33:48 <championquizzer> next up: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/community/support/-/issues/40046
14:33:58 <donuts> there are still some outstanding bugs, I don't think we ever got to the bottom of the font or MacOS issues
14:34:19 <ggus> there are many screenshots we will need to do
14:34:40 <donuts> but the broken window chrome and https-e issues should be fixed, hopefully
14:34:51 <ggus> and some instructions like 'preferences' menu changed to 'settings'
14:34:51 <hackerncoder> Yes
14:35:06 <championquizzer> donuts: yeah, we are expecting some known issues to stay for now but I think we will be good to update the screenshots at least
14:35:54 <donuts> yep :)
14:36:24 <emmapeel> yes, i want to talk abou screenshots. i want to push for images added to the websites with the markdown notation instead of html
14:36:28 <championquizzer> re. 40046. this is in my backlog and i need to do this in the next couple of days
14:36:58 <championquizzer> ggus: can you add the link to #tor? I will do the MR for tormodbot
14:37:35 <championquizzer> i will also need to talk with ahf for adding a link to the forum on 'Tor User Support' matrix
14:37:41 <ggus> championquizzer: will do
14:37:48 <championquizzer> ggus: thanks!
14:37:58 <ggus> emmapeel: the problem is that it breaks the manual layout
14:38:03 <emmapeel> if we add them with ![alt text here](/assets/images/imagename], lektor automatically converts the link onto a relative url and then the images work in all locales and also in different versions of the page like subfolders etc
14:39:23 <emmapeel> ggus: we could add CSS styling to the images, as explained in https://www.xaprb.com/blog/how-to-style-images-with-markdown/
14:40:48 <ggus> it seems you will need to touch lego, right?
14:43:03 <ggus> emmapeel: ?
14:43:14 <emmapeel> yes, for the css yes
14:43:31 <ggus> so, let's open a ticket and look into this next year
14:43:40 <emmapeel> but we could arrange some styles, like ive seen sometimes w-100 used or similar that is 100% width
14:43:48 <emmapeel> yes, ok
14:43:58 <emmapeel> ill open a ticket thanks
14:43:59 <ggus> because we have images in support too
14:44:06 <ggus> thank you!
14:44:45 <ggus> anything else for today?
14:45:12 <emmapeel> this Friday we hangout! l10n hangout Nov. 19th
14:45:28 <championquizzer> yes! two events this week :p
14:45:42 <emmapeel> https://community.torproject.org/localization/hangouts/
14:46:27 <Shreya> will it be using voice-channel?
14:46:40 <emmapeel> Shreya: yes
14:46:43 <emmapeel> a part of it
14:46:48 <Shreya> :o
14:46:54 <championquizzer> Shreya: yeah, there will be a call on big blue button
14:47:12 <championquizzer> 13 UTC, 19th Nov
14:47:35 <Shreya> thanks! :)
14:47:46 <ggus> State of the Onion is happening this Wednesday, 1700 UTC: https://forum.torproject.net/t/state-of-the-onion-2021/
14:48:38 <championquizzer> \o/
14:49:17 <Shreya> goodluck with the presentation!
14:49:20 <ggus> i think that's all for today. i will stop the bot
14:49:24 <ggus> thank you, Shreya
14:49:27 <ggus> #endmeeting