15:59:38 <cohosh> #startmeeting tor anti-censorship meeting
15:59:38 <MeetBot> Meeting started Thu Nov 25 15:59:38 2021 UTC.  The chair is cohosh. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:59:38 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:59:50 <cohosh> here is our meeting pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-anti-censorship-keep
16:00:41 <meskio> hello
16:00:48 <cohosh> feel free to add items to the agenda
16:01:14 <cohosh> it might be a quiet meeting this week, due to holidays
16:02:59 <meskio> yep, I don't think I have much to discuss
16:03:03 <cohosh> heh
16:03:11 <cohosh> i put "pick a new reading" on the agenda
16:03:18 <cohosh> but also realized that we have a PI meeting in two weeks
16:03:22 <meskio> I wonder if we have something to talk about the china spike of users yesterday
16:03:25 <cohosh> and after that i will probably be away
16:03:34 <meskio> :)
16:03:38 <cohosh> oh?
16:03:45 <cohosh> i missed this spike
16:03:56 <meskio> https://metrics.torproject.org/userstats-relay-country.html?start=2021-10-01&end=2021-11-25&country=cn&events=off
16:04:05 <meskio> it looks like tor did work for some hours yesterday
16:04:12 <meskio> (or is it two days ago)
16:04:16 <cohosh> woah
16:04:19 <meskio> and then stopped working again
16:04:26 <anadahz> (hi)
16:05:24 <meskio> anyway, I don't have anything to add, just a nice graph and ggus mentioning it somewhere
16:05:41 <anadahz> These spikes are happening regularly every some time. Looking on this year: https://metrics.torproject.org/userstats-relay-country.html?start=2021-10-01&end=2021-11-25&country=cn&events=off
16:06:14 <anadahz> Though this there were more directly connecting users.
16:06:35 <cohosh> yeah, looking a year back, there are a few more spikes like this
16:06:57 <meskio> yep
16:07:02 <meskio> reboots of the gfw?
16:07:12 <cohosh> heh
16:07:20 <gus[m]> meskio: it seems that it's not 100% blocked - https://explorer.ooni.org/measurement/20211125T152118Z_tor_CN_4134_n1_UN8dKM5f3m4ED1M5
16:08:12 <meskio> I see
16:08:24 <cohosh> i guess it depends too on how the guards are doing, which ooni does not measure
16:09:41 <gus[m]> hm, like if GFW is also blocking guards IPs they won't connect
16:10:46 <cohosh> yeah
16:10:56 <shelikhoo> In the #tor channel, I have commented that GFW have blocked built-in IPv6 address in some region.
16:11:15 <cohosh> shelikhoo: oh, is that new?
16:12:04 <shelikhoo> No, but I used to think IPv6 does not have block by IP from GFW.
16:12:35 <cohosh> oh i see
16:12:44 <cohosh> that's good to know
16:12:48 <shelikhoo> It is not blocked in Guangzhou. But inaccessible in Beijing, Chengdu, Nanjing. https://share.riseup.net/#pxZUEe2cQxDHROA31N5lNQ
16:12:48 <shelikhoo> And it is blocked by ip address, since if we just +1 to the address then it is accessible https://share.riseup.net/#tXw5i3qTxV_yf9XX6kkLXA
16:15:50 <anadahz> shelikhoo: both links you shared return "File not found or corrupt".
16:17:24 <shelikhoo> https://share.riseup.net/#RgWAXRE-k9KHcBCoAAxITw
16:17:39 <shelikhoo> https://share.riseup.net/#-7cfHvBdA0KqB27lQaq9Og
16:18:12 <cohosh> thanks, those worked for me :)
16:18:30 <anadahz> shelikhoo: thx!
16:18:39 <shelikhoo> Sorry, I forgot that these link will expire...
16:18:55 <cohosh> okay i think i'll close the meeting here
16:19:06 <shelikhoo> The location that is untranslated is Hong Kong...
16:20:08 <gus[m]> cohosh: the new default bridge is ready. i will open a ticket. https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/3D98E4E19BDBBF2047DDAC7892B39D688B1CC1F2
16:20:17 <cohosh> ah awesome gus[m] thanks!
16:20:26 <meskio> I guess we'll set something for the next reading group next week
16:20:27 <anadahz> shelikhoo: Seems like an interesting service for ipv6 pings.
16:21:03 <cohosh> meskio: oh, do we want to choose a reading? i think i will not be available for reading group for the rest of this year
16:21:29 <shelikhoo> Yes, There is other service for China IPv4 ping, but China IPv6 ping is a little hard to find.
16:21:37 <cohosh> next week's meeting is the last one i'm attending in 2021 that is not conflicting with other meetings or vacation/holidays
16:21:46 <meskio> cohosh: ahh, ok, then lets do it next year
16:21:58 <meskio> I thought you wanted to set up something for the reading group
16:22:19 <cohosh> i wrote that, and then i realized that the end of the year is so close >.<
16:22:25 <shelikhoo> We can have something to read, and discuss it next year...
16:22:25 <meskio> :)
16:22:46 <cohosh> shelikhoo: i think it's better to choose it next year, otherwise it's too much time
16:22:55 <shelikhoo> Hahahaha
16:24:00 * cohosh waits to see if there is anything else? :)
16:26:07 <cohosh> okay thanks for attending everyone!
16:26:11 <cohosh> #endmeeting